Should we ban the indoctrination and brainwashing of children by religions? Is it child abuse?

I'm not sure if you can say that parents force NEGATIVE views on their children, because to them, they're not negative, they're the views that they have been brought up with and follow, so they'll obviously try and pass that way of life down.

Other people might see those views as negative because that's not what they believe, but that's just a matter of personal opinion.

Werbung:
I'm not sure if you can say that parents force NEGATIVE views on their children, because to them, they're not negative, they're the views that they have been brought up with and follow, so they'll obviously try and pass that way of life down.

Other people might see those views as negative because that's not what they believe, but that's just a matter of personal opinion.

Again, as I said, it boils down to the fact you can't easily change a culture. In fact, with a lot of people attacking their culture is a sure way to be hated. For instance, it's not surprising Neil Young got a critical comeback from the rock band Lynard Skynard for two of his songs critical of southern USA racism.

Three are all sorts of types of child abuse. In the thread, https://www.houseofpolitics.com/thr...-help-create-more-victims-with-silence.18661/, I mentioned the fact people should be free to do what they want as long as they aren't hurting others.

However, people with children often force thier negative behavior on their offspring. A lot of times, the parents can't help it, cause thier culture sees nothing wrong with it. For instance, if they enjoy the profanity and violence filled video game "Grand Theft Auto'", they might see no problem letting an 8 year old play it. Of course, note I am not against violence, only situations where bad guys look cool.

Anyhow, ultimately, the problem the OP faces is the fact his hatred of religion goes against certain people's culture. Ultimately, it's a cultural problem and it's nearly impossible to get people to change. You have all sorts of things at work: pride, brainwashing, resentment of outsiders etc..

I agree that we all hurt our children by our belief systems.

True that some need religion and that any that do not show it respect are hated for telling the truth of the immorality of most religious creeds.

Regards
DL

Again, as I said, it boils down to the fact you can't easily change a culture. In fact, with a lot of people attacking their culture is a sure way to be hated. For instance, it's not surprising Neil Young got a critical comeback from the rock band Lynard Skynard for two of his songs critical of southern USA racism.

If you do attack that culture and try to change it, more often than not you'll find that all you do is strengthen it instead. People when under attack, tend to stick together more and if they feel like they're being persecuted they'll defend their culture even more than what they would at any other time.

If you do attack that culture and try to change it, more often than not you'll find that all you do is strengthen it instead. People when under attack, tend to stick together more and if they feel like they're being persecuted they'll defend their culture even more than what they would at any other time.

Yet if the Martin Luther Kings of the world followed wimpy ways, we would still have slavery.

Let us remember what balls are for.

Regards
DL

Yet if the Martin Luther Kings of the world followed wimpy ways, we would still have slavery.

Let us remember what balls are for.

Regards
DL

We should balance criticism with common sense. However, and even Mr. Bishop might agree, a true stand will require abandoning some family and friends, just as the Bible says, because conflict is inevitable. In other words, a true stand will bring a sword not peace. Note that statement is also a Bible quote.

Last edited:
We should balance criticism with common sense. However, and even Mr. Bishop might agree, a true stand will require abandoning some family and friends, just as the Bible says, because conflict is inevitable. In other words, a true stand will bring a sword not peace. Note that statement is also a Bible quote.

Indeed. If fools decide to remain fools, then it is wise to drop them as friends.

To sell ones soul to Satan, so to speak, just to keep a few friends, would be quite foolish.

If a man cannot follow his convictions then he is not much of a man.

Regards
DL

Indeed. If fools decide to remain fools, then it is wise to drop them as friends.

To sell ones soul to Satan, so to speak, just to keep a few friends, would be quite foolish.

If a man cannot follow his convictions then he is not much of a man.

Regards
DL

I believe in following convictions. In fact, I had to quit going to a church because of it. Some punk kids kept mocking the fact I taught school in South Korea. Therefore, I decided I would have nothing to do with that church. Well, I can't beat the kids up. That would be child abuse. There is no sense in tolerating such disrespect, and racially motivated disrespect at that.

