What a sad, truly sad statement about our homophobic way of thinking!

Bingo.

Our brains continue to wire themselves long after birth and clear past adolescence in some cases. They even rewire themselves after injury and therapy.

Training the brain to respond to certain stimuli, as with the findings in the AI industry with young adolescent males trained to mount dummies or steers or pretty much anything that can support their weight, hardwires it to the new stimulus. It's about timing, catching the animal or person at a critical and susceptible age, usualy just at or before reaching puberty, and LONG after birth.

From then on I'd expect the animal/human's brain to be wired to excite at the new set of stimuli. It's called classical conditioning Mare. You may have heard of it? Pavlov's dog? Any of this "ringing a bell"? [Couldn't resist].

Werbung:
Bingo.

Our brains continue to wire themselves long after birth and clear past adolescence in some cases. They even rewire themselves after injury and therapy.

Training the brain to respond to certain stimuli, as with the findings in the AI industry with young adolescent males trained to mount dummies or steers or pretty much anything that can support their weight, hardwires it to the new stimulus. It's about timing, catching the animal or person at a critical and susceptible age, usualy just at or before reaching puberty, and LONG after birth.

From then on I'd expect the animal/human's brain to be wired to excite at the new set of stimuli. It's called classical conditioning Mare. You may have heard of it? Pavlov's dog? Any of this "ringing a bell"? [Couldn't resist].

HELLO >>>> anyone HEAR ME...this isn't about all that re-hashed topic of yours on PROP. #8...remember me asking you to NOT TURN THIS INTO THAT REGURGITATED TOPIC SO THAT YOU COULD REPOST ALL OF THAT ANIMAL BREEDING INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC ABOUT 'DADT'...:confused: You asked me to stay on the topic about the hypothethical flooding of the arid part of Africa...and I did as you asked...now I've asked you twice and you are ignoring 'ME'!

HELLO >>>> anyone HEAR ME...this isn't about all that re-hashed topic of yours on PROP. #8...remember me asking you to NOT TURN THIS INTO THAT REGURGITATED TOPIC SO THAT YOU COULD REPOST ALL OF THAT ANIMAL BREEDING INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC ABOUT 'DADT'...:confused: You asked me to stay on the topic about the hypothethical flooding of the arid part of Africa...and I did as you asked...now I've asked you twice and you are ignoring 'ME'!

Mare brought it up. Please consider directing your ire appropriately.

Over and over again people jeered because there has never been a gay gene discovered and explanations to them about complexes of genes probably being needed to govern something as complicated as sexual orientation always go unheeded.

Here's an interesting piece about stuttering and the several genes that appear to be involved in its develpment. If something as simple stuttering takes several genes then it is likely that sexual attributes are going to have far more genes involved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8507086.stm

these studies are new to you ? I thought you were up to date on this stuff.

of note in the National Geo article

Hamer cautions that the gay men's different brain activity could be either a cause of their sexual orientation or an effect of it.

So, what's your problem? Because scientists are willing to admit that we don't know everything? That's science, dog, we build up the evidence on piece at a time. On this site I have met a lot of people like you who don't know that the AMA has been successfully treating transsexuals for more than 40 years. I try not to make assumptions about what you do and don't know.

Bingo.

Do you have any idea how long it took Pavlov to train something as simple as salivation on command? Keep trying, Siho, your thesis that all gay and trans people have been "trained" to be that way cannot be supported because there just AREN'T that many training barns with little children in cages. You provided no basis for you assertions, you have given no example of children being held long enough in isolation to make them into sexual zombies. You know if that kind of thing was actually being done then we could find these barnyard perverts and put them in jail.

Mare brought it up. Please consider directing your ire appropriately.

The genesis of homosexuality is germane to the subject since we are discussing whether gay people should have equal rights in the US. The argument all along has been that being gay is an evil choice (except for Siho who sees children in cages) when in point of fact all the best evidence we have continues to shore up the theory of a genetic basis.

Siho's diseased imaginings are based on nothing but twisted thinking on her part.

Werbung:
Americans Support Gays, Oppose Homosexuals In The MilitaryPosted by JacobSloan on February 12, 2010

As the government weighs the repealing of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” wonder where the American public stands? Wonkette reports that the latest polls show that a majority of Americans support “gay men and lesbians” serving openly in the military, but less than half support “homosexuals” doing so. There you have it, a wise and decisive answer.

This poll shows that 44% of Americans approve of homosexuals serving openly in the military and 42% do not, however the same poll asked about gays and lesbians serving openly and 58% of Americans approve while only 28% say they should not.

http://www.disinfo.com/

Yep, that's correct, homosexuals don't get as much support for serving openly in the military as gays and lesbians do. I'm not lying, go to the site and read it.

Back