What does the attack on Paris mean?

History should teach lessons for the future, I agree but it seems that at the moment were not learning anything.

The UK as now voted to join in the air strikes on IS in Syria, but what good is going to come of bombing a country that's already been blown to bits? In recent years , this will be the fourth conflict the UK will have got into without there bring an end in site, or even a plan of what the end is.

Northern Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Syria, so it looks like for the UK at least, we're not learing anything.

Werbung:
I agree it will do little good in Syria. At most it will replace Is with another dictatorship. But it might boost the British government domestic support.

I agree it will do little good in Syria. At most it will replace Is with another dictatorship.
Some of these countries once they are destabilized can't come back from that. Though there's been talk that elections might be held in Syria next year, I think that once all the bombings stop fighting will erupt once again. Syria will be like Somalia and Libya.

This war is very different as it is an attack on world democracy; IS don't like democracy and how people live or their beliefs. How can you fight that?

The UK is doing their part and as they have a base in Cyprus, it is much easier for them to plan attacks. You cannot compare this to other wars because the other countries have done nothing except live their lives according to their own culture and beliefs. The other wars had other elements, a figure head to negotiate with, here IS has none.

I do not think the Syrian war is much different to other wars. Is is not the only group that dislikes democracy. I think there have been many attacks on democracy,
some have attack world democracy. Like Hitler r Soviet Russia or even China. I o not think we will save democracy in the Middle East by attacking IS.

The Syrian war is evolving and spreading [terrorists attacks are the way the cowards fight back] and since more non-combatants will be killed, the jihadis will find it easier to recruit more jihadis not just in the Middle East but also elsewhere in the world. They want to transform it all and make all Muslims the world is united against Islam and their strategy just might work.

Reddie, The world (not Muslim ) is united against Islam. Where this has happen in the past ,eg crusades it has only led to more death and no real permanent gain.

My bad.
Where this has happen in the past ,eg crusades it has only led to more death and no real permanent gain.
All it will take are a few more terrorist attacks and we'll be right where we were centuries ago — united against Islam and the terrorists want more of these attacks to make people fear Muslims. They want reprisals. Reprisals that will force Muslims in the West to answer back in kind. They want a mass exodus of Muslims from the West. Muslims who'll be quite eager to swell the ranks of terrorist organizations. Smart Muslims who would make the terrorist organizations even more formidable.

The strategists are too blind to see this.

Reddie I agree with your last posts. But there are moderate Muslims who we can negotiate with once Is has gone. if we do not make the mistake of another crusade.

History might repeat itself. Negotiate and offer support to a group which we think is on our side but once they've got what they want they turn their backs on us. I think once the war against ISIS is done, the easier way to combat terrorism is by dismantling terrorists cells as soon as they are identified. Everyone funding terrorism should also be arrested and executed.

Reddie I do not think you can eliminate terrorism. It will be difficult to recognise terrorist cells or the money supply . It has not been done in the past.

Reddie I agree with your last posts. But there are moderate Muslims who we can negotiate with once Is has gone. if we do not make the mistake of another crusade.

You do realize that ISIS is fighting Assad right? The guy that President Obama said "must go" and used chemical weapons on his own people. The guy that Russia is actively backing and propping up.

There is no happy medium in Syria with any current, legitimate chance of taking power. If Assad falls ISIS takes over, to prevent ISIS from taking over, Assad stays in place. Neither is a great option.

History might repeat itself. Negotiate and offer support to a group which we think is on our side but once they've got what they want they turn their backs on us. I think once the war against ISIS is done, the easier way to combat terrorism is by dismantling terrorists cells as soon as they are identified. Everyone funding terrorism should also be arrested and executed.

Does this include the Saudi royal family?

ISSIS is not just fighting Assad. It is in Iraq as well. It Ist one of several groups that want to get rid of Assad including the Saudi royal family. They are all Sunnies and the government they are fighting are not.

Werbung:
ISSIS is not just fighting Assad. It is in Iraq as well. It Ist one of several groups that want to get rid of Assad including the Saudi royal family. They are all Sunnies and the government they are fighting are not.

Ok - yes, we all agree ISIS is in more than just Syria. But they are still a big factor in Syria. You claim there are moderates we can just "negotiate" with to solve the problem....who are they?

Back