US and the world rejoice in Obama's victory

Geez, do you have to remind me of that? He'll probably cancel the alaska missiles and the system in the czech republic and poland so he can use the money to send checks to deadbeats.

Well just today Russia announced they will deploy an Iskander missile system (conventional warheads) in the Kaliningrad region. This is the area that borders Poland and Lithuania.

From this position Russia could electronically jam the U.S. system, deployed in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Moscow also scrapped plans to stand down three Cold War-era nuclear missile regiments today.

Russia and China, even Iran are furthering their missile development. They are ahead of us right now in missile and nuclear technology. China can shoot down satellites, which we are unable to defend. Missile defense must be a priority.

Werbung:
Well just today Russia announced they will deploy an Iskander missile system (conventional warheads) in the Kaliningrad region. This is the area that borders Poland and Lithuania.

From this position Russia could electronically jam the U.S. system, deployed in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Moscow also scrapped plans to stand down three Cold War-era nuclear missile regiments today.

Russia and China, even Iran are furthering their missile development. They are ahead of us right now in missile and nuclear technology. China can shoot down satellites, which we are unable to defend. Missile defense must be a priority.

Obama said he would not weaponize space, he wants deep cuts in all this.

we will just have to suck it up

Those nuclear missiles that they scrapped the plans to disband are RS-18 Stiletto intercontinental ballistic missiles with a range of 6,200 miles.

Obama said he would not weaponize space, he wants deep cuts in all this.

we will just have to suck it up

Well it is doable to defend against this without putting weapons in space, but the technology is not really there at this point, which is why cutting research funding is a disaster.

Does anyone think we can wage a war without satellites? We must defend them.

Does anyone think a world without nuclear weapons is possible? Obama wants to halt production on new nuclear weapons, but our biggest competitors continually produce better missiles and warheads. We are behind, make no mistake. Missile defense is critical in this regard, and it must be partnered with aggressive policies to counter expanding Russian and Chinese influence globally.

Well it is doable to defend against this without putting weapons in space, but the technology is not really there at this point, which is why cutting research funding is a disaster.

Does anyone think a world without nuclear weapons is possible? Obama wants to halt production on new nuclear weapons, but our biggest competitors continually produce better missiles and warheads. We are behind, make no mistake. Missile defense is critical in this regard, and it must be partnered with aggressive policies to counter expanding Russian and Chinese influence globally.

this man thinks he can bring world peace, he doesnt need weapons.
i agree its foolish and dangerous but it is what it is

this man thinks he can bring world peace, he doesnt need weapons.
i agree its foolish and dangerous but it is what it is

Well I will say again, as I have been all election, his stated foreign policy is a disaster, hopefully Biden or someone will talk some sense into him.

Think what you will of Bush, but Bush was a big advocate of missile defense and extending deterrents to our key allies.

I am not convinced that any of these comments really translate into concrete policy.

If McCain had won we would see many of the same comments as most world leaders accept that the President of the United States is the leader of the free world.

The test for me is not if he can win praise from a foreign leader, but if he can win concessions from them to push US interests abroad. This remains to be seen in my opinion.

I've argued that here already. The PRC understands perfectly well that the US military, from ships at sea to tanks on the battlefield to cruise missiles to JDAM bombs depend on our satellite resources, and their space program is geared toward that. One can only hope against hope that they don't make too much progress for the next four years, because of course the US will do nothing during that time.

Well I will say again, as I have been all election, his stated foreign policy is a disaster, hopefully Biden or someone will talk some sense into him.

Think what you will of Bush, but Bush was a big advocate of missile defense and extending deterrents to our key allies.

I like bush, I would have voted for him had he been on the ballot :)

Personally if Russia told us that like it or not they were going to establish a "missile defense" program just say 10 miles south of the US border in Mexico I'd be ramping up too.

We'll either escalate up or negotiate down across the board. I for one will at least be thankful that we will try the latter first.

Once a country (any country) has enough nukes to contaminate (destroy) the whole world how many times over you can do that or who can shoot first is pretty theoretically irrelevant.

In an all out nuclear war no one wins.

As top gun notes, it was the US's decision to install nukes in Poland that ramped up this action. The US needs to get completely over the idea that it is allowed to do whatever and the world isn't allowed to take action to prevent it. The days when the US was an unquestioned power for good are gone and you can thank GWB for about 80% of that.

As top gun notes, it was the US's decision to install nukes in Poland that ramped up this action. The US needs to get completely over the idea that it is allowed to do whatever and the world isn't allowed to take action to prevent it. The days when the US was an unquestioned power for good are gone and you can thank GWB for about 80% of that.

Get a clue. The russians used this opportunity, an entirely justified defense against iran's massive missile development and nuclear bomb project, to rattle their sabers, in an effort to intimidate their former warsaw pact allies and especially the liberated ex-soviet union republics.

Werbung:

First of all, the US did not decide to put missiles in Poland. Poland asked us to do so.

Second of all, the proposed placement is about 10 interceptor missiles in Poland and a radar tracking station in the Czech Republic. There was nothing nuclear about it, further these missiles will not even be in place until 2011 to 2013.

Third of all, in terms of credibility with Europe (and yes we still have it), we have no choice but to put interceptors in Eastern Europe. How can we credibility extend a deterrent to anyone if we are not willing to actually enact measures to carry out that deterrent?

Fourth of all, Russia already responded to Poland in Georgia and Venezuela, so the whole idea that these are in response to Poland is outrageous. The idea that you scrap plans to disband a division of ICBM's because of 10 interceptors and a radar station is lunacy.

Now I am not surprised Russia is upset over this, but the idea that we should back down from protecting our strategic interests because they are upset is ridiculous.

Finally, the idea that we can "negotiate" down from this is wishful thinking. Russia open states they are not our friend. We are being pushed out Europe because we will not call Russia on this. Russia moves missiles in so we abandon Eastern Europe? I think not.

Smells like the Cuban Missile Crisis logic to me. Russia puts in missiles, so we cave on security promises and pull missiles out of Turkey. The Cuban Missile Crisis was a net loss for the US.

Back