White House (Medicare proposal isn't to save money!) Well duh.

Werbung:
You know... I always think back to all the complete idiots who suggested that Bush was a fool without really have a reason to come to that conclusion

Reason#1:

Arbusto, an oil exploration company, lost money, but it got considerable investments (nearly $5 million) because even losing oil investments were useful as tax shelters.

Reason#2:

Spectrum 7 Energy Corp. bought out Arbusto in 1984 and hired Mr. Bush to run the company's oil interests in Midland, Texas. The oil business collapsed as oil prices plummeted by 1986, and Spectrum 7 Energy was near failure.

Reason#3:

# Harken Energy acquired Mr. Bush's Spectrum 7 Energy shares, and he got Harken shares, a directorship, and a consulting arrangement in return. Harken, under Bush, brought in Saudi real estate tycoon Sheikh Abdullah Bakhsh as a board member and a major investor. Over the next few years, Harken would turn out to have links to: Saudi money, CIA-connected Filipinos, the Harvard Endowment, the emir of Bahrain, and the shadowy Bank of Credit and Commerce International.

* A 1991 internal SEC document suggested George W. Bush violated federal securities law at least 4 times in the late 1980s and early 1990s in selling Harken stock while serving as a director of Harken. This is essentially the same kind of activity that Martha Stewart is going to prison over. Except at the time of the investigation, Mr. Bush's father was president and the case was quietly dropped.

Reason#4

....The sign -- erected in 2006 by the Bush administration and billed as a way to circumvent censorship and, the administration said, offer hope and freedom to Cubans oppressed by a brutal regime -- fueled a propaganda war with Fidel Castro, who referred to the U.S. interests section as "the headquarters of the counterrevolution."

Suggestions???? More like facts........but we don't expect you to agree, your head is still stuck in the sand.......better yet, that looks like a self portrait that you posted earlier.....

None of these are reasons to think he was stupid, as compared to the idiot we have in office now. Now you could argue they are reasons to not elect him, but none reflect on his intelligence.

The first two are examples of Bush taking a risk. Have you ever opened a business? Let alone an Oil business? The oil industry is brutal to the best business people. I have a higher respect for him trying, than Obama who has been a public leach his entire life.

As for the Harken deal, who knows. You have your theories, others have theirs.

Finely, Fidel Castro is a brutal dictator and needs to be removed. I support anything that is against him. Better than Obama running around bending over for these scummy dictators.

And your solution is a government bureaucrat? AARP might be good at saying "doctors need X", but they are not good at deterimining the long term effects of bad legislation controlling the health care industry.

It's funny because the Canadian Medical Assocation is horribly against the US having government controlled care because then they won't have any place to send patients for help when their system can't help, which is constantly.

It doesn't matter. Have you read about Medicare's history? It was never supposed to cost $60 Trillion. Yet they plan to cut benefits even as we speak.

Have you read Social Securities history? It was never supposed to cost more than 1% of a persons wages. Now it costs 14% and they have cut benefits every year.

The same can be repeated throughout all government programs since the dawn of time. It always costs way more than is planned, and always under-delivers on it's promises. You can look at the post office, the Housing and Urban development department, the FBI, the CIA, and especially the military. The only difference is, we need a military.

Time and time again, the programs cost tons more, and result in far less. So why should I wait to see what the cost estimates are? They are always underestimated. Why should I wait to see what benefits the plans have? They are always overestimated.

It's amazing that on this very forum we document government lies every week, in the millions, yet here you want to wait and see what they say? Why? Its never true!

There's a lot of smoke & mirrors in that post but I'm not really taking a lot of time to go line by line and pick it apart. I will quickly address a couple comments. One: Canada has nothing to do with our healthcare decisions... that actually another country. Secondly: Social Security the numbers in & out changed and will change again after the baby boomers get through the system and would have been fine and solvent as it grew if because the money WAS always there it hadn't been raided several times by politicians wanting to use it somewhere else.

But I'm in a... Let's all work together to get something done mood today because...

Just in the paper today they're very close to a bipartisan agreement in the committees.

This options looks to tax extremely high insurance policies, create a commission who's job it will be to find ways to lower healthcare costs, bar any company from denying coverage and disallow insurers from charging higher premiums for pre-existing conditions.

Compromises that even without a government option would greatly open up the ability for all to afford healthcare. The Chamber of Commerce (a normally close ally of Republicans) and PhRMA which represents drug companies both have endorsed this compromise.

So we're making progress at doing something and not just saying nothing can ever be done. That's a CHANGE for the better!:)

There's a lot of smoke & mirrors in that post but I'm not really taking a lot of time to go line by line and pick it apart. I will quickly address a couple comments. One: Canada has nothing to do with our healthcare decisions... that actually another country. Secondly: Social Security the numbers in & out changed and will change again after the baby boomers get through the system and would have been fine and solvent as it grew if because the money WAS always there it hadn't been raided several times by politicians wanting to use it somewhere else.

