Children abused in the name of religion

Sorry, I am more preoccupied with helping the needy children in MY COUNTRY, which is the responsibility of citizens of every country, Including India where this abuse is also rampant, and they consider themselves educated.

Are you suggesting that our tax dollars be spent to help all the people of the world who have no concept of intellect? This is LIFE bud. Do you actually envision a world where all children are happy, well fed and oh yeah, have clean water? NO, There are NO suggestions because that has never, and will never happen with so many people on the planet and limited resources. Unless of course wiping certain stoneage cultures off the planet which you aren't going to change anytime soon, is an option.

I sure wish more Americans worried about how the children here are abused by those who DO have access to everything you seem to want to provide for the rest of the world. I DO have an answer as to what to do with those abusers, and it doesn't involve "rehabilitation".

Ok, let me ask you a few questions.

1) Did you support the war in Iraq?

2) Do you support the war in Afghanistan?

3) I gather that your solution is to do nothing. Is that correct?

4) Are you a Christian?

As for your question above that I highlighted, our tax dollars already are spent all over the globe on aid, to the tune of billions of dollars per year. However, if you look at how much we spend in aid on a GDP basis, we spend much less than many European countries do on aid. In fact, the last time I checked the numbers, which was about a year ago, we are something like 23rd on the list. That's pretty low considering that we are the richest country on the planet, or so we keep telling everyone.

As for your suggestion that we should be spending our money here on our own children who are abused, I agree that we have a problem that needs to be addressed. But that doesn't mean that we can't be charitable and help others as well.

Ok, so we have one who's solution is to do nothing. Anyone else have any bright ideas?

Werbung:
No, not largely due to ignorance, but entirely due to ignorance.

The antidote to ignorance is education.

I agree, but I think there is also a more immediate issue that needs to be addressed - how to protect those who are currently in need of protection.

That's what public school teachers have to do every day
I doubt that's a problem in Nigeria and the slums in India. You are dealing with cultures that are different than yours, and you have decided that it is your job to tell them the errors of their beliefs? Hope that works for.....anybody.

I doubt that's a problem in Nigeria and the slums in India. You are dealing with cultures that are different than yours, and you have decided that it is your job to tell them the errors of their beliefs? Hope that works for.....anybody.

Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa, and also one of the most westernized. It isn't as different as you may have been led to believe. That said, it has a very diverse population, including many indigenous tribes that are not as "native" as they used to be. The people in question, for instance, have had missionaries in their midst for decades, and so most are Christians. Many of them have also combined Christianity with their own native religions, which is fine until you see things like Children being killed or abandoned because they are thought to be witches causing all sorts of michief in the community. Now, this sort of thing can be managed if the government actually enforced it's own laws against this kind of thing. But certain among the clergy oftentimes have untoward influence at least locally, and so some within the clergy are a part of the problem.

As for this "not my problem" attitude, I find it rather strange that many of those who believe we are the greatest country in the world are so parochial and self-centered in their notions of how "the greatest country in the world" should react to things going on in the rest of the world. As long as we don't have a direct interest, it seems that it isn't our concern - nevermind the human rights issue, and all that our own revolution embodied, and the inspiration it became to the rest of the world. How soon we forget.

Oh goody, a test....

a). No. I support the troops.
b). No. I support the troops.
c). Either nothing or assistance with definite conditions.
d.) No. I was raised Christian and then made my own decision.

I believe in God and follow the creed that if I value the gift of life that is mine, that I should value others lives, which I do.

That doesn't mean I'm going to feel badly about not doing something for a human being that is incapable of understanding or believing that what I say might help him, and what he believes won't, in the name of "human kindness".

The answer you are looking for is "give money and time and efforts to children who happened to be born to stupid parents". The gov. has been doing that forever. Has it helped? Apparently not enough, and it will never be enough. You know why?
because the child that you save from some stupid adult is going to be replaced by another one because that same stupid parent is also too stupid not to pop out another one. So tell a friend.

I'm not mean. I'm in the REAL world. However, if it makes you feel better, I sponsored a girl in India from the age of 2 until 18, and when she married I sent her $1,000.00 as a wedding present. Do you expect me to do it for all of India? Did you ever do a similar thing? If not, I've already done more than you.

"That doesn't mean I'm going to feel badly about not doing something for a human being that is incapable of understanding or believing that what I say might help him, and what he believes won't, in the name of "human kindness".

The answer you are looking for is "give money and time and efforts to children who happened to be born to stupid parents". The gov. has been doing that forever."

No one is asking you to feel badly about not doing something "for a human being that is incapable of understanding or believing that what I say might help him". This isn't about the people who are abusing the children, though there is no rule or natural law that says that they are incapable of understanding that what they are doing is wrong. You yourself admitted that you've changed, have you not? This is about the children themselves.

And bododie, you don't change the world all at once. You do it one child at a time. And there is no reason to suppose that it has to be the government that helps them, though I believe that it can by putting political pressure on the leaders in Nigeria to do something about it.

No, you start with basic reading and math, then add history, science, higher mathematics, and reasoning skills. Once those are mastered, then no one is going to convince people that their children are "witches." You start by building schools and getting local teachers teaching the basics. You make it possible for children to continue their education. You provide scholarships to promising students.

It's all terribly expensive, of course, but much cheaper than ignorance.

No, you start with basic reading and math, then add history, science, higher mathematics, and reasoning skills. Once those are mastered, then no one is going to convince people that their children are "witches." You start by building schools and getting local teachers teaching the basics. You make it possible for children to continue their education. You provide scholarships to promising students.

It's all terribly expensive, of course, but much cheaper than ignorance.
You must not be referring to Catholic schools...they still teach that a person can be possessed by the devil and/or demons.
While you are at it, we should look into how the children were/are? abused in catholic orphanages. The "survivors" of catholic orphanages I have known related systematic child abuse there. It is not just an "ignorant" African problem.

You must not be referring to Catholic schools...they still teach that a person can be possessed by the devil and/or demons.
While you are at it, we should look into how the children were/are? abused in catholic orphanages. The "survivors" of catholic orphanages I have known related systematic child abuse there. It is not just an "ignorant" African problem.

They still teach that?

Well, then, education isn't the total answer. We have to educate about the real world, and leave out the old time superstitions.

Still, it must be easier to convince ignorant people that such nonsense is real.

Werbung:
The Talmud permits the parents to sodomize
their children at age 5.
The jewish woman that had sexual relation
with an animal ,can marry a Rabby.
And so on.

Back