Who agrees with Europe´s choice to ban the death penalty?

Do you accept it?

• I do; we eliminate the ones who would destroy our own lives

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No; killing is wrong. We cannot stoop to the level of the murderer..

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No comment.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Damn Liberals!!! Liberalism is whats wrong with the World why its gonna end in 2012! Cause GOD had enough of Human insanity!

Werbung:
Damn Liberals!!! Liberalism is whats wrong with the World why its gonna end in 2012! Cause GOD had enough of Human insanity!

If the Aztec God doesn't bring about the end of the world in 2012, are you going to quit ranting about "liberals"?

There is a right of self defense. What the death penalty is, is the government trying to defend its citizens.
However, there are many problems with the American system. There innocent people being sentenced to death. The fact that our system is more of a lottery than an actual certainty of death, thus virtually eliminates any deterrent value. The fact that poor, black are more likely to be actually executed. Etc., etc.

The right to self deference applies when you have no other logical option...a guy in jail for life is not a threat to you is he?

And as for a lotto...that implies its luck when like you said...income and race play a large role in who gets the death penalty...

Also I don't find that even if we have it for 100% it would be a deterent...as most of the time it is out or rage and or passion...or they go into it thinking they will not be caught. I don't some guy is thinking, lets go do a drive bye...I mean come on 20 years in jail is not so bad right? No they don't think they will ever be found out...

I Favor 3 punishments.

1. Firing Squad
2. Gas Chamber
3. Electric Chair

Let the killers feel painful death the same their victims have.

I don't think any of those methods were mentioned in the Bible, were they?

Probably stoning and crucifixion are pretty painful as well.

I Favor 3 punishments.

1. Firing Squad
2. Gas Chamber
3. Electric Chair

Let the killers feel painful death the same their victims have.
Including those who have latter been found innocent by DNA? Many people who are questioned for hours on end, confess to things they have never done. So much so, it has become almost an arch-typical situation where after confessing an being convicted, spending years in prison, it is proven beyond any doubt by DNA that they could not have done the crime.

I stand corrected. If the Mayan god doesn't end the world in '12, will Steveox quit ranting about "liberals"?
Expect him to stop ranting about liberals when the gipper does...which will be no time soon.:rolleyes:

Including those who have latter been found innocent by DNA? Many people who are questioned for hours on end, confess to things they have never done. So much so, it has become almost an arch-typical situation where after confessing an being convicted, spending years in prison, it is proven beyond any doubt by DNA that they could not have done the crime.

So how many people sitting on death row have been found innocent after DNA evidence exonerated them? What is the percentage?

What should happen to murderers who were convicted based on DNA evidence?

I would like to turn executions into a spectator sport, and use one method of execution.........death by hanging.

Make hangings into a spectator sport. Charge people admission to watch the hangings, with all proceeds going to the families of the victim(s).

I bet the murder rates would go down, across the board.

Hitler was never wrong when he executed somebody. You cant prove youre not a jew when your last name happens to be goldstein.

Our law system is far from perfect. Most people who favor the death penalty or severe punishment have never been through the system or even seen it in action, except on TV. Our system of laws are predicated on the individual, we are a nation of minorities (meaning a disparate set of groups, not necessarily races), and the rights of the minority are the rights of the majority. If one person is put to death unjustly,ie. innocent, then the rights of all of us have been violated. DNA has proven many innocent and unjustly imprisoned, and have been release. What if one were your brother or father, how would you feel? The death penalty should be given only as a choice given to the convicted as a choice between that and a lifetime of hard labor paying back to the victim(s).

Werbung:
So how many people sitting on death row have been found innocent after DNA evidence exonerated them? What is the percentage?

What should happen to murderers who were convicted based on DNA evidence?

I would like to turn executions into a spectator sport, and use one method of execution.........death by hanging.

Make hangings into a spectator sport. Charge people admission to watch the hangings, with all proceeds going to the families of the victim(s).

I bet the murder rates would go down, across the board.

The chances of executing the wrong person is probably zero or very close to zero TODAY.

Here is a website that claims 10 innocent men were give the DP. Of course. the site does not prove their innocence. And, some of the cases go back years before the new forensic technics were implemented.

http://www.criminaljusticedegreesguide.com/features/10-infamous-cases-of-wrongful-execution.html

execyear.jpg

Back