Woman arrested after 32 years on the run after prison escape.

My issue would be that pot smoking is not harmless to oneself.

First, there is the smoke that is ingested, it is 14 times thicker than tobacco smoke and is harmful to the lungs. Then there are the effects on the testicles and the alteration of a persons ability to make wise choices while under the influence of the drug. All in all, it is probably less harmful than alcohol and maybe even french fries. But it should at least be reviewed. Which it has - and it has been found to be not worthy of approval. We may disagree. And the solution is to make a case that it has merit or at least no negative aspects. The solution is not to flaunt the law.

Now, even if it is harmful, if someone wants to harm himself and there are no consequences to me then by all means....

But if he is in my insurance pool then it becomes my concern. So let teh insurance company disqualify marijuana related health expenses (MRHE).

If he is going to go to the ER and use public aid then it is my concern. So let Public Aid refuse to provide service for MRHE.

If he is going drive while under the influence then it is my concern. So make it illegal to drive while under the influence (which it is).

And if we ever get universal health coverage then he will be in my insurance pool and it will be my concern. So again, let him be refused coverage for MRHE.

For that matter if someone does something really stupid to himself why should I pay for the consequences in any way except in cases where by my own compassion I choose to help?

You're shifting from the issue, and it seems following suit with a lot of your posts in using bad data and bad assumptions to cover your basis.

Using that silly argument for "well I don't wanna have to pay for it" is plain ridiculous. If you wish to apply that logic to one thing, it needs to be applied to all. No more french fries, no more burgers larger than 1/4lb, only one per week maximum, no more cigarettes, no more wine, no more alcohol period. Arbitrarily enforced ideals are stupid, that is all there is to it. Marijuana, just like any illegal drug, is illegal because because the powers that be don't like it. They don't like anything that is "recreational" that effects consciousness, not really sure the reasons behind this, they're innumerable. There have been efforts to illegalize any chemical / plant that contains a chemical that effect the consciousness of someone. Salvia Divinorum is a prime example, it has very few side effects, it's been used by shamans for centuries (latin, diviners sage) Why? because people fear the effects it has on the mind, yet the shamans have been using it for ages without ill effect. Marijuana's main reason (well documented, and was the "Gateway" drug if you will, not to other drugs, but to the war on drugs, as its false reasons for being banned were good enough to upset the civilian populace) for being illegal is, can you believe it, the same reason alcohol was banned in the US during prohibition. Churches. ( http://web.archive.org/web/20060328163318/http://www.reefer-madness-movie.com/history.html , original site is gone, but the author is in good regard, and this is the archive on archive.org ) The film reefer madness was funded by a church group who wished to portray the drug as causative of insanity and ludicrous behavior. The intent of course is the church's ideology that recreational use of anything not sanctioned by them (sex, drugs, almost anything, etc) is immoral. It did well, reefer madness was one of the turning points in drug law. When they began banning the use of drugs, others followed suit here in the US, alcohol was one that became a lost cause and eventually repealed with the 21st amendment. The National Prohibition Act which served as the superseding law over alcohol, for some reason allowed....well one guess I'll give you a moment...... ....... ...... okay, it allowed churches to have their sacramental wine! Why is this, because it suited the religious majority, (although the 21st amendment shows that the whole temperance movement was not suiting the majority of the united states citizenry)

"Nothing in this title shall be held to apply to the manufacture, sale, transportation, importation, possession, or distribution of wine for sacramental purposes, or like religious rites, except section 6 (save as the same requires a permit to purchase) and section 10 hereof, and the provisions of this Act prescribing penalties for the violation of either of said sections." -- http://www.historicaldocuments.com/VolsteadAct.htm

So see, drugs are illegal because of religion, not because of the dangers they impose, but because religion hates things that exceed their control. It's well documented and no amount of arguing this changes that. It's the same today, look at the majority of anti-drug movements and you find boatloads of religion backing the movements. Of course this circumnavigates the separation of church and state, since they use fear not religious reasoning to keep the citizenry fearful of drugs.

