America in 1928

Neutral Evil

At this time, America used to be a cruel, crude society. The corrupt police were a result of it and the film Changeling highlighted this fact most unpleasantly. The law, the very body that was meant to protect and serve the interests of the people declared Christine Collins insane to cover up their own inadequecy, subject her to callous medical treatment and indifference. They made a young child dig up the bones of other children, a remarkable display of insensitivity. But then being an agricultural society for so long, I don´t suppose people living in it would be very sensitive. As evil as I am lawfully, nothing was served by any of the things Christine Collins, or anyone subjected to the police, endured

Werbung:
Who is Glenn Beck and what relevance he has to this discussion?

Sorry Mr. Evil but Mr. Shaman along with many others disappeared when the site went down.

I do miss his kooky posts...for about a minute or two.

And do you really not know who the great Glenn Beck is?

Sorry Mr. Evil but Mr. Shaman along with many others disappeared when the site went down.

No, I don´t. Why don´t you tell me so I can be sure I know.

Gipper: I suspect from Mr. Lawful Evil's previous posts that he may not be an American. He may be a Spanish citizen. If that be true, he would not likely know who Glenn Beck is. I am a U.S. citizen, although I recognize the name, I do not know if Glenn Beck is Right, Left, or Center either.

At this time, America used to be a cruel, crude society. The corrupt police were a result of it and the film Changeling highlighted this fact most unpleasantly. The law, the very body that was meant to protect and serve the interests of the people declared Christine Collins insane to cover up their own inadequecy, subject her to callous medical treatment and indifference. They made a young child dig up the bones of other children, a remarkable display of insensitivity. But then being an agricultural society for so long, I don´t suppose people living in it would be very sensitive. As evil as I am lawfully, nothing was served by any of the things Christine Collins, or anyone subjected to the police, endured

It is arguable the America is still a cruel, crude society. We still have police corruption, innocent people coerced into confessions, and the rest of the travesties that are suggested by the film and incident you reference. Such is human nature.

Gipper: I suspect from Mr. Lawful Evil's previous posts that he may not be an American. He may be a Spanish citizen. If that be true, he would not likely know who Glenn Beck is. I am a U.S. citizen, although I recognize the name, I do not know if Glenn Beck is Right, Left, or Center either.

very far right, also known for wild conspiracy theory, crying on air because he loves our country so much ( also I think he is not stable)...nut job

very far right, also known for wild conspiracy theory, crying on air because he loves our country so much ( also I think he is not stable)...nut job

You do not know me and do not presume to. Consider my posts with more of an open mind and not such a judgemental attitude. I take no such approach with anyone here until I learn why they think as they do.

You do not know me and do not presume to. Consider my posts with more of an open mind and not such a judgemental attitude. I take no such approach with anyone here until I learn why they think as they do.

He's talking about Glenn Beck, not you.

You must not be from the US, or you would know who Beck is. He is a showman who talks of politics and the state of the world in general.

Here's a link. After waiting through the absurd ad, you can hear and see Beck and judge for yourself.

He's talking about Glenn Beck, not you.

You must not be from the US, or you would know who Beck is. He is a showman who talks of politics and the state of the world in general.

Here's a link. After waiting through the absurd ad, you can hear and see Beck and judge for yourself.

PLC1, you are a a devious being:) introducing an innocent person to the likes of Beck, Olbermann, O'Reilly etc cannot be good thing for one's mental health. LE these guys are all showman and they are in it for the money. They tell their, all to often, naive fans what they want to hear but most of it is just plain nonsense. The world of cable news is a wacky world full of charlatans and mountebanks who make a lot of money peddling political trash. They are among those guilty of formulating partisan gridlock for profit in the US. Essentially they are not much different than those TV programs in Spain where you see someone like Falete going on and on about useless nonsense. The difference is they do it with politics and too many folks take them seriously. Television is the true opiate of the people...everywhere.

PLC1, you are a a devious being:) introducing an innocent person to the likes of Beck, Olbermann, O'Reilly etc cannot be good thing for one's mental health. LE these guys are all showman and they are in it for the money. They tell their, all to often, naive fans what they want to hear but most of it is just plain nonsense. The world of cable news is a wacky world full of charlatans and mountebanks who make a lot of money peddling political trash. They are among those guilty of formulating partisan gridlock for profit in the US. Essentially they are not much different than those TV programs in Spain where you see someone like Falete going on and on about useless nonsense. The difference is they do it with politics and too many folks take them seriously. Television is the true opiate of the people...everywhere.

LOL! Next, I'll introduce him to Comedy Central, or maybe to Family GUY or South Park. Might as well corrupt his soul entirely.

Dimwit level defamation - the only thing the leftwing has to offer. :rolleyes:

Hey I like Glen Beck. The way he exposes the radical left is priceless. Of course, many are too ignorant to see what he is doing is a great service to our nation. A service that all the media should be doing but, most of the American media are scumbag leftists with an agenda. Olbermann is a radical left wing dunce and O'Reilly is okay but very full of himself and never shuts off long enough to let his guests speak.

And PLC1 gets all his news from Stewart and Colbert. So, no doubt he is an expert on left wing comedy.

Werbung:
Rick:
Sorry my comment may strike you as left wing but it's not. I mentioned Olbermann along with the rest of these charlatans who are a detriment to the USA. You'll find later that I am not concerned with the little d or i or r that comes after a candidate's name. I am interested in what that person has to offer me and people of my demographic. I am, in short, a political opportunist. I look out for me and mine. There are two things I ask a person who wants my support. Two very American questions.
1. What's in it for me?
2. What have you done for me lately?

I am not a partisan. Hyperpartisaship has made this country weak. The politics of a nation are not a sporting event. I don't have a favorite team.. I don't vote a certain way because of tradition (my father did so, so do I.). I am well aware that we live under a new system of politics which is essentially corporatism. I have no beef with this system. It has treated me well. But in the last few years it has become a run-away train. This is partly responsible for the melt-down. The system is present in any industrial society and it makes that society better off. I also know that the gang of 535 are first responsible to their corporate handlers through their lobbyists. That is understandable and until recently I had no quarrel with that. The evidence of this can be seen in the US by the bailouts. Who bailed out who and why? Certain corporations are the province of one or another of the two main parties and vice-versa. The idea is based on what is good for the corporate world is good for the people. That has worked in the past but in the past few years certain elements of the corporate world have become to greedy and it is an abuse and a danger to the entire system and could cause conditions far worse the the recent melt down. Corporatism like any other form of government has its own ethical code. You may or may not like those ethics but that is irrelevant to the system. If the code is usurped by a few it causes a negative reverberation through-out the system. Nationalism and partisan politics do not make the engine of this nation run, business does. The truth is in the statement "The business of America is business." We do it well and for that reason we are the most imitated nation in the world. Everyone wants a piece of the action and that is fine too. I am not done but this is enough for one post. "I'll be back."

Gipper
If you find cable news your favorite form of entertainment that's fine. I do not and have long ago given up on that form of entertainment. These people are ion it for the bucks. Ask the number one guy in the industry, Rush Limbaugh. He'll tell you straight away it's not news, it's entertainment and a multi-million dollar part of the entertainment industry. With the Internet we are able to free ourselves from the influence MSM or "the fourth estate". I watch the local news once a day, mainly for weather, traffic and the headlines. I don't need someone who has an opinion to interpret the news for me.

Back