A group of pro life people exposed planned parenthood for the hypocritical scum bucke

Re: A group of pro life people exposed planned parenthood for the hypocritical scum b

Reproductive females are not "little girls." They are biological adult women who are merely defined as children by the law. Hence, I don't think you can necessarily claim that all relationships between adolescent women and older men are inherently "abusive," especially when it comes to consensual ones.
One can be a physically mature person without being emotionally mature. The disparity in power between a 30 year old man and a teenage girl is what makes the relationship inherently non-consensual. That's one of the reasons that we have laws about sexual harrassment, relationships can have an inherent disparity in power, such as an employer and an employee, so we try to level the playing field a bit.

Werbung:
Re: A group of pro life people exposed planned parenthood for the hypocritical scum b

I would bet if you searched it out there would be at least 25-30 states with same issues, probably more like 40 could even be all 50. its been a problem for years.

i dont agree that 12 and 13 year old girls should be able to get abortions without their parents knowing but if its legal in a state and planned parenthood helps the kids kill the babies at least it was legal and though I dont like it I wouldnt be complaining about it.

its when its not legal and especially when they cover for perverted disgusting gross men who pry on little girls. in some cases its step dads who the kid has to go back to the exact same abuse and planned parent hood did nothing but cover it up by helping kill the baby and thought they did something good.

these are the cases I am more concerned about.
I've never seen anything to make me think this is a wide-spread problem, if it is, then it should be exposed and dealt with immediately. However, this also has the smell of a witch-hunt aimed at discrediting Planned Parenthood. I want to the see the facts, I would like to see proof that PP is sheltering pedophiles like the Catholic Church did, rather than vague accusations.

I've never seen anything to make me think this is a wide-spread problem, if it is, then it should be exposed and dealt with immediately. However, this also has the smell of a witch-hunt aimed at discrediting Planned Parenthood. I want to the see the facts, I would like to see proof that PP is sheltering pedophiles like the Catholic Church did, rather than vague accusations.

what they do is not the same as the RCC did, what the RCC did was just ...gosh I have no words. it was horrible. they just moved them around to differnt churches and let it go on.

what PP does is not report the men, leaving them able to keep hurting the girl who came in and or other girls

There have been many cases reported about PP in reguards to covering for perv men and also for giving girls abortions w/out parent concent at ages they legally had to do it, and in many states. If you realy dont know about it and want to I can do some searching around for you for the various news stories about it. I have followed PP and FP for a really long time so I know I can find you many cases.

if you cant see the difference in a 12 or 13 year old girl and a 40 year old man then there is no point in talking about it. men like that should be taken behind barns and shot point blank, and if i cought one messing with my little girl i would make sure he paid dearly for it. this topic makes me sick of men justify messing around sexually with kids.
I can not reply to you about this anymore

That's because you have no rational reply. You rarely do.

One can be a physically mature person without being emotionally mature. The disparity in power between a 30 year old man and a teenage girl is what makes the relationship inherently non-consensual. That's one of the reasons that we have laws about sexual harrassment, relationships can have an inherent disparity in power, such as an employer and an employee, so we try to level the playing field a bit.

I find it curious that adolescents are often portrayed as rebellious punks with no regard for their elders on the one hand and spineless weaklings who need to be protected on the other. Continuing on that path, adolescence is primarily a social construct that was created in the aftermath of the Industrial Revolution, so there's really no reason to believe that such a disparity in emotional maturity actually exists.

You will have no evidence that Planned Parenthood is sheltering "pedophiles" because adult men in sexual relationships with adolescent women are not "pedophiles." Pedophiles are individuals that are sexually attracted to prepubescent children.

I read what you said, and I agree they should follow the law BUT they dont. if you can get the law changed to say cover for pervs doing teens and get the 12 or 13 year old an abortion behind parents back then they would probably never break the law, but I think changing the laws to no laws reguarding teens and pregnancy and pervs who abuse them is a bad ide

Come on spare me... your focus is obviously not about getting any "pervs".

This whole rant is bashing a very good and important women's support service because you don't like the fact that one small part of what they do (along with thousands of other private clinics) is advocate and in some cases provided medical services for a women's right to choose.

I don't think it's such a bad thing to necessarily have parental notification. But that should not take away from the actual person with the condition "regardless of age" the right to decide the final outcome. Also if there is a "notification" stipulation there should be mandated family counseling so all parties understand each of their rights & responsibilities and hopefully work together for the best interest of the person who is pregnant.

Come on spare me... your focus is obviously not about getting any "pervs".

This whole rant is bashing a very good and important women's support service because you don't like the fact that one small part of what they do (along with thousands of other private clinics) is advocate and in some cases provided medical services for a women's right to choose.

I don't think it's such a bad thing to necessarily have parental notification. But that should not take away from the actual person with the condition "regardless of age" the right to decide the final outcome. Also if there is a "notification" stipulation there should be mandated family counseling so all parties understand each of their rights & responsibilities and hopefully work together for the best interest of the person who is pregnant.

