Virginia AG: Virginia will enforce immigration laws

Maybe the states stepping up and enforcing the law themselves will finally get Washington to do what it is supposed to have been doing all this time.

Whatever happened to the command in that antiquated document, that "[The President] shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed"?

As you pointed out, this has not been done for many administrations now.

Short of impeachment, is there any way we can get the President to obey the Constitution?

Current immigration laws are perfectly adequate. But they are not being enforced... and that is resulting in the situation we have now.

Having states enforce the Feds' laws, seems to be the mildest thing we can do. People's efforts will get rougher... but it's good they are starting here... for now.

Werbung:
Its times like these that help me forget the embarrassment of Jim Webb and Tim Kaine. A little. Good boy Ken ! First putting te smackdown on the DoJ with the obamacare suit moving forward and now this !

I think I know who'll be governor next....

I think its funny, how some cry impeachment, unconstitutional, all that crap...Yet when its shown that the law itself may in fact be the one that not constitutional, they say little. They scream how Obama is so bad...yet seem to have cared not nearly so much when Republicans where in power and did ...nothing at all...Or forget there little hero, Ronny Reagan , his policy would have him thrown out of the party today and they would scream for his impeachment ( aside from the fact that as a republican they would just shut up say little but maybe grumble and carry on)

when its shown that the law itself may in fact be the one that not constitutional,
Who did that? You made up some silly tripe about the 14th saying so, when it said nothing of the kind. Just as you made up "evidence" that Al Gore hadd been "cleared".

they say little.
I'd guess most people have given up trying to explain the truth to a functional illiterate who has demonstrated he can neither read nor understand the Constitution, and who has been caught repeatedly making up falsehoods to try to justify his chronic opposition to anything he wishes weren't so.

Let's all quit pretending that were experts on the Constitution because no one on this thread is even remotely an expert hell even the founder fathers were no experts on the constitution and they wrote the damn thing.

That is good news. I hope more states stand up to this administration. If obama gets the ok to keep states from deporting them back to mexico, I wonder if we can deport them to San Fran's sanctuary city

I think we should send them all to Lady Gaga's house....

Yet when its shown that the law itself may in fact be the one that not constitutional, they say little.

Not true. We are up in arms about Obam-ba and his health care LAW. Can you explain how the government has the CONSTITUTIONAL right to force such a law on the people of this country?

You certainly have a pick and choose approach to law and the power of the government in this country.

Rush had an interesting analogy on the Clinton judge's ruling the other day. I paraphrase...

If the states are not allowed to impose Federal law on their citizens, meaning only Federal agencies can impose Federal law. Then, the state trooper who stopped and arrested Tim McVeigh (initially for a broken tail light) for suspicion of blowing up the building was acting illegally. Only a federal agency could arrest McVeigh since he committed a federal crime.

Makes sense right?

Not true. We are up in arms about Obam-ba and his health care LAW. Can you explain how the government has the CONSTITUTIONAL right to force such a law on the people of this country?

You certainly have a pick and choose approach to law and the power of the government in this country.

becuse it says you have to have it? well they also say you have to pay for Social Security, Medicare, and other things as well..the courts have ruled many times I am sure over time that they are constitutional...you may interrupt it different, but the courts don't agree and they over rule your ideas. The General welfare clause would be the reason given I am sure...again you may not agree...but like the 2nd that talks about militias...there is more then just one way to read it and deifine it...these days though its seems the republican party has decided that it alone gets to decide how to interrupt the constitution.

do you suggest that the constituion does not give the Federal goverment the power of seting out immigration laws? DO you think its a state issue? if not...then what is your point?

I have yet to see anyone actuly say that states should be able to set there own immigration laws.. I guess its becuse they know hurts there AZ case as no one wants 50 different immigration laws for the states.

In the state of Oregon it is a law that every person over the age of 18 must carry legal photo ID or a drivers license. For what ever reason the law does not apply to illegals. Right before school got out the secretary at my work was hit by an illegal. The person did not have a legal drivers license or insurance and when the secretary called the police they said we can not do anything and for her to call her insurance company who said they can not do anything but pay to get the car fixed.

Had it been the secretary who was not legally driving or have insurance or proof of who she was the police would have been right out to fine her, Its strange!

d
o you suggest that the constituion does not give the Federal goverment the power of seting out immigration laws? DO you think its a state issue? if not...then what is your point?

I suggest that there IS CONSTITUTIONAL LAW in place for coming into this country. The federal government is guilty of not enforcing the Constitutional law of this land which provides for the protection of Americans. Their power does not include affording these rights to those who defy Constitutional law. If the feds don't do their job according to the Constitution, then it is the state's right and the citizens right according to the Declaration of Independence to do something about it.

...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness...

The Federal government does NOT have the right by any document to give rights designed for AMERICANS to anyone who is not an American by birth or legal naturalization.

Let me ask you this: Do you think that Mexicans in this country who are up in arms about this and making it about race are good Americans? this is a LEGAL issue.

Werbung:
In the state of Oregon it is a law that every person over the age of 18 must carry legal photo ID or a drivers license. For what ever reason the law does not apply to illegals. Right before school got out the secretary at my work was hit by an illegal. The person did not have a legal drivers license or insurance and when the secretary called the police they said we can not do anything and for her to call her insurance company who said they can not do anything but pay to get the car fixed.

Had it been the secretary who was not legally driving or have insurance or proof of who she was the police would have been right out to fine her, Its strange!

What a great example of insanity! How is it that trespassers have more rights than people who belong here? I'd be willing to bet that such a policy doesn't represent the will of the people of Oregon. It wouldn't even represent the will of the people of California.

Well, San Francisco, maybe.

Back