Wisconsin state Republicans now voting on other bills: Voter-ID etc.

Little-Acorn

Looks like Wisconsin Republicans are finally starting to do their job, even if Democrats won't. With Wisconsin state Senate Democrats fleeing the state to disrupt budget votes (which require a quorum), The Republicans are simply moving on to other bills that don't require quorums. They are now voting on a Voter-ID bill that Democrats have long kept buried, until being voted into the minority last November.

It's about time.

Of course, Republicans can now do this any time, whether Dems are present or absent.

I'm curious about language in the article that says they are trying to "lure the Democrats back". Why do they care where the Democrats are or where they go, regarding these other bills? They can pass these things whether Democrats are there or not. Elections have consequences, as Obama pointed out a few years ago. If the Dems decide to come back to Wisconsin, fine. If not, who cares?

Keep running the bills through and voting them into law, Republicans. That's what the people of Wisconsin elected you to do. If the Dems don't want to participate, no big deal - they don't matter.

-------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-try-lure-dems-scheduling-controversial-vote/

Wisconsin Republicans Try to Lure Back Dems by Moving Controversial Voter ID Bill

Published February 22, 2011

AP - Wisconsin Republicans are trying to lure Senate Democrats back to the state capital by moving ahead with a controversial bill that would require voters to show photo ID before casting a ballot.

At the same time, the Democrats are being threatened with recalls and having their paychecks withheld -- efforts that the 14 Senate Democrats say won't deter them in their opposition to the anti-union bill that prompted their flight.

Democrats have fought the voter ID bill for years, arguing it would make it more difficult for minorities and elderly people to vote. But a state Senate committee passed the bill Tuesday over the objection of one Democratic lawmaker who tried to participate by phone. The move was a taunt aimed squarely at the Senate Democrats who fled the capital last week to prevent Republicans from voting on a budget-fix bill that would cut deep into union benefits and rights.

One of those Democrats, Sen. Jon Erpenbach, phoned in to the committee meeting Tuesday. But after the chairwoman, Sen. Mary Lazich, pressed him on where he was and whether he was heading back to Madison, Erpenbach said that was up to Gov. Scott Walker, and in the end, he was not allowed to vote.

The absence of all 14 Democrats effectively halted debate on the budget bill, since Republicans, who have 19 members in the Senate, would need 20 lawmakers present to have a quorum for action on spending measures. But Republicans were able to move to non-spending items, such as the voter ID bill, on Tuesday.

Werbung:
More government ? No, same amount. Nothing additional.

think so? doubt it, they are trying same thing here...hundreds of thousands of $$$ for systems to do all the work, and more bureaucracy to vote...to stop...ummm well ok so no one can point out any problem is actuly happening...but its ok because the groups most likey to be harder to sign up to vote...the older, younger, and legal immigrants....mostly vote Dem...

Under Minnesota law..just do even commit the kind of fraud this is suppose to stop ( I believe in the last few years, this fraud has been found...about zero times...) someone has to register to vote at there own place...get up, go vote...sometimes this can take quite some time of course if busy...then drive to some other polling area...randomly guess someone else's name who is registered to vote there...and then hope that they do have not voted...and that they do not show up to vote...vote, then drive to some other place, and do the same...and in the end get very little votes, at very big risk ...

there are much easier ways to commit fraud is they wanted...early voting is alot easier to do...but those don't lean Dem, so no worries.

Republicans are always worried about finding ways to reduce the amount of voters...even if it means stopping legal ones...sad

think so? doubt it, they are trying same thing here...hundreds of thousands of $$$ for systems to do all the work, and more bureaucracy to vote...to stop...ummm well ok so no one can point out any problem is actuly happening...but its ok because the groups most likey to be harder to sign up to vote...the older, younger, and legal immigrants....mostly vote Dem...