But I'm in a... Let's all work together to get something done mood today because...

Just in the paper today they're very close to a bipartisan agreement in the committees.

This options looks to tax extremely high insurance policies, create a commission who's job it will be to find ways to lower healthcare costs, bar any company from denying coverage and disallow insurers from charging higher premiums for pre-existing conditions.

Compromises that even without a government option would greatly open up the ability for all to afford healthcare. The Chamber of Commerce (a normally close ally of Republicans) and PhRMA which represents drug companies both have endorsed this compromise.

So we're making progress at doing something and not just saying nothing can ever be done. That's a CHANGE for the better!:)

Forgot to mention another part of the compromise plan. There would also be Co-Ops set up using private insurance to be able to offer a range of lower cost plans that would be affordable and that too would allow more people to be covered.

We've got movement...:)

Yes because its so very funny to be personally attacked by someone.

Its the big reason I bother to come to the HOP

BIB said: I wasn't thrilled with the crass pic, but your replies are stupid.

Then where was your: indigent/overly zealous/knee JERK reaction to this picture...why do you so selectively counter attack some posters and completely ignore the others :confused:

Playing favorites while preaching your desire to 'NOT' become a 'MEAN SPIRITED', hateful poster...just screams of a biased/selective desire to 'CONTROL' the people with whom you deem necessary to be part of this community!

While you state that my replies are 'STUPID'...you have within your arsenal of posts equally 'STUPID' posts too and yet you just keep posting...hmmm!!! :rolleyes:

And your solution is a government bureaucrat? AARP might be good at saying "doctors need X", but they are not good at deterimining the long term effects of bad legislation controlling the health care industry.

It's funny because the Canadian Medical Assocation is horribly against the US having government controlled care because then they won't have any place to send patients for help when their system can't help, which is constantly.
Lemme guess....that's what "They say...", right?

:rolleyes:

Reason#1:

Arbusto, an oil exploration company, lost money, but it got considerable investments (nearly $5 million) because even losing oil investments were useful as tax shelters.

Reason#2:

Spectrum 7 Energy Corp. bought out Arbusto in 1984 and hired Mr. Bush to run the company's oil interests in Midland, Texas. The oil business collapsed as oil prices plummeted by 1986, and Spectrum 7 Energy was near failure.

Reason#3:

# Harken Energy acquired Mr. Bush's Spectrum 7 Energy shares, and he got Harken shares, a directorship, and a consulting arrangement in return. Harken, under Bush, brought in Saudi real estate tycoon Sheikh Abdullah Bakhsh as a board member and a major investor. Over the next few years, Harken would turn out to have links to: Saudi money, CIA-connected Filipinos, the Harvard Endowment, the emir of Bahrain, and the shadowy Bank of Credit and Commerce International.

* A 1991 internal SEC document suggested George W. Bush violated federal securities law at least 4 times in the late 1980s and early 1990s in selling Harken stock while serving as a director of Harken. This is essentially the same kind of activity that Martha Stewart is going to prison over. Except at the time of the investigation, Mr. Bush's father was president and the case was quietly dropped.

Reason#4

....The sign -- erected in 2006 by the Bush administration and billed as a way to circumvent censorship and, the administration said, offer hope and freedom to Cubans oppressed by a brutal regime -- fueled a propaganda war with Fidel Castro, who referred to the U.S. interests section as "the headquarters of the counterrevolution."

Suggestions???? More like facts........but we don't expect you to agree, your head is still stuck in the sand.......better yet, that looks like a self portrait that you posted earlier.....

Looks like someone needs an update.....

;)

Then where was your: indigent/overly zealous/knee JERK reaction to this picture...why do you so selectively counter attack some posters and completely ignore the others :confused:

Playing favorites while preaching your desire to 'NOT' become a 'MEAN SPIRITED', hateful poster...just screams of a biased/selective desire to 'CONTROL' the people with whom you deem necessary to be part of this community!

While you state that my replies are 'STUPID'...you have within your arsenal of posts equally 'STUPID' posts too and yet you just keep posting...hmmm!!! :rolleyes:

I have not attacked anyone. You are the one who has attacked everyone not in agreement with you.

And I never said your replies were stupid, you made up a quote again.

and the sad part is you will keep getting away with it.

None of these are reasons to think he was stupid, as compared to the idiot we have in office now. Now you could argue they are reasons to not elect him, but none reflect on his intelligence.

No of course not. Bush was BRILLIANT!:D

Pay no attention to this it must all be photoshopped.

Werbung:
Just the opposite....if people prefer a government-managed/not-for-profit health-care plan...it's Republicans who want "control over their own money ".

Try to catch-up, there, Lil' Andy....

:rolleyes:

Well I have to say I agree with your statement that "government managed" can be interchanged with "not for profit." They are more or less the same.

That said, Shaman, since you apparently do not want control over your own money, please send all of it to me and I will control it for you. In your best interest of course.

Back