Boehner ends talks with Obama on Debt Ceiling

Little-Acorn

Fox Business is announcing that John Boehner has pulled out of talks with President Obama on the Debt Ceiling. No further details given yet.

Uh oh.

Kudoes to Boehner. Stick to your guns, boy. Republicans have had an (unfortunately well-deserved) reputation for caving to the Democrats and letting them implement more and more liberalism. It's is the one thing that MUST stop. Cold. Period.

You're doing good, John. Keep it up.

Werbung:
As I suspected, Obama kept demanding more and more tax increases. And Boehner turned him down FLAT.

Kudoes to John Boehner. Keep up the good work.

Could this be the first time that the Republicans actually grew a spine, and halted the long enroachment of liberalism into the United States?

Time will tell.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...lks-with-white-house-turns-to-senate-leaders/

Boehner Ends Debt-Limit Talks With White House, Turns to Senate Leaders

Published July 22, 2011
FoxNews.com

House Speaker John Boehner called President Obama Friday to inform him that he is pulling out of talks with him on raising the nation's legal limit to borrow money to avert a government default.

Boehner sent a letter to lawmakers saying, "In the end, we couldn't connect. Not because of different personalities, but because of different visions for our country."

In a hastily arranged news conference in the White House briefing room, a visibly irritated Obama said that "it's hard to understand why Speaker Boehner would walk away from this deal."

"This was an extraordinarily fair deal," he said, explaining that the White House offered $1 trillion in spending cuts and $650 billion in changes to entitlement programs in exchange for $1.2 trillion in new revenues.

Boehner will now work with Senate leaders on an alternative "to find a path forward," he wrote in the letter to lawmakers. But Obama said he wants to see congressional leaders at the White House Saturday to figure out how to avoid a government default.

"We have now run out of time," Obama said.

According to a GOP leadership aide close to the talks, the sides were moving forward toward a total package that would cut $3 trillion to 3.5 trillion over a decade. It would have included an incremental increase in the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling now and force another one late next winter.

But the aide said a disagreement over revenues "blew this up."

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement "it's disappointing that the talks with the White House did not reach a favorable conclusion, and I appreciate the speaker insisting on reduced spending and opposing the president's call for higher taxes on American families and job creators."

"As I've said before, it's time now for the debate to move out of a room in the White House and on to the House and Senate floors where we can debate the best approach to reducing the nation's unsustainable debt," McConnell said.

Wow. "My way or no way." Who ever thought democracy in America would come to that low point.

These inexperienced lawmakers have yet to learn the truth about politics anywhere. What goes around comes around. My guess is that payback for these politicians is going to be painful for them. There will come a day when, to borrow a phrase from Ronald Reagan, they will be forced to crap a pineapple and they are not going to like it.

Wow. "My way or no way." Who ever thought democracy in America would come to that low point.

Anyone watching th government operate from 2008-2010 knew it had already come to that.

These inexperienced lawmakers have yet to learn the truth about politics anywhere. What goes around comes around. My guess is that payback for these politicians is going to be painful for them. There will come a day when, to borrow a phrase from Ronald Reagan, they will be forced to crap a pineapple and they are not going to like it.

Such is life for any politician.

Republicans will not negotiate. Heres what i want them to do,, Leave Washington until Obama comes up a realistic plan. Republicans should walkout like the Democrats did in wisconsin.

Republicans will not negotiate. Heres what i want them to do,, Leave Washington until Obama comes up a realistic plan. Republicans should walkout like the Democrats did in wisconsin.

You believe politicians should just stick to their guns and never compromise? They get their way or nothing happens?

Did you have any brothers and sisters growing up? Is that how things were decided in your family?

RIP US economy...you where nice but the Tea party decided you are not worth it.

Take a step back and truly evaluate the situation. If you have a job earning $100,000 a year, and you have mandatory bills to pay of $10,000 a year, and suddenly your pay is cut to $80,000 a year, your life is not over....you can still pay your mandatory bills.

This debate is not going to ruin the country or the economy. What will do both of those things however is a continued inability to live within our means. Currently, no plan is in place to make that happen....

Even if we increase the debt ceiling, all we have done is bought a little time, then we are right back here again, just that much further down the road to ruin. We have some tough choices, it is time to make them. Cuts have to be made, to ALL programs.

You believe politicians should just stick to their guns and never compromise? They get their way or nothing happens?

Did you have any brothers and sisters growing up? Is that how things were decided in your family?

Well if the Democrats can play that game in wisconsin,, The Republicans can play that game too in Washington. Just like Scott Brown wont bend for the Democrats Obama wont bend for Republicans. The old sayin goes,,If youre gonna play that game were play the same game youre playing.

Well if the Democrats can play that game in wisconsin,, The Republicans can play that game too in Washington. Just like Scott Brown wont bend for the Democrats Obama wont bend for Republicans. The old sayin goes,,If youre gonna play that game were play the same game youre playing.

No wonder with that philosophy you keep on beating a dead horse!

You have such a healthy attitude towards most issues. . . NOT!

Take a step back and truly evaluate the situation. If you have a job earning $100,000 a year, and you have mandatory bills to pay of $10,000 a year, and suddenly your pay is cut to $80,000 a year, your life is not over....you can still pay your mandatory bills.

No. You should have responded with this...

Do not take a step back...take a step forward and fall off the cliff...then we would not have to deal with your kind any more. Oh wonderful that would be.

But, you chose logic. It might work, but I doubt it.

No. You should have responded with this...

But, you chose logic. It might work, but I doubt it.

Your favorite "wealth bucket," Wall Street sure doesn't think it will work!

Your complicite with GOP Chamber of Commerce sure doesn't think it will work!

REASON, and COMPROMISE will work. . .in the long term, not overnight!

Cutting down social welfare, but keeping corporate welfare won't work.

Allowing millionaires and billionaires to carry NONE of the burden of the debts THEY were complicite in creating will not work.

Reason, not stubborn partisanship to please a relatively small group of people whose majority doesn't know what they'are talking about, and believes that all they want is to "get the government out of their medicare," would work. . .
But reason went out the window since the tea party actually began to believe that they were an independant entity of the GOP, when they began to believe that they really were "grassroots," instead of being a cunning creation of the GOP!

Yes, its come around on Obama. Plain stupid of him to try and move the goalposts but stupid is as stupid does. Cantor was right last week when he said there wasn't enough time for a grand deal and they should proceed with a small temp plan. Obama ought to pay attention to the experienced pols.

Just Walkout Republicans,,Tea Party will support you,,Obama cant be negotiated with. negotiating with Obama is like negotiating with the Terrorist and you know youre not gonna win dealing with Obama or against the Terrorist. Israel always negotiating with Hammas and what happends they always release political prisoners Who wins? Hammas!

Werbung:
Just Walkout Republicans,,Tea Party will support you,,Obama cant be negotiated with. negotiating with Obama is like negotiating with the Terrorist and you know youre not gonna win dealing with Obama or against the Terrorist. Israel always negotiating with Hammas and what happends they always release political prisoners Who wins? Hammas!
Good grief! Where do you get your information?

However, in this case, Obama just locked up his reelection, and it looks like most Republican House members are in for the campaign of their lives. It is hard to believe that even 25% of the TEA Party candidates will be reelected in 2012.

I know a couple of states with Republican House members, and their chances of reelection seem pretty slim. And "pretty slim" is a high estimate.

Back