What's With All the Texas and Florida License Plates?

MusicLover

For the last couple years I've been seeing a lot of license plates from Texas and Florida in my state. I see them everyday.

When it first started I didn't think much about it beyond the person was a long way from home. That was a couple years ago. Now, after all this time, I don't think these people are just traveling. If they were, they would be here in the summer. Not the winter. It's cold and rainy here in the winter.

Does anyone else see a lot of these license plates in their state these days?

I have an idea of why they are coming but what do those on this board think?

Werbung:
They are likely visiting relatives.

Why did they all of a sudden start to visit relatives now?

This isn't normal. I didn't start to see those plates all the time until about a year and a half ago or so.

It's normal to see plates from neighboring states and Canada but Texas and Florida are thousands of miles from here. Not many people are going to drive across the Rocky Mountains this time of year. Florida is in the exact opposite corner of the nation from my state.

It would make sense if Florida and Texas weren't far but Texas is a 5 hour flight non stop. Florida is more than 6 hours non stop.

Driving from either state would take days and crossing mountain ranges.

You don't say where you are, I assume WA, OR or ID.
I live in Miami and I see plates from every state except Hawaii regularly. Once, I even saw a car with a Guam plate.

But no one I know is fleeing FL.

For the last couple years I've been seeing a lot of license plates from Texas and Florida in my state. I see them everyday.

When it first started I didn't think much about it beyond the person was a long way from home. That was a couple years ago. Now, after all this time, I don't think these people are just traveling. If they were, they would be here in the summer. Not the winter. It's cold and rainy here in the winter.

LOL I see a lot of companies leaving California for Texas, what is up with that?

You don't say where you are, I assume WA, OR or ID.
I live in Miami and I see plates from every state except Hawaii regularly. Once, I even saw a car with a Guam plate.

But no one I know is fleeing FL.

I used to go to Florida a lot. I love the Keys. I haven't been there since the early 2000s.

It's very normal in Florida to see license plates from all over the nation all year around.

That's not normal here, especially in the winter. It's normal to see plates from neighboring states here. Florida and Texas are thousands of miles from here.

It's normal to see license plates from all over the nation in our National Parks in the summer but not in the winter. Most of the National Parks are closed in the winter here.

I was born and raised here. I've never seen plates from Texas and Florida here like this before. Especially in the winter.

I'm not sure what's going on. I've talked about this with friends here and they have said the same thing. They keep seeing license plates from Texas and Florida too. So it's not just me noticing this. In fact, it was a friend who brought it up to me. I had not really thought about it until then. I don't normally notice license plates.

Werbung:

I suspect people must do a lot of traveling in America, unlike most nations in the world with less wealth and freedom.

Back