What was the original purpose of government in this country?

USMC the Almighty

How did the Framers envision the government back in 1789?

The reason I think this is important is because conservatives and liberals have a fundamental disagreement regarding the purpose of government.

Your thoughts...

Werbung:
Good topic

I haven't enough background knowledge to tell you in detail everything they were hoping for in the near and distant future and everything they wanted to prevent in regards to other forms of government. I will say this however. The Left-Right spectrum is relatively new and was first coined after Napoleon lost his power in France. Liberalism is really a tinkered failed ideology that is barely a hundred years old. All politics and thoughts were right wing before that and before that, all forms of government. Although many of the founding fathers were very much open-minded on many otherwise stone-tablet issues, they were without a doubt advocates and followers of paleoconservatism. Some people think that because the founding fathers set up the government the way they did, they believed in equality, humanitarianism and large social programs. A horses ass they did. The government was designed the way it was because they were sick of the system of government and dealing with the system of government that is the monarchy. They wanted the government to be fairer and more entwined with the common man which of course was the white common man. The fathers like the great European empires believed all races were inferior to Anglos. For one thing, I'll tell you this, they never intended America to be anything but an Anglo citizen nation. To them, blacks were monkeys, Muslims were absolutely hated and felt asians should be beaten. They probably also didn't like Catholics but I doubt they would have strongly denounced any talk of Catholic settling.

Hey folks

conservatives and liberals have a fundamental disagreement regarding the purpose of government.

Your thoughts...

Conservatives and Liberals do because they have a disagreement on everything which leads to politics. Personalitywise, conservatives tend to be deeper, more intolerant and quicker to fight. Liberals tend to be more shallow, materialistic, humanitarian, less principled and more cowardly by comparison. Prime example: John Edwards. What a flaming fag. I would break that guys jaw-line.

How did the Framers envision the government back in 1789?

The reason I think this is important is because conservatives and liberals have a fundamental disagreement regarding the purpose of government.

Your thoughts...

The original purpose of government in this country was to secure the unalienable rights of individuals within the framework of Natural Law. The two primary influences of the Founders in this matter were John Locke and Algernon Sidney.

Of course, too much power was given to the government under the Constitution (the anti-federalists have turned out to be right). And there were not enough protections established to prevent the complete corruption of our republic.

Great, but let's get specific now. What in particular did the Founders believe a government should do?

Can we all agree on common defense?

Werbung:
Back