UK adopts Sharia Law

The story relates to civial disputes where, if both parties agree to the relevant artbitration then so be it.

This is nothing new.

Some people agree to resolve their differences with a punch up.

If both parties agree it is up to them.

Werbung:
I also think it dangerous and I am not terribly happy about it.

Even have to admit that although I am in the UK, this is actually the first I have heard of the ruling, so my government must have kept pretty quiet about it.

I hold my hands up and fully admit I know little about law per se, if I am incorrect here, feel free to correct me by all means.

As I already said, correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot help feeling that the rights of Muslims themselves (in particular Muslim women) are actually being repressed by enabling Sharia Courts in the UK the power to settle civil cases.

To say it's acceptable,because such courts will only be allowed to deal with civil cases does not in my view remove strong reservations. The problem being, that Muslim women are not treated as equals via Sharia Law, they are classed as inferior to men and do not receive the rights British women traditionally receive.

By UK divorce and domestic violence law, Muslim women have access to the same rights as any other British women, by Sharia Law, they will not.

I also cannot help feeling that when one decides to live in a country, or is born into a country, then one should be willing and able to adhere to and respect that countries law, regardless of whether it gels with ones religion.

I think setting this precedent will do a great deal of damage to Muslim women in particular and the country to some extent as a whole.

I am really sad and rather cross that the government has decided to go down this road. It is very weak of them in my opinion.

No Obamanation, you need to be careful with your generalizations. I have Muslim friends who have absoloutley no intention of spreading Islam to me or anyone else for that matter - it is simply personal faith.

I don't like, want or plan to EVER EVER obey sharia law, but as long as it doesn't effect anyone who doesn't want to be effected by it, hey, thats more freedom for everyone. You seem to only want freedom if its "your type" of freedom - and thats not really freedom.

This sounds fine, but that was the situation before when you could "opt in" to a sharia court. Why do we need to take it a step further?

Sounds to me it is more like forcing some people who do not want Sharia law to have to obey sharia law.

Yeah well, if your a Muslim its in your scripture to obey Sharia law. Like it or lump it.

There are only fundamentalist Muslims is what you are saying?

Since woman are not treated as equals in this scripture do we simply tell them to like it or lump it?

No Obamanation, you need to be careful with your generalizations. I have Muslim friends who have absoloutley no intention of spreading Islam to me or anyone else for that matter - it is simply personal faith.

I don't like, want or plan to EVER EVER obey sharia law, but as long as it doesn't effect anyone who doesn't want to be effected by it, hey, thats more freedom for everyone. You seem to only want freedom if its "your type" of freedom - and thats not really freedom.

I don't think I am being "un careful” If it were just personal faith, they would obey Sharia law all by them self without it being "official" There are hard core nut cases in all religions, yes even in Islam. It’s long been ok to say there are nut cases in Christianity but it’s been taboo to say it about Islam or Judaism. That doesn’t make it untrue. All three groups have hard core believers who feel it is a personal cause to make the world see things from their point of view. Judaism is a bit different, they don’t try to make people become Jewish, and they want the non Jews to become Noachide. Actually they believe we are all already Noachide, just not practicing in our faith of the 7 laws. IN all three cases I am not talking about your average Jewish person, or average Christian person or average Muslim. I am talking about the hard core extremists. Extremists have a lot of power; they have the power to get institutions to ban other things that offend them, without ever considering that in its self is offensive to others.

But in the end it’s your country and if you’re into it then go for it. I protest to my death for it to happen in my country.

I always thought people over seas nit picking and complaining about my Country was weird and a bit sick, so I don’t want to do that to your country. It is your country and I want to be respectful of what your country wants for its self. If this is it, then I am happy for your country and just a little scared for mine.

I also think it dangerous and I am not terribly happy about it.

Even have to admit that although I am in the UK, this is actually the first I have heard of the ruling, so my government must have kept pretty quiet about it.

I hold my hands up and fully admit I know little about law per se, if I am incorrect here, feel free to correct me by all means.

As I already said, correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot help feeling that the rights of Muslims themselves (in particular Muslim women) are actually being repressed by enabling Sharia Courts in the UK the power to settle civil cases.

To say it's acceptable,because such courts will only be allowed to deal with civil cases does not in my view remove strong reservations. The problem being, that Muslim women are not treated as equals via Sharia Law, they are classed as inferior to men and do not receive the rights British women traditionally receive.

By UK divorce and domestic violence law, Muslim women have access to the same rights as any other British women, by Sharia Law, they will not.

I also cannot help feeling that when one decides to live in a country, or is born into a country, then one should be willing and able to adhere to and respect that countries law, regardless of whether it gels with ones religion.

I think setting this precedent will do a great deal of damage to Muslim women in particular and the country to some extent as a whole.

I am really sad and rather cross that the government has decided to go down this road. It is very weak of them in my opinion.

Wow you live in the UK and didn't know about this till just now. OH that would make me so dang mad. There was no vote? I guess I assumed it was a vote, that people talked about it, that there was a debate, something.

ugh I am sorry

But I was just reading the post above yours and apparently as long as you are not Muslim you wont have to worry about it.......yet

Well if it was not that way before, it is now. I wonder if Catholics can get together and do something simular. They follow the Pope

Perhaps I can follow his logic and say you better believe in my traditions.. like it or lump it...

Perhaps I can follow his logic and say you better believe in my traditions.. like it or lump it...

I dont want anyone to follow my traditions and I dont want to have to follow anyones. I like the United States of America the way the founders founded it. If someone tries to change it there are many who would revolt.

I truly believe in a Creator or God or what ever you want to call it but I will not be ruled by anyones version of what a god is. That is very personal, to this degree I believe in the mythical seperation of church and state

There are only fundamentalist Muslims is what you are saying?

Since woman are not treated as equals in this scripture do we simply tell them to like it or lump it?

It is not just funadmentalist Muslims who believe in Sharia law, not at all. It is a vital part of the religion for many more moderate Muslims.

It is not just funadmentalist Muslims who believe in Sharia law, not at all. It is a vital part of the religion for many more moderate Muslims.

But like it or lump it for the ones who want to live in a secular society?

Werbung:
Back