Under Minnesota law..just do even commit the kind of fraud this is suppose to stop ( I believe in the last few years, this fraud has been found...about zero times...) someone has to register to vote at there own place...get up, go vote...sometimes this can take quite some time of course if busy...then drive to some other polling area...randomly guess someone else's name who is registered to vote there...and then hope that they do have not voted...and that they do not show up to vote...vote, then drive to some other place, and do the same...and in the end get very little votes, at very big risk ...

there are much easier ways to commit fraud is they wanted...early voting is alot easier to do...but those don't lean Dem, so no worries.

Republicans are always worried about finding ways to reduce the amount of voters...even if it means stopping legal ones...sad

Show an ID when you appear to vote. How hard is that ?
You can eliminate the voter ID card (cost savings) and since a photo ID is needed here in VA if you dont have a voter ID card, we're half way there.

And this sort of fraud is planned and organized by the busload where its done. With GOP inroads in your areas I suspect SEIU and ACORN will be crankig this up absent this sort of protection.

Show an ID when you appear to vote. How hard is that ?
You can eliminate the voter ID card (cost savings) and since a photo ID is needed here in VA if you dont have a voter ID card, we're half way there.

And this sort of fraud is planned and organized by the busload where its done. With GOP inroads in your areas I suspect SEIU and ACORN will be crankig this up absent this sort of protection.

yes the evil boogy man acorn...when do you plan to join the real world?

http://crooksandliars.com/2008/06/11/97-year-old-arizona-woman-disenfranchised-by-voter-id-law

and as someone who worked a election on a college campus...even with the much more lax rules...it was hard to get students registered to vote do to the extra hoops they had to do to prove they lived in the city/state ( more then half are from out of state but are legal to vote in the election. )

yes the evil boogy man acorn...when do you plan to join the real world?

http://crooksandliars.com/2008/06/11/97-year-old-arizona-woman-disenfranchised-by-voter-id-law

and as someone who worked a election on a college campus...even with the much more lax rules...it was hard to get students registered to vote do to the extra hoops they had to do to prove they lived in the city/state ( more then half are from out of state but are legal to vote in the election. )

I worked a number of elections in Richmond and Petersberg. I saw the seedy underbelly up close and personal. Walk around money, multiple voting the whole nine yards. If those poor students who I fought to get the right to vote are too stupid to sort it out, they do not deserve to vote. They are not at college 365 days a year, regfister when ytou are hoe instead of dtinking and get yourself an absentee ballot. Sheesh.

I worked a number of elections in Richmond and Petersberg. I saw the seedy underbelly up close and personal. Walk around money, multiple voting the whole nine yards. If those poor students who I fought to get the right to vote are too stupid to sort it out, they do not deserve to vote. They are not at college 365 days a year, regfister when ytou are hoe instead of dtinking and get yourself an absentee ballot. Sheesh.

guess what , no one cares if you think they are too stupid to vote..they have a legal right to vote..

more then 50% of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim and not from the US...and you want to talk about too stupid to vote?

In Harris county texas 4000 dead people voted. Multiply that times the number of counties in the whole country and you can see the magnitude of the problem.

Elections have been won and lost on far smaller margins than that.

I voter I id is commonsense and arguments against it are silly.

In Harris county texas 4000 dead people voted. Multiply that times the number of counties in the whole country and you can see the magnitude of the problem.

Elections have been won and lost on far smaller margins than that.

I voter I id is commonsense and arguments against it are silly.

I see what you are saying, and Voter ID is something we need... but the idea that you can simply argue that 4000 dead people voted in Harris county and then multiply that by the number of counties in the country to see the magnitude of the problem is simply wrong.

Harris county is the third most populated county in the country, and is going to have a much larger number for instances such as this.

I see what you are saying, and Voter ID is something we need... but the idea that you can simply argue that 4000 dead people voted in Harris county and then multiply that by the number of counties in the country to see the magnitude of the problem is simply wrong.

Harris county is the third most populated county in the country, and is going to have a much larger number for instances such as this.

No problem. Take the rate in Harris and cut it in half. Then multiply 4000 times all the counties in the United States. The resulting number is still large enough to effect election results - especially at the local level.

We should also note that voting on behalf of dead is only part of the problem. Voting on behalf of other voters who are simply not present also occurs.

Werbung:
Back