Yes actually, stoping pervs from targeting minors is very very important to me and anyone who knows its happening should be reporting it. but people at PP and also where I work with the school district have a mandatory duty to report these things to protect children.

I am also bothered about breaking the laws and giving minors abortions where it is not legal. I hate that its legal to give them to kids period but at least they should be following the law by notifying the parents (where those states mandate it) If a state does not mandate it, it sucks but I cant complain about PP if it is not the law.

Yes actually, stoping pervs from targeting minors is very very important to me and anyone who knows its happening should be reporting it. but people at PP and also where I work with the school district have a mandatory duty to report these things to protect children.

I am also bothered about breaking the laws and giving minors abortions where it is not legal. I hate that its legal to give them to kids period but at least they should be following the law by notifying the parents (where those states mandate it) If a state does not mandate it, it sucks but I cant complain about PP if it is not the law.

I think we are in agreement that the law is the law and should be respected.

That's why I'm very, very... very glad Roe is now properly safeguarded. My hope is this next 8 years along with the terms of the sure to be appointed Pro-Choice Justices takes this opinion so far into the future that it would be next to impossible to overturn a precedent with that long of an established position for women's rights.

And I wasn't trying to say you like pervs... I was pointing out that that was not the main angle of your story. You want to take away a woman's right to choose and you were using the vehicle of a age technicality to try and show how evil women's clinics are. I got that.

I think we are in agreement that the law is the law and should be respected.

That's why I'm very, very... very glad Roe is now properly safeguarded. My hope is this next 8 years along with the terms of the sure to be appointed Pro-Choice Justices takes this opinion so far into the future that it would be next to impossible to overturn a precedent with that long of an established position for women's rights.

And I wasn't trying to say you like pervs... I was pointing out that that was not the main angle of your story. You want to take away a woman's right to choose and you were using the vehicle of a age technicality to try and show how evil women's clinics are. I got that.

Womens clinics are not evil, I wouldnt even say PP is evil just that they have a bad agenda. PP is not the same as a regular womens clinic. Most womens clinics would tell you the options including abortion but not neglect to tell you the other options. PP wont even let adoption flyers be in the waiting room, and they dont tell you about the dangers of abortion unless you ask.. In my case I asked and they still never told me. also normal womens clinics dont try to protect pervs. They are in no way like your avarage normal womens clinic.

the main part of this thread is the fact that PP covered for what they thought was an over 30 year old male perv who got what they thought to be a 13 year old girl pregnant. Not sure how you missed that.

"Children" are not biologically capable of reproduction. Opposition to such relationships has only developed over the past century, and yesterday's adolescents were considered adults.

I find it curious that adolescents are often portrayed as rebellious punks with no regard for their elders on the one hand and spineless weaklings who need to be protected on the other. Continuing on that path, adolescence is primarily a social construct that was created in the aftermath of the Industrial Revolution, so there's really no reason to believe that such a disparity in emotional maturity actually exists.

Funny thing though that psychologists, parents, the law, insurance companies, and practically everybody but people desiring sex with children acknowledges that children--even teens--are less mature in ways that can make them vulnerable.

Rebellious and spineless were not words used in my post, in fact nothing suggesting those things was in my post. If you're going to disagree, at least disagree with what I said.

You will have no evidence that Planned Parenthood is sheltering "pedophiles" because adult men in sexual relationships with adolescent women are not "pedophiles." Pedophiles are individuals that are sexually attracted to prepubescent children.

The legal definition varies from State to State and country to country, there is no uiniversal cut-off date.

"Children" are not biologically capable of reproduction. Opposition to such relationships has only developed over the past century, and yesterday's adolescents were considered adults.

Yes, that's true, but people's lifetimes were shorter too so there was pressure to start as soon as they were viable. A 13 year old may be able to conceive (I read about a 5 year old in the Phillipines who is currently the youngest female ever to get pregnant) but at 13 is neither physically or emotionally mature enough to do a good job of parenting in today's world.

We don't need to pass judgment on what people used to do, but it's good to know so that we have perspective. Many, many things have been done in the past that we have learned not to do now.

Womens clinics are not evil, I wouldnt even say PP is evil just that they have a bad agenda. PP is not the same as a regular womens clinic. Most womens clinics would tell you the options including abortion but not neglect to tell you the other options. PP wont even let adoption flyers be in the waiting room, and they dont tell you about the dangers of abortion unless you ask.. In my case I asked and they still never told me. also normal womens clinics dont try to protect pervs. They are in no way like your avarage normal womens clinic.

the main part of this thread is the fact that PP covered for what they thought was an over 30 year old male perv who got what they thought to be a 13 year old girl pregnant. Not sure how you missed that.

