Your username

The_Giver

What is the origin of your username? Is there a story behind it?

Mine is simply the name of a book I once read--quite a catchy title.

Werbung:
You have a nice username.

Mine is one I had to think of at the last minute in order to get onto another discussion board and post something. I had tried to use my actual name but then they told me it was already being used by someone else and said I couldn't use it.

So I used this one, which is the title of a WWII song about a certain lady, which I believe Marlene Dietrich sang in a movie.

I decided to just keep the same name when I came to this board, so people from the other board might recognize me.
Of course, there are liabilities involved in that too: a bunch of us left the board disgusted by its corruption and had several enemies. So if someone comes here with a distinct case of the a** against me from the outset, it will probably be one of those "enemies".
:p

USMC - United States Marine Corps
the Almighty - name given by jarhead infrantrymen to Marine pilots who say that having CAS above you is like divine intervention by "the Almighty"

I thought it only to be appropriate:

In Greek mythology, Koios (also known as Coeus) was the Elder Titan god of intelligence, the inquisitive mind, or questioning intellect, his name meaning "query" or "questioning". His wife, Phoibe (or Phoebe) was the goddess of the prophetic mind. Together, the couple may have functioned as the primal font of all knowledge, both that born of heaven (Krios son of Heaven) and derived from earth (Phoibe daughter of earth).In Greek mythology, Koios (also known as Coeus) was the Elder Titan god of intelligence, the inquisitive mind, or questioning intellect, his name meaning "query" or "questioning". His wife, Phoibe (or Phoebe) was the goddess of the prophetic mind. Together, the couple may have functioned as the primal font of all knowledge, both that born of heaven (Krios son of Heaven) and derived from earth (Phoibe daughter of earth).

http://koios.generationcp.org/

Come on guys.. if you want to dispute whether the USA "sucks" or not just start a new thread.

Werbung:
Back