You must follow your conviction or conscience . But you could still attend a church where the pastor has different beliefs. However this should not include mocking. If it is only done by some kids it might be possible the leaders to stop it. Otherwise find another church. I sure you can find one which accepts you.

I believe in following convictions. In fact, I had to quit going to a church because of it. Some punk kids kept mocking the fact I taught school in South Korea. Therefore, I decided I would have nothing to do with that church. Well, I can't beat the kids up. That would be child abuse. There is no sense in tolerating such disrespect, and racially motivated disrespect at that.

When a so called religious person hates without a just cause, as many religions demand, --- think of gays here, --- as well as those who just teach in South Korea, then it is easy to recognize that that religion is not a moral or just one.

Nice that you did the right thing and left it.

Regards
DL

You must follow your conviction or conscience . But you could still attend a church where the pastor has different beliefs. However this should not include mocking. If it is only done by some kids it might be possible the leaders to stop it. Otherwise find another church. I sure you can find one which accepts you.

So a person should not try to be loyal to his church and friends while still trying to correct it. How un-Christian. Doing as you suggest shows a lack of love for friends and peers.

You ignore two of the few biblical passages that make any real sense.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

You might be rigtht to just leave though if that church or religion has not taught you to love friends and peers.

Regards
DL

When a so called religious person hates without a just cause, as many religions demand, --- think of gays here, --- as well as those who just teach in South Korea, then it is easy to recognize that that religion is not a moral or just one.

Nice that you did the right thing and left it.

Regards
DL

Most of the motivation for such hate is jealousy. Pretty much anyone who has done anything interesting is going to invite haters. In fact, these haters would like to beat up or kill the person they hate. For instance, on Boogie Nights, the main star is beat up in a scene later in the movie by haters. In another movie, "Dead Presidents" a black guy returning from Vietnam is picked on by some jealous bully at the pool hall.

Most of the motivation for such hate is jealousy. Pretty much anyone who has done anything interesting is going to invite haters. In fact, these haters would like to beat up or kill the person they hate. For instance, on Boogie Nights, the main star is beat up in a scene later in the movie by haters. In another movie, "Dead Presidents" a black guy returning from Vietnam is picked on by some jealous bully at the pool hall.

I hear you. Most religious are indoctrinated into a carrot or stick theology, heaven and hell, good and evil etc. and have a mindset of hate or love. If you are not with them, they mentaly make you their enemy.

Strange that they cannot thing in terms of a neutral emotion and always choose to hate.

Perhaps that is why they can adore a God that almost always kills as his method of choice instead of curing.

Regards
DL

I hear you. Most religious are indoctrinated into a carrot or stick theology, heaven and hell, good and evil etc. and have a mindset of hate or love. If you are not with them, they mentaly make you their enemy.

However, could it be that they are making God into thier own douchebag image? Could it also be we are often dealing with semi-literate people, biblically and emotionally? So it would be no shock to see them twist stuff like the Bible into horrible things.

Note at a lot of churches they don't get deep into Bible, and what they do choose to read is interpreted by a pastor who often has a political motivation. Look at the Roman Catholic church of old where peasants could not read the Bible at all.

In the US at least, if you go into more educated circles, you find the church people are more mellowed out and reasonable. However, if you choose to go to some backwoods place you might see Pentecostals or the KKK etc..

Werbung:
However, could it be that they are making God into thier own douchebag image? Could it also be we are often dealing with semi-literate people, biblically and emotionally? So it would be no shock to see them twist stuff like the Bible into horrible things.

Note at a lot of churches they don't get deep into Bible, and what they do choose to read is interpreted by a pastor who often has a political motivation. Look at the Roman Catholic church of old where peasants could not read the Bible at all.

In the US at least, if you go into more educated circles, you find the church people are more mellowed out and reasonable. However, if you choose to go to some backwoods place you might see Pentecostals or the KKK etc..

No argument that the more educated will be more left wing than right wing.

As to God and his image, we have to blame the church hierarchy for whatever the sheeple are interpreting God to be.

Sheep are just sheep and the shepherd that leads them decides where they will water.

Sure, ultimately people are responsible for what they are but what they are is also what other people who have interacted with them has made them.

You and I are products of our environment and peers and so are the sheeple.

Regards
DL

Back