Children should not be allowed into temples

Dawkinsrocks

It is quite clear that children get indoctrinated with local mythology when born into religious families

So the children of Muslims get brainwashed about Islam, children of Jews Judaism and Christians Christianity

If the religion of the parents was witchcraft or voodoo people would readily agree that the children should not be exposed to the pernicious lies of the mythology

And by the same token children of all religions should be allowed to grow up free of this parental and institutionalised abuse so that they can decide as adults whether to buy into the nonsense

All temples should be prohibited from admitting minors and schools should be prevented from teaching religion as anything other than stories from the past

Werbung:
if you cannot win the argument then you go for lawyers. its the leftist way.
They don't waste time arguing, it's straight to the use of force. What often gets confused for an argument is actually the collectivist explaining why he feels he has a "right" to use force against specific groups or individuals. Case in point at the OP, he's not looking for a discussion, he's telling you why he and his group feel justified in using force against individuals with whom they disagree.

Children require lots of protection in law because they vulnerable and usually unable to defend themselves against adult onslaught

Forcing your children to buy into viscous lies that seem to screw up the minds of the people who go through that seems to be a perfectly reasonable thing to prevent

hmmm... maybe we should round them all up and house them in cells then teach them without influences we dont like...

can this thread get any sillier ?

Yes children should not be allowed into mosques either

That is why I wrote temples and not churches

All religious indoctrination of children is child abuse

And one day it will be illegal

Yes children should not be allowed into mosques either

That is why I wrote temples and not churches

And one day it will be illegal

Maybe,,, But not in the Middle east.Cause Shira law says children must pray in mosques

It is quite clear that children get indoctrinated with local mythology when born into religious families

So the children of Muslims get brainwashed about Islam, children of Jews Judaism and Christians Christianity

If the religion of the parents was witchcraft or voodoo people would readily agree that the children should not be exposed to the pernicious lies of the mythology

And by the same token children of all religions should be allowed to grow up free of this parental and institutionalised abuse so that they can decide as adults whether to buy into the nonsense

All temples should be prohibited from admitting minors and schools should be prevented from teaching religion as anything other than stories from the past

That would be a pretty good analogy for the discrimination you accused of Cashmcall of.

To everyone else: open you eyes and see that once everyone agreed that parents should raise their kids. Today a growing number of people see parents as the enemy of the state's goals. In a free country if some parent raises his kids in a family believe in voodoo then in a free market of ideas the community can reason with the parents and only if harm if perpetrated and laws broken then the parents are prosecuted. To the statists free speech and the right of parents to raise their own kids are unthinkable.

Today on fox there was a story about a teacher that was suspended for quoting a bible verse and passing out religious tracts against school policy of separation of church and state and the need to take neutral views on religion.

No one can ever be neutral on religion and everyone must take some view. Today in schools the push for neutrality results in suppression of religion. And that is the way these things are going.

In case anyone cares the school teacher merely said as the kids were lined up to come in: "The first shall be last and the last shall be first" the kid asked where the quote came from several times over the course of a few days and the teacher said "the bible". The student later approached the teacher and asked again where the verse came from and since the teacher who was on a break was reading his personal bible at the time had it with him he pointed out where it was and gave the kid his own bible. It does not appear that the teacher did anything other than be who he genuinely was and was not proselytizing. I think the teacher may have even crossed a line but not to the extent that he is accused. Surely teachers should be able to quote from a variety of sources in teaching. Interestingly, I have a book called "cultural literacy" which contains a great deal of stuffs about the American culture that if one does not know would make one culturally illiterate. Probably half of the quotations in the book are directly or indirectly from the bible.

Children require lots of protection in law because they vulnerable and usually unable to defend themselves against adult onslaught

Forcing your children to buy into viscous lies that seem to screw up the minds of the people who go through that seems to be a perfectly reasonable thing to prevent
You said unable to defend themselves against adult onslaught..defend against what? the love of Christ...I feel the same way about the unborn...do you not think they need to be protected?
Or do you just post to get a response? Raise them up as a chid in the ways of the lord and they shall not part! That scripture really upsets you dorsn't it?

Today on fox there was a story about a teacher that was suspended for quoting a bible verse and passing out religious tracts against school policy of separation of church and state and the need to take neutral views on religion.

No one can ever be neutral on religion and everyone must take some view. Today in schools the push for neutrality results in suppression of religion. And that is the way these things are going.

In case anyone cares the school teacher merely said as the kids were lined up to come in: "The first shall be last and the last shall be first" the kid asked where the quote came from several times over the course of a few days and the teacher said "the bible". The student later approached the teacher and asked again where the verse came from and since the teacher who was on a break was reading his personal bible at the time had it with him he pointed out where it was and gave the kid his own bible. It does not appear that the teacher did anything other than be who he genuinely was and was not proselytizing. I think the teacher may have even crossed a line but not to the extent that he is accused. Surely teachers should be able to quote from a variety of sources in teaching. Interestingly, I have a book called "cultural literacy" which contains a great deal of stuffs about the American culture that if one does not know would make one culturally illiterate. Probably half of the quotations in the book are directly or indirectly from the bible.
I agree with you that Children should be allow in all Temples and Churches. I was brought up in the days when I was not allowed to take part in services in other churches. This certainly did not make me a better person but bigoted and ignorant..

Since then I have visited all Temples. Mosque and Churches. Learning how other live and worship is not proselytizing but being educated in the real world.

Werbung:
You never answer the point

You still haven't explained the point of prayer

Because you can't

See what religion has done to you

It has made you unable to reason

Who would want their children to be taught hypocritical, illogical myth as fact and end up like you?

And the teacher spreading her mythology at school should be fired and prosecuted

You would all agree if her tracts and verses had been Islamic

Back