Lady you are sooooo just not right.:eek:

As a husband and a father to two daughters in their 20's and besides been the coach of an entire High School level girls basketball team... I am surrounded by women.

The things you say are complete distortions and out right fabrications (read that lies). For the record Planned Parenthood absolutely will provide information about not only adoption but actually HAVING A CHILD AND KEEPING IT FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW WHAT AN AMAZING NEWS FLASH FOR YOU!!!!

You did not know that did you? Sure you did...

Planned Parenthood is about ALL women's reproductive issues. They are not in anyway shape or form "anti-child".

In fact if you are truly against abortions then you should send a donation check to Planned Parenthood. Because no other single organization in the WORLD does more to prevent unwanted pregnancies through education and free birth control thus avoiding and lowering the number of abortions than Planned Parenthood does.

And Planned Parenthood (a women's advocate organization) did nothing of the kind in what you say "trying to cover for a 30 year old perv". They would be the first to cut the balls off of any person that victimized women. What they wouldn't do is take that hate and put it before what their female client wanted.

Werbung:

Funny thing though that psychologists, parents, the law, insurance companies, and practically everybody but people desiring sex with children acknowledges that children--even teens--are less mature in ways that can make them vulnerable.

Oh, thanks. Here we go. :rolleyes:

Teens are not "children" in any morally relevant sense of the word, a conclusion supported by the fact that several studies have found that adolescents have similar levels of decision-making competence to adults when it comes to making important medical decisions. The most notable study on this issue is that of Weithorn and Campbell, entitled The Competency of Children and Adolescents to Make Informed Treatment Decisions. They tested several different age groups (aged 9, 14, 18, and 21 years) in an effort to estimate the decision-making competence of minors as compared to adults. Their conclusion was that the competence levels of 14 year olds was equivalent to that of adults, and though that of the 9 year olds was not, they did not lack decision-making skills altogether.

The conclusion of the authors was that "In general, minors aged 14 were found to demonstrate a level of competency equivalent to that of adults, according to four standards of competency (evidence of choice, reasonable outcome, rational reasons, and understanding), and for four hypothetical dilemmas (diabetes, epilepsy, depression, and enuresis). Younger minors aged 9, however, appeared less competent than adults according to the standards of competency requiring understanding and a rational reasonable process. Yet, according to the standards of evidence of choice and reasonable outcome, even these younger minors appeared competent. Children as young as 9 appear to be capable of comprehending the basics of what is required of them when they are asked to state a preference regarding a treatment dilemma. And, despite poorer understanding of disclosed information, the 9-year-olds tended to express clear and sensible treatment preferences similar to those of adults...The findings of this research do not lend support to policies which deny adolescents the right of self-determination in treatment situations on the basis of a presumption of incapacity to provide informed consent. The ages of eighteen or twenty-one as the “cutoffs” below which individuals are presumed to be incompetent to make determinations about their own welfare do not reflect the psychological capacities of most adolescents."

Other studies that might prove illuminating are those of Grisso and Vierling, Mann et al., Embree and Dobson, Ambuel and Rappaport, and to some extent, Koocher and DeMason. A recent confirmation of previous research by Kuther and Posada should also prove illuminating. The majority of them regard the issue of minors' ability to provide informed consent to medical treatment, but hold wider implications for policy issues related to adolescents.

Grisso and Vierling's study, Minors’ Consent to Treatment: A Developmental Perspective, came to a similar conclusion, the authors stating that “existing evidence provides no legal assumption that minors aged 15 years and above cannot provide competent consent.”

In short, I'm dubious as to the validity of claims that the mental functions of adolescents are inherently inferior to those of legal adults.

Rebellious and spineless were not words used in my post, in fact nothing suggesting those things was in my post. If you're going to disagree, at least disagree with what I said.

I was replying to the characterization promoted in your post, not any specific language.

The legal definition varies from State to State and country to country, there is no uiniversal cut-off date.

You're referring to the legal age of consent, not the psychological definition of pedophilia. The term "pedophilia" has been abused and misdefined by the mass media for the purpose of achieving political and financial gains. Pedophilia, properly defined, is a prolonged sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Thus, neither a sexual attraction to nor a sexual relationship with an adolescent would qualify as "pedophilia."

Yes, that's true, but people's lifetimes were shorter too so there was pressure to start as soon as they were viable. A 13 year old may be able to conceive (I read about a 5 year old in the Phillipines who is currently the youngest female ever to get pregnant) but at 13 is neither physically or emotionally mature enough to do a good job of parenting in today's world.

That is not a rational objection unless you recommend that people should reproduce and possess adult rights at age 30 or 40 should medical advancements extend the human lifespan to 150 or so. Do you?

We don't need to pass judgment on what people used to do, but it's good to know so that we have perspective. Many, many things have been done in the past that we have learned not to do now.

I will openly state that many facets of pre-adolescent society were preferable to current society, with the unnecessary social construct of adolescence having been implemented.

Back