What's a better method? Revenge or Forgiveness?

• Revenge

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Forgiveness

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
Werbung:

Give examples from history to back up your opinion.

I'd say forgiveness just because of WW I and WW II. Germany started WW II because of the punishment from WW I. If the world forgave Germany after WW I, then WW II could have been avoided.

That was just one of the many reasons for WW2.. but I do admit the strictness on Germany was to much the first time, yet to little the second.

But sometimes it is not simply the consequences that make an action worse than another, wouldn't you agree?

Why? Because it makes you feel better? In my eyes killing someone else's family in retaliation for their deeds is just as bad as that person.
In over simplistic terms I would agree. I would have to agree with dahermit here. Is universal forgiveness the answer? The impression I'm getting is that I could get away with murder so to speak.

But sometimes it is not simply the consequences that make an action worse than another, wouldn't you agree?

I would say that in certain cases, but not this one. I believe by revenge killing to make yourself feel better you are playing on an even field with the murderer. And my personal philosophy is to rise above "bad" people like this, but that's just me. I believe revenge is short term gratification and forgiveness is long term gratification. It's the easy vs. the hard way out.

In over simplistic terms I would agree. I would have to agree with dahermit here. Is universal forgiveness the answer? The impression I'm getting is that I could get away with murder so to speak.

I was more referring to the death penalty, basically the eye for an eye argument.

I don't agree with revenge just to make yourself feel better, but of course people need to be punished so they don't commit the same crime.

Well, its a nice philosophy. But when the time comes it might not be so easy.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to take revenge if my family was killed, or even that I wouldn't, because it's hard not to. I'm saying that I don't believe in the philosophy of revenge and that I try to rise above it, although to do so all the time is nearly impossible.

What the Hell is this? Of COURSE revenge is better! Forgiveness just means you're too lazy for revenge.

You just have to wait, be patient, your moment for revenge will present itself. Although it is a dish best served cold, I gotta' tell you, it's a Hell of a lot better than Gazpacho.

Besides, whats better on a rainy day? Plotting revenge fantasy's, or plotting forgivness fantasy's? I gotta' go with the one where stuff gets blown up.

Werbung:
Back