Witch hunts in the 21st. Century!

Werbung:
Congo witch-hunt's child victims

We may have come a long way, but ignorance and superstition still rule in many parts of the world.
I watched the report on T.V. What I found interesting is that it (the brutal acts) have been incorporated into the "Christian" churches. Pastors extorting money from people for performing cruel acts upon children. It begs the question: Would the indigenous peoples of undeveloped countries be better off today if they had been left as they had been found (with their own culture and religions), instead of having Christianity and Western culture forced upon them? ...But ignorance and superstition still rule in our parts of the world.

I watched the report on T.V. What I found interesting is that it (the brutal acts) have been incorporated into the "Christian" churches. Pastors extorting money from people for performing cruel acts upon children. It begs the question: Would the indigenous peoples of undeveloped countries be better off today if they had been left as they had been found (with their own culture and religions), instead of having Christianity and Western culture forced upon them? ...But ignorance and superstition still rule in our parts of the world.

Good question. It would be hard to prove, but it seems likely t hat it would have been better to have left the folk religions intact.

What we're seeing is exploitation by people calling themselves "Christian", when in reality what they are is conmen and charlatans. Ignorance and superstition, which does prevail in an appallingly large part of the world, is fertile ground for charlatans pretending to be religious.

Good question. It would be hard to prove, but it seems likely t hat it would have been better to have left the folk religions intact.
And their culture, and their land, and their resources, etc.

What we're seeing is exploitation by people calling themselves "Christian", when in reality what they are is conmen and charlatans. Ignorance and superstition, which does prevail in an appallingly large part of the world, is fertile ground for charlatans pretending to be religious.
I forget...are you talking about the rest of the world, or in the U.S. What comes to mind is what I seen on T.V. each Sunday.

Werbung:
And their culture, and their land, and their resources, etc.

I forget...are you talking about the rest of the world, or in the U.S. What comes to mind is what I seen on T.V. each Sunday.

The US is a part of the rest of the world, after all.

Is there any doubt that religious charlatans are operating in the US also?

I was listening to a Spanish language station not too long ago, just to keep up my ear for the language. A radio preacher was actually getting people to pay him money, over a hundred dollars in some cases, to pray for them.

Priestcraft and superstition happen here, too, and not just among the Spanish speaking population.

Back