Breaking the shackles of faith

After reading a few of the posts I'm reminded of this: "It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Got to love free speech! It helps identify the fools. :D

Werbung:
Uhuh

It has always been apparent even with intellectual atheists they have an overweeinging confidence in a human rationality which, although insolently disavowing supernatural direction, asserts its own infallibility.

Our Laws are derived from immortal laws; the higher happiness is moral happiness and the cause of suffering is moral evil. Pride, ambition, avarice, revenge, lust, sedition, hypocrisy, ungoverned zeal, disorderly appetites, these vices are the actual causes of the storms that trouble life. Religion, morals, laws, prerogatives, priviliges, liberties, rights of men, are the pretexts for revolution by sentimental humanitarians and mischievous agitators who think that established institutions must be the source of our afflictions. Wise men of a civilized society will apply their remedies to vices, not to institutions or professional titles.

Often men may not realize the meaning of their immemorial prejudices and customs- indeed, even the most intelligent of men (which I myself fall victim too) cannot hope to understand all the secrets of traditional morals and social arrangements; but we may be sure that providence, acting through the medium of human trial and error, has developed every hoary habit for some important purpose.

It has always been apparent even with intellectual atheists they have an overweeinging confidence in a human rationality which, although insolently disavowing supernatural direction, asserts its own infallibility.

Christians commit evil deeds too. Believing in a religion doesn't stop you from commiting evil deeds.

Our Laws are derived from immortal laws;

Well thats just not true is it. Even Americas law is not based upon Christianitys 'immortal laws.' Western laws are set by the set of morals that have developed with humanity over the centuries, and it is pretty much the same all over the world. Only civillisations that have not had contact for hundreds of years have different morals. Religions are not what gives people morals, they just complicate the process.

the higher happiness is moral happiness and the cause of suffering is moral evil. Pride, ambition, avarice, revenge, lust, sedition, hypocrisy, ungoverned zeal, disorderly appetites, these vices are the actual causes of the storms that trouble life. Religion, morals, laws, prerogatives, priviliges, liberties, rights of men, are the pretexts for revolution by sentimental humanitarians and mischievous agitators who think that established institutions must be the source of our afflictions. Wise men of a civilized society will apply their remedies to vices, not to institutions or professional titles.

Often men may not realize the meaning of their immemorial prejudices and customs- indeed, even the most intelligent of men (which I myself fall victim too) cannot hope to understand all the secrets of traditional morals and social arrangements; but we may be sure that providence, acting through the medium of human trial and error, has developed every hoary habit for some important purpose.

This was a really intelligent post, with no personal attacks or anything. But then you just come out with this underlying arrogance by proclaiming yourself to be one of the worlds most intelligent men. If this is the case, then why haven't I heard of you? Why are you not leading the country, why are you merely a soldier as I believe you said you were. Why are you just as famous as the rest of us, posting annonymously on an internet forum?

You are certainly a wordsmith, but underneath you hate atheism just like I hate organized religon. I don't hate religion for what it stands for, thats just funny to me because its based on what your elders tell you and blind trust of that. I hate religion because of all the strings attached, and I can see you hate atheism for the same reason. There, we find common ground in one huge oxymoron.

You, for some reason, believe a society without mass organized religion will be a huge anarchaic civillisation of loose/no morals. What the case actually is is tha religion is needed when the going is tough and there are lots of unanswered questions. However, as humans find more of the answers and life gets easier, they become content with not knowing what is coming when they die and religion slowly fades out of need.

Some of your post has made me hate you less, despite the fact I disagree with it.

Our Laws are derived from immortal laws; the higher happiness is moral happiness and the cause of suffering is moral evil. Pride, ambition, avarice, revenge, lust, sedition, hypocrisy, ungoverned zeal, disorderly appetites, these vices are the actual causes of the storms that trouble life. Religion, morals, laws, prerogatives, priviliges, liberties, rights of men, are the pretexts for revolution by sentimental humanitarians and mischievous agitators who think that established institutions must be the source of our afflictions. Wise men of a civilized society will apply their remedies to vices, not to institutions or professional titles.

You might want to consider a nice relaxing cruise. :D

Hmmm

I've already proven you wrong Sublime on your intial bogus agenda as well as denounced you and professed to assert what you are. However, it has to my abhorrence, I believe, backfired against me to my own being discredited in character which I cannot allow or let grow to a false circulated understanding. I felt it is nobler and wise to instead of ending this on the elevation it is, to take you to school when proving you wrong and if I could not prove you wrong without a shadow of a doubt, I could at least take you to the conservative school which would polarize this argument.

Christians commit evil deeds too. Believing in a religion doesn't stop you from commiting evil deeds.

I've never argued it did but this is a point of reason and not a point of rationale. In truth, man's base spirit is the fountain of evil which is why compilations of human behavior and occurences gave way to morality in the first place!

Well thats just not true is it. Even Americas law is not based upon Christianity's 'immortal laws.' Western laws are set by the set of morals that have developed with humanity over the centuries, and it is pretty much the same all over the world. Only civillisations that have not had contact for hundreds of years have different morals.

