Which state law is this?

PLC1

Staff member
Try to guess, then click on the link to find out.

Hint: It isn't Arizona.

section 834b
(a) Every law enforcement agency in (deleted) shall fully
cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization
Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is
suspected of being present in the United States in violation of
federal immigration laws.
(b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected
of being present in the United States in violation of federal
immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the
following:
(1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen
of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent
resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time
or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of
immigration laws. The verification process may include, but shall not
be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and
place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding
documentation to indicate his or her legal status.

Link to penal code

Werbung:
Try to guess, then click on the link to find out.

Hint: It isn't Arizona.

Link to penal code

I couldn't get the link to work it was just a blank page, but I'm gonna guess New Mexico, or California. I only guess those because they are about the only two southern border states we haven't heard anything about revising or changing their laws.

That one is blank now as well. I'm starting to think someone doesn't want this to be seen or read. Which state is it?

Now, that's just weird. I google the law, find it, and click on the link, and it comes right up. I post it, wait a few minutes and poof! no more link, just a blank page.

Oh well, it's California. The point was that California's immigration law isn't much different from that of Arizona.

How about that!

Now, that's just weird. I google the law, find it, and click on the link, and it comes right up. I post it, wait a few minutes and poof! no more link, just a blank page.

Oh well, it's California. The point was that California's immigration law isn't much different from that of Arizona.

How about that!

They just do not enforce it :)

It figures

How about that!

Not sure that I trust google

They just do not enforce it :)

It figures

Not only don't they enforce it, they seem to be unaware of it, and yes, that does figure.

I use the term "google" as a verb meaning to look something up on the internet. Actually, I'm using Yahoo.

I'm not sure what the difference really is anyway.

Not only don't they enforce it, they seem to be unaware of it, and yes, that does figure.

I use the term "google" as a verb meaning to look something up on the internet. Actually, I'm using Yahoo.

I'm not sure what the difference really is anyway.

I am not sure what the difference is either except that each has control over what you see.

During the Bush presidency Google (being cute) configured the search engines to display as the first thing found when looking for WMD's to be their ad saying something smart ass about the Bush Administration. If they have and use that kind of power to control what you see or dont see that makes me not trust them. They also suppressed a few things negative related to obama.

I never hear that kind of thing about ask, yahoo or the other search engine sites.

This whole AZ thing is mind boggling. People here illegally should not be and all Americans should want to fix the problem. I am dumbfounded that the law makers (far more so than the people they serve) are against the idea of enforcing our laws and protecting our borders.

I am not sure what the difference is either except that each has control over what you see.

During the Bush presidency Google (being cute) configured the search engines to display as the first thing found when looking for WMD's to be their ad saying something smart ass about the Bush Administration. If they have and use that kind of power to control what you see or dont see that makes me not trust them. They also suppressed a few things negative related to obama.

I never hear that kind of thing about ask, yahoo or the other search engine sites.

This whole AZ thing is mind boggling. People here illegally should not be and all Americans should want to fix the problem. I am dumbfounded that the law makers (far more so than the people they serve) are against the idea of enforcing our laws and protecting our borders.

Possible reasons:
They are out of touch with their constituency,
Their donors like the cheap labor,
They are afraid of being seen as anti Latino,
any or all of the above.

Possible reasons:
They are out of touch with their constituency,
Their donors like the cheap labor,
They are afraid of being seen as anti Latino,
any or all of the above.

I guess it could be all the above but I dont know about this cheap labor part. I asked you once in another thread to tell me what big companies hire illegals. I know of many small businesses that do and most of those seem to lean more towards enforcing immigration laws. But I know of no big companies who are known for hiring illegals.

I guess it could be all the above but I dont know about this cheap labor part. I asked you once in another thread to tell me what big companies hire illegals. I know of many small businesses that do and most of those seem to lean more towards enforcing immigration laws. But I know of no big companies who are known for hiring illegals.

I'm not sure how big is big. Those "family farmers" that we hear about so much in the valley are really farming thousands of acres and operate as a corporation. They hire illegals, no doubt. The giant corporations like Standard Oil, or Ford Motor Company may not.

If cheap labor is not part of the reason, why hasn't the government addressed this problem? We've had nothing but a couple of amnesty proposals since the Eisenhower administration.

I'm not sure how big is big. Those "family farmers" that we hear about so much in the valley are really farming thousands of acres and operate as a corporation. They hire illegals, no doubt. The giant corporations like Standard Oil, or Ford Motor Company may not.

If cheap labor is not part of the reason, why hasn't the government addressed this problem? We've had nothing but a couple of amnesty proposals since the Eisenhower administration.

I do not know why, I am baffled by it. I think there are some who use cheap labor in government. Cheap illegal nanny's and housekeepers for government officials come to mind.

We have enough rules in place and bring in enough legal migrant workers to cover picking fruit and veggies exc. House construction is the big place I see tons of illegals. Those are jobs Americans will do but again those are not big companies. So I don't know...

Werbung:
I do not know why, I am baffled by it. I think there are some who use cheap labor in government. Cheap illegal nanny's and housekeepers for government officials come to mind.

We have enough rules in place and bring in enough legal migrant workers to cover picking fruit and veggies exc. House construction is the big place I see tons of illegals. Those are jobs Americans will do but again those are not big companies. So I don't know...

there are quite a lot of them, and willing to work cheaply. Illegal nannies of government officials could be one factor. Illegal nannies of donors to political campaigns could be another.

Home construction used to be a big business, and maybe will be again, who knows?

Back