Would you rather have the government giving you internet service than cable or phone companies?

Internet providers are a joke. They sign up dramatically more people than they have the capacity to sustain -- promising speeds "up to X mbs" (which you never get).

The solution is not a government solution Steve -- the solution is to actually have some competition in the market -- as most areas there is simply 1 cable provider (and maybe dish)
No kidding. In this area, we have two choices: Comcast, or crappy. I see ads now and again for different service, but when I call, I find out that oh, no, that's not in your area "just yet".

So, costly Comcast it is, which is still no doubt cheaper than government internet.

Seems like I heard that one of the Scandinavian countries has internet for the whole country. I wonder how that is working out for them?

Werbung:
Internet providers charging a communicatins tax? Not unless they are required to, and I don't think they are. Not yet anyway.

right. they either collect the tax from you to pay the govt or pass along the cost of taxes on them. private concerns cannot tax.

Werbung:
Back