Why is it ok for Elizabeth Warren to make a comment about Native Americans But Republicans cant?

Werbung:
Very good points made in this column, though I suspect libs and leftists would disagree.

I think all of us who are ADULTS can agree that Warren claiming she needs special preferences because she is Native American, is absolutely idiotic...but that's Liberalism for you.

Let’s assume the 1894 document is accurate. That makes Warren one-32nd Native American. George Zimmerman, the Florida accused murderer, had a black grandmother. That makes him a quarter black, four times as black as Warren is Indian, though The New York Times [NYT] describes him as a “white Hispanic.”
Capehart writes, “The implication in these stories is that Warren used minority status to advance her career.”
Well, yes. When she was hired, Harvard Law had just denied tenure to a woman and was being criticized for not having enough minorities and females on its faculty.
Of course, Harvard and Warren say her claim to minority status had nothing to do with her being hired. And if it did, no one is going to say so. Nothing to see here; just move on.
The important thing is the Warren story illustrates the rottenness of our system of racial quotas and preferences. Although the people in charge of administering them deny this, just about everyone knows that you’re more likely to be hired and promoted if you have checked one of the non-Asian minority boxes: black, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander.
Not surprisingly, some people, perhaps including Warren, game this system.
The original justification was that this would overcome the disadvantages that blacks endured during decades of slavery and segregation. Those disadvantages were real, and most Americans wanted to be fair.
But the extension of minority status to other groups and the perpetuation of racial preferences for nearly half a century since the abolition of legal segregation mean that there is increasingly little correlation between membership in the favored categories and genuine disadvantage.
An alternative is to ditch racial quotas and preferences altogether. Retiring Democratic Sen. Jim Webb has made a proposal for something like this.
The strongest argument for this is not that some whites (and Asians) get passed over; these individuals will probably do fine nonetheless. The strongest argument against the system is that it casts a pall of illegitimacy over the genuine achievements of the intended beneficiaries.
In the meantime, what may undermine racial quotas and preferences most effectively is ridicule. For isn’t the idea that the blond, blue-eyed Elizabeth Warren suffered some terrible disadvantage and is in need of special preference because she is one-32nd Cherokee just laugh-out-loud funny?

We are born into this world with nothing more than our heritage. It is said that one can never completely escape one’s heritage - though some have tried, and a few have come close to succeeding. Everyone is the product of their heritage - everyone has parents, and grandparents and their progenitors before them - and, for better or worse, one can no more deny their heritage than they can their own existence. Still, people who are excessively proud of their ancestors generally don’t have anything to be proud of themselves; while those who are unwilling to admit their ancestry are usually unable to learn anything from the past.

The point is when Republicans do it,,The Media will go berzerk. But when Liberals get a lil racist they hush hush about it.

people who are excessively proud of their ancestors generally don’t have anything to be proud of themselves; while those who are unwilling to admit their ancestry are usually unable to learn anything from the past.

I find studying genealogy to be a fun hobby. Besides just finding your ancestors, it's also a great way to study history. When you can put a member of your family in a specific place and time, you make that history your own, and you can appreciate even more just how lucky we are to be here, and to appreciate how just how hard life was. If people today had to live like they did 200 years ago, I seriously doubt they would be able to survive.

I have a Scottish ancestor that came here for the French/Indian war. Afterwards he stayed in NY and started a family. When the Revolution started, he was a Tory/Loyalist. After the war he had to relocate to Canada, but his son returned after the war of 1812. I can't tell you how much reading I did around that time frame. It's better than reading a fictional classic novel, because it was real, it was my ancestor's life and experience.

I think everyone should do their family trees.

I find studying genealogy to be a fun hobby. Besides just finding your ancestors, it's also a great way to study history. When you can put a member of your family in a specific place and time, you make that history your own, and you can appreciate even more just how lucky we are to be here, and to appreciate how just how hard life was. If people today had to live like they did 200 years ago, I seriously doubt they would be able to survive.

I have a Scottish ancestor that came here for the French/Indian war. Afterwards he stayed in NY and started a family. When the Revolution started, he was a Tory/Loyalist. After the war he had to relocate to Canada, but his son returned after the war of 1812. I can't tell you how much reading I did around that time frame. It's better than reading a fictional classic novel, because it was real, it was my ancestor's life and experience.

I think everyone should do their family trees.

its a lot of fun. my mom's side came from Scotlnd (via Belfast) as indentured servants landed in Barbados and wound up settling in Delaware. Dad had a shell shocked uncle (WW I). Other than that we seem manily to be the picture of ordinary. Darn right about life back in the day.

And here I thought you libs were tolerant of dissenting opinions....NOT!!!

Saying you are Native American and stating it on applications to get ahead in life...are very two different things. And since we know libs believe in their radical motto, 'the ends justify the means,' it is easy to conclude she made it all up to get ahead.

Hey....maybe I am Native American....my ancestors came to America a long time ago. I have a big nose....hence I am Native American....ah!

Can you imagine if a conservative made such an absurd claim, what the lib media and libs everywhere would say? Pockets would be screaming like a freak....but since a radical lib is the culprit...all good!

edited for content
Grrrr

all natives don't have a big nose, I dont have a big nose

uh oh

looks like not only is the Cherokee relationship bogus but the family was part of the militia who rounded up Cherokee to holding camps before heading out on the infamous Trail of Tears. then went to fight in the 2nd Seminole War.

can the wheels come off any harder ?

Werbung:
uh oh

looks like not only is the Cherokee relationship bogus but the family was part of the militia who rounded up Cherokee to holding camps before heading out on the infamous Trail of Tears. then went to fight in the 2nd Seminole War.

can the wheels come off any harder ?

Yes and this too is proof of liberal hypocrisy. The lib media is hardly mentioning her ancestors actions against the Cherokee.

Can you imagine the outcry if she were an R? They would have made it a big story and their disgust with her would be evident in their reporting.

Back