Werbung:
Just because you disagree with a law doesn't give you the right to disobey the law. If you don't like a law, work to change it, but in the meantime, if do the crime, you'll do the time, end of discussion.

America, you are a damned failure..... End of story.
Don't blame an entire people, which is exactly what you are doing, for the lack of decency that plagues mankind in all countries. If you want to do that, then please include Mexico, China and definitely Saudi Arabia. What passes for law and justice in those places dwarfs any injustice in America.

Just because you disagree with a law doesn't give you the right to disobey the law. If you don't like a law, work to change it, but in the meantime, if do the crime, you'll do the time, end of discussion.

If I disagree with a law on valid claims, I have an inalienable right to disobey it...
Those colonists should've paid the taxes and shut the hell up..we should still be colonies of the queen if your ideal there is followed. Look, the law is wrong, quite simply, your pathetic and self-rightous idea that the punishment is deserved simply by violating a law that itself is unjust and ridiculous is just mind blowing. Yes they do the time, but this is oh so wrong. Just because some nimrods came up with a foul law doesn't mean anyone deserves the dehumanization of incarceration. You sicken me. period. I myself don't touch drugs, lost many a friend to the addictions they faced, sure they're still alive, some in jail, some just urchins getting high when they can, however this demonization of drugs is also to blame for the hardship of them getting help, this too, is pathetic. Good Job America, and America, give thanks to guys like Federal Farmer, he keeps you oiled smoothly.

If I disagree with a law on valid claims, I have an inalienable right to disobey it...

Uh, NO! If you do, you WILL be arrested, you WILL be charged, you WILL be tried, you WILL be found guilty, and you WILL sit your butt in jail for the entire term you are sentenced to unless you have enough money to challenge the law you were convicted of violating all the way up to the Supreme Court, IF they even agree to hear the case, and even then the odds are against you.

Those colonists should've paid the taxes and shut the hell up..we should still be colonies of the queen if your ideal there is followed. Look, the law is wrong, quite simply, your pathetic and self-rightous idea that the punishment is deserved simply by violating a law that itself is unjust and ridiculous is just mind blowing. Yes they do the time, but this is oh so wrong. Just because some nimrods came up with a foul law doesn't mean anyone deserves the dehumanization of incarceration. You sicken me. period. I myself don't touch drugs, lost many a friend to the addictions they faced, sure they're still alive, some in jail, some just urchins getting high when they can, however this demonization of drugs is also to blame for the hardship of them getting help, this too, is pathetic. Good Job America, and America, give thanks to guys like Federal Farmer, he keeps you oiled smoothly.

Yaddi, yaddi, ya. All that "the colonists" crap is all well and good, EXCEPT that you've forgotten one VERY important part of the story, and that is that pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor on the alter of their cause. They then proceeded to fight a WAR, against the most powerful nation on the face of the Earth for the next 7 years, and most of them DID die, or died impoverished, and are for the most part completely FORGOTTEN! Are YOU willing to pay that price so that some disfunctional, antisocial nimnod can smoke a little bit of grass?

I sicken you? That's a laugh. Here's a little tip for you, READ THE CONSTITUTION! There are mechanisms contained therein by which laws are created in this country, and the majority of our elected representatives have determined, in our stead, that certain drugs are to be controlled, and unless or until such time as you can get enough of your stoner buddies off of their butts and get those same said elected representatives to change the laws, you're just plain wrong, because anything less is ANARCHY.

Now, in response to your snide little "pathetic" swipe, here's another tip for you; I don't agree with the law either, and I believe that it should be overturned, and that all of those drugs should be legalized, manufactured under strictly controlled FDA requirements, sold in drug stores just like cigarettes and alcohol, and heavily taxed. Your problem is that you "assumed" that by stating the blatantly obvious, that I opposed the notion of legalizing them, but you had your head rammed so far up your a$$ that you didn't even think to ASK THE F@CKING QUESTION. So next time, how about utilizing your head for something other than a HAT RACK, and try THINKING.

