Bill Maher: Obama’s ‘mistake’ was not telling Republicans to ’suck on it’

Popeye

Maher, per usual, is exactly right. Obama since getting into power has done nothing but kiss Republican and corporatist ass, while continuing many of Bush's idiotic policies...

Comedian and political commentator Bill Maher said Wednesday that President Obama's insistence on courting Republican votes on his legislative priorities has weakened his presidency and the outcome of health care reform.

"I think the biggest mistake that he has made in his first year was to put bipartisanship ahead of fixing the country," Maher declared Wednesday on MSNBC's Countdown With Keith Olbermann.

He said Obama should have "com[e] in with all the energy from the election and saying, you know what, we're in a crisis mode, I won this election by a sizable mandate -- here's what we're going to do; if you don't like it, Republicans, you can suck on it."

http://rawstory.com/2010/03/maher-obama-shouldve-told-republicans-suck-it/

Werbung:
Maher, per usual, is exactly right. Obama since getting into power has done nothing but kiss Republican and corporatist ass, while continuing many of Bush's idiotic policies...

http://rawstory.com/2010/03/maher-obama-shouldve-told-republicans-suck-it/

I think this does show that President Obama was very sincere when he said he wanted to change the tone in Washington and wanted to work together.

It also shows as usual how untrue the Republicant smears were against him calling him such a radical Liberal when time has shown he is actually quite moderate.

All that said the Republicants time has run out. They are not willing to work together and it's way past time to now get things done.

It's time to pass this Health Insurance Reform Bill and move on to the next improvement.

I think this does show that President Obama was very sincere when he said he wanted to change the tone in Washington and wanted to work together.

It also shows as usual how untrue the Republicant smears were against him calling him such a radical Liberal when time has shown he is actually quite moderate.

All that said the Republicants time has run out. They are not willing to work together and it's way past time to now get things done.

It's time to pass this Health Insurance Reform Bill and move on to the next improvement.

I don't know top gun, maybe President Obama did come to DC to change the tone. However, while attempting to do so, he's ended up allowing himself to be taken advantage of. The only way the Republicans will work with him is if they respect and even fear him.

Bill Clinton used to work with Republicans...didn't take no crap from them either. The Republicans actually DID fear his wrath..and we both remember who the public ended up siding with..

STAND UP TO THE REPUBLICANS!!..That's all I and millions of other Democrats want out of President Obama. It shouldn't be too much to ask..

I don't know top gun, maybe President Obama did come to DC to change the tone. However, while attempting to do so, he's ended up allowing himself to be taken advantage of. The only way the Republicans will work with him is if they respect and even fear him.

Bill Clinton used to work with Republicans...didn't take no crap from them either. The Republicans actually DID fear his wrath..and we both remember who the public ended up siding with..

STAND UP TO THE REPUBLICANS!!..That's all I and millions of other Democrats want out of President Obama. It shouldn't be too much to ask..

60 Seats in the Senate. Solid majority in the house. Can't get crap done. Blame Republicans. Yeah, those same Republicans who are such wizards at bamboozling the American people that they got creamed in the last election. Perhaps it's because the more Obama explained his plan the more the American people realized how full of crap his plan was (or was it Harry's plan, or was it Nancy's plan--I never could tell from one day to the next). Yeah, he's been stopped so far, but it hasn't been by the Republicans. But I understand how painful this realization must be. Just click your heels together and chant--there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home. 'Cause the sooner you little munchkins get out of Oz and back to the real world in Kansas, you'll discover the the vast majority of Americans do not embrace Obama's policies.

Obama's Polls hit a new low

YEA!! I REMEMBER the CRUMB"Slick Willie" was IMPEACHED!!

YEA!! I REMEMBER the CRUMB"Slick Willie" was IMPEACHED!!

Yep, impeached by Republican pigs...but not convicted.

And the Republican Congress suffered at the polls for wasting the public's time with their Clinton witch hunt..

Thanks for proving my point always!

Yep, impeached by Republican pigs...but not convicted.

And the Republican Congress suffered at the polls for wasting the public's time with their Clinton witch hunt..

Thanks for proving my point always!

YEA!!! Republicans suffered so much they elected G.W. Bush for TWO FOUR year terms!!

You HAD NO POINT!!

I voted for Obie because I wanted to change things from the Republican/Bush pattern, unfortunately Obie sold out and is doing much of the same crap that George did. I agree with Popeye that Obie should have told the Repubs to bag it, and then gone on to do what he promised the people that he would do. For all the hype, the fact is that Obie turned out to be a warmed over Republican. We need revolution in this country.

Werbung:
I voted for Obie because I wanted to change things from the Republican/Bush pattern, unfortunately Obie sold out and is doing much of the same crap that George did. I agree with Popeye that Obie should have told the Repubs to bag it, and then gone on to do what he promised the people that he would do. For all the hype, the fact is that Obie turned out to be a warmed over Republican. We need revolution in this country.

You're close to the truth... What has happened is we've entered into a class based society. The dominate class, which refuses to share power with anyone, are the media-political-ivy league elites. All modern presidents have been members.

Back