Biden; honest and trustworthy

Dr.Who

Yep that was me saying that.

Let's recap first: The HHS declares a state of national emergency and the WHO raises it's Pandemic Alert Level to Phase 5 meaning that a pandemic is imminent.

So what do our heath officials tell us to do? Mostly they tell us to wash our hands and to stay home if we are sick. Hello? That is not enough!!

Meanwhile the EU has restricted travel to Mexico. France came out and said to practice social distancing. Yep, that's an improvement. Still not enough.

Finally today I see that the CDC has said we should have a family preparedness plan (HHS said that years ago but have not said it much again until now) including keeping food and medicine in your house.

Back to now: So Biden says that if he were worried about his family he would tell them not to ride the subway. Duh! That is obviously good common sense. And after he said it the white house (Robert Gibbs) comes back and says "what he really meant to say..." and all the reporters in the room actually laughed out loud when they said it. They interrupted and basically said: "C'mon we know what Biden said and it wasn't that."

We need to take the advice of the CDC and WHO and HHS but add to it the obvious things they are afraid to say because they don't want to harm the economy. Which they admitted was the reason they have not advocated more in the response to what Biden said. They said they needed to balance public health against the needs of the economy.

If you don't need to go out then don't. And when you are out don't touch people or things they touch. Don't touch your face and wash your hands. Bring wipes and alcohol gels with you. Stay out of elevators, airplanes, and subways with other people. If things get worse get an N95 mask or don't go out (which is why they told us to have food). When you come home wash up real good and take a shower unless you desire to pass germs off to your kids who cannot take Tamiflu because it is not appropriate for young kids. And don't rely on Tamiflu which is limited in it's usefulness or vaccines which won't be ready for maybe six months.

Right now things have not gotten so bad here but they might get bad. In Mexico things have gotten worse and the shelves are empty and the gov has closed down the most of the economy for a week at least. Let's pray that things do not get bad here, but let's be honest and recognize that things have been far worse here before in history and and be prepared for it - honestly like Biden.

Werbung:
Werbung:
Yeah we can't have a good crisis go to waste.

Well in this case Gibbs and others (including media like Kieth Olberman) are so obviously tap dancing around what he said and trying to say that he did not say what he said that they are obviously not trying to make this any more of a crisis than it is. They are so obviously trying to down play it. And several times they have said that the reason is that they don't want people to stop contributing to the economy.

Personally I want politicians to make economic judgments and I want them to make public health judgments but what I do not want them to do is to make public health judgments based on economic judgments.

Back