Now, go ye forth and fornicate thine own anal sphyncter.

LATE EDIT:

You sound like an AUBURN grad!:mad:

Uh, NO! If you do, you WILL be arrested, you WILL be charged, you WILL be tried, you WILL be found guilty, and you WILL sit your butt in jail for the entire term you are sentenced to unless you have enough money to challenge the law you were convicted of violating all the way up to the Supreme Court, IF they even agree to hear the case, and even then the odds are against you.

Yaddi, yaddi, ya. All that "the colonists" crap is all well and good, EXCEPT that you've forgotten one VERY important part of the story, and that is that pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor on the alter of their cause. They then proceeded to fight a WAR, against the most powerful nation on the face of the Earth for the next 7 years, and most of them DID die, or died impoverished, and are for the most part completely FORGOTTEN! Are YOU willing to pay that price so that some disfunctional, antisocial nimnod can smoke a little bit of grass?

I sicken you? That's a laugh. Here's a little tip for you, READ THE CONSTITUTION! There are mechanisms contained therein by which laws are created in this country, and the majority of our elected representatives have determined, in our stead, that certain drugs are to be controlled, and unless or until such time as you can get enough of your stoner buddies off of their butts and get those same said elected representatives to change the laws, you're just plain wrong, because anything less is ANARCHY.

Now, in response to your snide little "pathetic" swipe, here's another tip for you; I don't agree with the law either, and I believe that it should be overturned, and that all of those drugs should be legalized, manufactured under strictly controlled FDA requirements, sold in drug stores just like cigarettes and alcohol, and heavily taxed. Your problem is that you "assumed" that by stating the blatantly obvious, that I opposed the notion of legalizing them, but you had your head rammed so far up your a$$ that you didn't even think to ASK THE F@CKING QUESTION. So next time, how about utilizing your head for something other than a HAT RACK, and try THINKING.

Now, go ye forth and fornicate thine own anal sphyncter.

FF do you think all drugs should be legal?

FF do you think all drugs should be legal?

Yes, however, I also acknowledge that Constitutionally the government does have the right to regulate the manufacture, sale, and use of them just like they do alcohol, tobacco, and anything else that crossed State lines under the "Commerce Clause".

Now, if someone wishes to grow their own, ONLY for their own consumption, then it's not the first damned bit of the governments concern any more than it is when I brew beer for my own consumption. Having said that, the government does still retain the right to bust you and throw your butt in jail if you're operating a motor vehicle on the "post roads" while under the influence of any mind altering drug, whether it be legal or not.

Yes, however, I also acknowledge that Constitutionally the government does have the right to regulate the manufacture, sale, and use of them just like they do alcohol, tobacco, and anything else that crossed State lines under the "Commerce Clause".

Now, if someone wishes to grow their own, ONLY for their own consumption, then it's not the first damned bit of the governments concern any more than it is when I brew beer for my own consumption. Having said that, the government does still retain the right to bust you and throw your butt in jail if you're operating a motor vehicle on the "post roads" while under the influence of any mind altering drug, whether it be legal or not.

So do you mean just pot? I was thinking you meant all drugs legal

coke, heroin exc.

So do you mean just pot? I was thinking you meant all drugs legal

coke, heroin exc.

Any and all of them. Remember, I'm a Constitutional originalist, and as such I believe that if it's not specifically enumerated within the text of the Constitution, then it's left to We The People, or to the States.

Werbung:
Federal Farmer said:
LATE EDIT:

You sound like an AUBURN grad!:mad:

No actually I got my EMT-B license at UAB Medical, studied psychology at Calhoun, Got my CCNA at Drake Tech, and am currently working on a Bachelors in Mathematics / comp sci at UAH. I'm a professional student ;), but by no means an auburn fan...for that matter not a tide fan either, I spent a lot of time 4 blocks from notre dame in SB, Indiana, so go irish.

Back