What's YOUR take on John Adams' statement that the U.S. Constitution was only adequate to govern "a moral and religious People"?

Werbung:
I do not trust god fearing people any more than an atheist. In some ways less.

Name a religious organization of any size in this country that promotes freedom.
You have wounded your reputation with that reply considering that Adams created the only Constitution on Earth which had the express purpose of protecting the people's freedom.

You get the last word before I place you on ignore.

You have wounded your reputation with that reply considering that Adams created the only Constitution on Earth which had the express purpose of protecting the people's freedom.

Stop acting like a libtard with the threat of ignore. If you cannot handle people disagreeing with you than do not participate in these types of forums.

John Adams did not write our constitution he was in London in 1787. He was influential of course and the Massachusetts constitution was a big influence on the convention and he was involved in that. Why are you acting like our constitution was created uniquely by him?

Daddy talks about the greatness of our constitution but does not quote our constitution. He uses a John Adams quote. Adams' opinions are not law the constitution is.

You conservatives claim to be for freedom and small government but there are more holes in your arguments than a piece of Swiss cheese.

Claiming that people need to believe the way you believe or need to be moral based on your definition.

Claiming that we can and should treat people negatively based on their religion(Islam). Daddy started a thread on that premise!

Supporting the war on drugs.

Supporting the military industrial complex and idiot wasteful wars like Iraq.

Supporting the police as almost infallible when over aggressive policing and oppressive policing is a major problem in this country!

Stop acting like a libtard with the threat of ignore. If you cannot handle people disagreeing with you than do not participate in these types of forums.

John Adams did not write our constitution he was in London in 1787. He was influential of course and the Massachusetts constitution was a big influence on the convention and he was involved in that. Why are you acting like our constitution was created uniquely by him?

You have wounded your reputation with that reply considering that CHRISTIANS created the only Constitution on Earth which had the express purpose of protecting the people's freedom.

The Constitution in ,my humble opinion is only as good as the people who defend it. Many democrats clearly have spoken out against it .

They have attacked the right to free speech and the right to bear arms openly.

also Articles of Confederation made sure states have more power and the federal government was limited in power which is not being enforced as it should the federal government has become way to powerful and that is the first steps to radicals having control over us . I am a firm believer in state rights . Like when the courts made abortion a state issue which I agree with it should be up to each state to make its laws. Not the feds . That is under attack in America .

Articles of Confederation​

Main article: Articles of Confederation

The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was the first constitution of the United States.[14] It was drafted by the Second Continental Congress from mid-1776 through late 1777, and ratification by all 13 states was completed by early 1781. The Articles of Confederation gave little power to the central government. The Confederation Congress could make decisions but lacked enforcement powers. Implementation of most decisions, including modifications to the Articles, required unanimous approval of all 13 state legislatures.

The Constitution in ,my humble opinion is only as good as the people who defend it. Many democrats clearly have spoken out against it .

They have attacked the right to free speech and the right to bear arms openly.

also Articles of Confederation made sure states have more power and the federal government was limited in power which is not being enforced as it should the federal government has become way to powerful and that is the first steps to radicals having control over us . I am a firm believer in state rights . Like when the courts made abortion a state issue which I agree with it should be up to each state to make its laws. Not the feds . That is under attack in America .

Articles of Confederation​

Main article: Articles of Confederation

The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was the first constitution of the United States.[14] It was drafted by the Second Continental Congress from mid-1776 through late 1777, and ratification by all 13 states was completed by early 1781. The Articles of Confederation gave little power to the central government. The Confederation Congress could make decisions but lacked enforcement powers. Implementation of most decisions, including modifications to the Articles, required unanimous approval of all 13 state legislatures.
I do not trust god fearing people any more than an atheist. In some ways less.

Name a religious organization of any size in this country that promotes freedom
Religious organizations shouldn't get involved in politics except in response to urgent and/or existential threats.

Muslims, for example, believe that politics are perfectly appropriate to advance religious goals.

Most Muslim radicals about 15 or so percent of Muslims also think its ok to lie to non-Muslims . I have muslin friend's a entire family's worth from Syria and a friend from Libya and a few Saudis . The girls from Syria are very open to American life and culture but retain their ethnic culture to a degree they are very liberal for Muslims . The gut from Libya is a bit more strict but loves American culture especially Texas and hes getting less and less strict as hes here longer .
the Saudis are all more strict but as they say there no one here to see what you do so if no one saw you do it it didn't happen.
The family from Syria has been very open with me about the good and bad sides of their religion's different beliefs as Sunnis and Shiites have very different beliefs and customs, I have had Saudis tell me don't let that kid talk to him hes hard line and will tell him to lie . So I have seen both the good and bad of Muslim religions as I have with other religions and even the different sides of those who do not believe .
Some like Boris attack relgion and hate it while others say I do not believe but you do as you please its your choice .

You have wounded your reputation with that reply considering that CHRISTIANS created the only Constitution on Earth which had the express purpose of protecting the people's freedom.

They were not all Christians.

You asked in the OP what people thought of the quote from John Adams. It is the opinion of one man, John Adams. It is not law and it is not the universal opinion of our nation. You prove by your own posts what is wrong with that thinking. You come across as intolerant and authoritarian.

I asked this question and would like anybody to answer.

Name a religious organization of any size in this country that promotes freedom

Certainly not the Catholic church it is an exclusive dictatorship. The so called bible churches? Get real.

Religion by it's nature is authoritarian and more obsessed with telling you what not to do than what you can.

Religious organizations shouldn't get involved in politics except in response to urgent and/or existential threats.

Muslims, for example, believe that politics are perfectly appropriate to advance religious goals.

This post is a lie because the author is exactly what he claims Muslims are. This entire thread is about advancing a religion over others and applying that to politics. .

This post is a lie because the author is exactly what he claims Muslims are. This entire thread is about advancing a religion over others and applying that to politics. .
You are defending the innocent looking porcupine.

But the porcupine is a potential threat to everyone because of what porcupines MUST do.

Even though not all porcupines might imbed their sharp pointy quills in innocents, ENOUGH porcupines do what porcupines do in order to perceive a porcupine community as a threat.

And porcupines are relatively peaceful characters compared to jihadis.

Werbung:
Most Muslim radicals about 15 or so percent of Muslims also think its ok to lie to non-Muslims . I have muslin friend's a entire family's worth from Syria and a friend from Libya and a few Saudis . The girls from Syria are very open to American life and culture but retain their ethnic culture to a degree they are very liberal for Muslims . The gut from Libya is a bit more strict but loves American culture especially Texas and hes getting less and less strict as hes here longer .
the Saudis are all more strict but as they say there no one here to see what you do so if no one saw you do it it didn't happen.
The family from Syria has been very open with me about the good and bad sides of their religion's different beliefs as Sunnis and Shiites have very different beliefs and customs, I have had Saudis tell me don't let that kid talk to him hes hard line and will tell him to lie . So I have seen both the good and bad of Muslim religions as I have with other religions and even the different sides of those who do not believe .
Some like Boris attack relgion and hate it while others say I do not believe but you do as you please its your choice .
Of course most people will only do what they feel like doing.

But if a Muslim ran for POTUS, what % of all the Muslim voters would NOT vote for the Muslim candidate?

My uninformed guess is that only 5% - 10% would not vote for a Muslim POTUS candidate running against a Christian candidate.

If it was a Jewish opponent, my guess is that 98% of all Muslim voters would vote for the Islamic candidate.

And then, in addition to Israel becoming a focus of jihadist violence, we would have set the stage for jihadist violence to become a regular occurrence in America.

Back