What do conservative think of Hagel?

Werbung:
whomever has the best ideas for america

forget the Pubs and Dems they are the same thing you ninnys....when will you learn
there is NO SEPERATION OF PARTY...................... only on the surface

Is he the guy who wants to institute a draft?

wow, that's all you know about one of the few respectable Republicans in the Senate...

-----

In 1971, Hagel was hired as a staffer for Congressman John Y. McCollister (R-NE), serving until 1977. For the next four years, he worked as a lobbyist for Firestone Tire and Rubber Company, and, in 1980, he served as an organizer for the successful presidential campaign of former California Governor Ronald Reagan.

After Reagan's inauguration as President, Hagel was named deputy administrator of the Veterans Administration. In 1982, however, he resigned his post over a disagreement with V.A. Administrator Robert P. Nimmo, who was intent on cutting funding for V.A. programs, and who had referred to veterans groups as "greedy", and to Agent Orange as not much worse than a "little teenage acne

Since his election to the Senate in 1996, Hagel has served as deputy whip for the Republican Caucus. He has been chair of both the Senate Global Climate Change Observer Group and the Senate Oversight Task Force. He serves as co-chairman of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China. He also serves on the NATO Observer Group. Hagel is a member of four Senate committees: Foreign Relations; Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Committee on Rules and Administration.

In November 2005, Hagel made a much-publicized statement saying "To question your government is not unpatriotic — to not question your government is unpatriotic." This was in reference to the increasing amount of debate surrounding the Iraq War, and his assertion that the United States should withdraw its troops.

In December 2005, in reference to Bush, the GOP, and the Patriot Act, Hagel made a much-publicized statement: "I took an oath of office to the Constitution, I didn't take an oath of office to my party or my president."

Hagel further criticized the Bush administration, saying, "National security is more important than the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. And to use it to try and get someone elected will ultimately end up in defeat and disaster for that political party

Soooo, you copied and pasted something from either a wikipedia page or his campaign site. So what?

He still believes in the draft which I cannot get behind.

Soooo, you copied and pasted something from either a wikipedia page or his campaign site. So what?

He still believes in the draft which I cannot get behind.

yes, i copied a few things quickly to give you some info, if you are interested you can do your own research. and yes, you are thinking of Rangel. who brought up the draft to make a point. If you believe in an endless war, like the neo-conservative administration does, you might have to start thinking about a draft because the military is at it's breaking point.

What's with Republicans. It's always gotta be an Actor, a liar, or an idiot...

What's with the Democrats? They can never make up their minds.

Mr. Kerry, what is your position?

"Number 1...no, number 2...hmm, maybe number 1, but better than you just put it...no...both!"

wow, that's all you know about one of the few respectable Republicans in the Senate...

-----

In 1971, Hagel was hired as a staffer for Congressman John Y. McCollister (R-NE), serving until 1977. For the next four years, he worked as a lobbyist for Firestone Tire and Rubber Company, and, in 1980, he served as an organizer for the successful presidential campaign of former California Governor Ronald Reagan.

After Reagan's inauguration as President, Hagel was named deputy administrator of the Veterans Administration. In 1982, however, he resigned his post over a disagreement with V.A. Administrator Robert P. Nimmo, who was intent on cutting funding for V.A. programs, and who had referred to veterans groups as "greedy", and to Agent Orange as not much worse than a "little teenage acne

Since his election to the Senate in 1996, Hagel has served as deputy whip for the Republican Caucus. He has been chair of both the Senate Global Climate Change Observer Group and the Senate Oversight Task Force. He serves as co-chairman of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China. He also serves on the NATO Observer Group. Hagel is a member of four Senate committees: Foreign Relations; Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Committee on Rules and Administration.

In November 2005, Hagel made a much-publicized statement saying "To question your government is not unpatriotic — to not question your government is unpatriotic." This was in reference to the increasing amount of debate surrounding the Iraq War, and his assertion that the United States should withdraw its troops.

In December 2005, in reference to Bush, the GOP, and the Patriot Act, Hagel made a much-publicized statement: "I took an oath of office to the Constitution, I didn't take an oath of office to my party or my president."

Hagel further criticized the Bush administration, saying, "National security is more important than the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. And to use it to try and get someone elected will ultimately end up in defeat and disaster for that political party

For a Republican Hagel stands out as being a moderate. I think he's still to conservative on social issues but I respect him a lot for how he's been willing to call it like it is and stand up to his own party and Bush.

It's hilarious to listen to the righties on talk radio try to handle Hagel. They'd love to "swift boat" him... but they just can't quite completely do that to one of there own especially with his outstanding war record.

On the draft thing there's a lot of talk by people against the war that a draft would make the upper class a lot more sensitive with all their "sabre rattling" if they knew their boys were in line too. I think when people talk about the draft it's more to get people to think of the real costs of war in personal terms more than it is really wanting to fire it up.

Werbung:
whats with all you NON-Thinking DOLTS who bow to the FAILED party sytem?

you all are so so young and naive

Back