29 years ago today

Little-Acorn

On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan and three others were shot and wounded by John W. Hinckley.

Hinckley said he did it because he was obsessed by actress Jodie Foster and was trying to impress her somehow.

Excuses for destroying conservatives have only gone downhill from there.

Werbung:
If Hinckley had ruled a country, Cons would have sent him WMDs to use on his people. Then claimed he needed to be removed for using WMDs on his people... a decade later.

On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan and three others were shot and wounded by John W. Hinckley.

Hinckley said he did it because he was obsessed by actress Jodie Foster and was trying to impress her somehow.

Excuses for destroying conservatives have only gone downhill from there.

And here I thought Hinckley shot Reagan because some left wing talk show host told him to do it.

All this time, I thought Hinkley was just a nutcase who took shots at the POTUS. It turns out, he was actually out to "destroy conservatives".

I had no idea.

Was Oswald out to destroy liberals, then?

Werbung:
I always chuckle at the cons when they put partisan jabs into tidbits like this for no apparent purpose than thier own jollies. Either way, you sure did win a point there Acorn;)

I have said before and will continue to, that mental illness knows no political ideology, religion, gender, and social class. It can aflict people from all sides of society.
which was the case with Hinkley pretty much everyone agrees with that, including Reagan himself.

A few years back I stayed at the Washington Hilton several different times for business travel where the shooting happened. There is nothing at the site to designate what happened or anything like that. I had seen the footage a thousand times before I went to the hotel, and pulling up front, I wasnt sure I was at the right place, or might have been previously mistaken and that maybe the shooting happened at a different hotel because the front area looked nothing like the shooting scene.
There is a secondary side entrance that is more for the convention area that the shooting took place. If asked the staff will point it out to you.

The last thing I will say in regards to the hotel and all of that, is the hotel bar as one would expect is pretty good and just down Conneticut Ave is a Morton's Steakhouse that was quite good. We dont have them in Alaska and it was my first time. While I always prefer some of my own game on the grill, they do a decent cut of beef there.

Back