Firstly, I am no longer discussing Christianity specifically but morality which Christianity has laid and supported which of course is quite obviously the origin of the presently perverted Western Law.

Religions are not what gives people morals, they just complicate the process.

I'd love to see you substantiate this erroneous claim.

This was a really intelligent post, with no personal attacks or anything. But then you just come out with this underlying arrogance by proclaiming yourself to be one of the worlds most intelligent men.

If you thought that is what I meant, well that's just silly. What I was trying to illustrate was everyone even my arrogant self will be mistaken and not know all the facets of social and national stability and integrity.

You are certainly a wordsmith, but underneath you hate atheism just like I hate organized religon. I don't hate religion for what it stands for, thats just funny to me because its based on what your elders tell you and blind trust of that.

Blind, huh? It's school time. Human beings participate in the accumulated experience of their innumerable ancestors; very little is totally forgotten. Only a small part of this knowledge, however, is formalized in literature and deliberate instruction; the greater part remains embedded in instinct, comon custom, prejudice, and ancient usage. Ignore this enormous bulk of racial knowledge or tinker impudently with it, and man is left awfully afloat in a sea of emotions and ambitions, with only the scanty stock of formal learning and the puny resources of individual reason to sustain them.Therefore you are clearly not only an opponent of religion, but you are also an opponent of morality because you have denied the obvious and natural truth that religion is the primary source of morality and criticized the believing that morality is really carefully accumulated ancestral guidance and code. This is why I labeled atheists as 'splatters of Mainstreet Vomit' and declared you are dishonest from the very beginning.

I hate religion because of all the strings attached, and I can see you hate atheism for the same reason. There, we find common ground in one huge oxymoron.
Without close speculation, this is an apparently fair, accurate statement but in truth, it isn't. I do not hate atheism because of its belief but I hate it for it's anti-cultural, anti-national, and anti-ancestral ways as well the cost of its influence and prevalence on society.

You, for some reason, believe a society without mass organized religion will be a huge anarchaic civillisation of loose/no morals. What the case actually is is tha religion is needed when the going is tough and there are lots of unanswered questions. However, as humans find more of the answers and life gets easier, they become content with not knowing what is coming when they die and religion slowly fades out of need.

This is something yet to be seen. But such an argument is meant for another time.

Some of your post has made me hate you less, despite the fact I disagree with it.

While, I thought it fair to treat you more respectably, I still hate you and your kind all the same. I hate Muslims because they wish to do my kind and I conventional physical harm, but I hate atheists and liberals perhaps even more because they wish to do my kind and I psychological and emotional harm which is far further reaching, will last longer, and more people will endure. Ptooee.
In fact I will even go as far to assert that understood Atheists are not really people who don't believe in God but atheist extremists who are against God, which in turn is Evil. Adding up what I know which has proven itself once again, I will conclude that Sublime is truly an Evil person and can only be looked at as such. And as you know, people who are evil are the mouthpieces of misery and above all, like this man want to turn people against God.

I don't try and force my agnostic/increasingly atheist views on anyone so I don't see how I am causing you any kind of emotional harm.

No, you're just a blind coward who'd rather denounce political opinion rather than study its evidence or implementation. In reality, I'm a paleoconservative. I'm no trailer trash and am a better man than most you'll ever meet. Because I can talk bluntly about things I've cared to research and learn about, does not make me trash but you just an ignorant fool. In other words, stop with your shallow, anti-western, liberal BS and read a Goddamn book.

Sin of Pride, Justinian;)

HA

I don't try and force my agnostic/increasingly atheist views on anyone so I don't see how I am causing you any kind of emotional harm.

You're in complete denial sublime in every way and in everything you've done regarding this post. Once again, you're being dishonest and are either trying to defend yourself or think you can take people for fools. At least you are doing it in a very mundane way with haste and not trying to cleverly hide your agenda like before. But that is a lie and you are an evil, despicable man. If you attempt to refute this in defense, it is also a lie because of your own dishonest, destructive actions already permeated.

Hmmm

Sin of Pride, Justinian;)

I appreciate you pointing that out to me but in truth, I am neither entirely bombastic nor entirely modest. There are times when I've relished in my own accomplishments to extremes and other times when I didn't profess the slightest bit of superiority or superior knowledge atall. I maintain that I am not a better man than most you will meet because of pride but because of a self-consuming remorse.

You're in complete denial sublime in every way and in everything you've done regarding this post. Once again, you're being dishonest and are either trying to defend yourself or think you can take people for fools. At least you are doing it in a very mundane way with haste and not trying to cleverly hide your agenda like before. But that is a lie and you are an evil, despicable man. If you attempt to refute this in defense, it is also a lie because of your own dishonest, destructive actions already permeated.

Why am I lying when I say I don't try and force my relgious beliefs on anyone. Outside of a discussion forum, I don't tell anyone really about what I believe when they ask. I simply say agnostic and try and deflect the conversation to something else because I hate other people trying to tell me what to believe in.

Hmm

Why am I lying when I say I don't try and force my relgious beliefs on anyone. Outside of a discussion forum, I don't tell anyone really about what I believe when they ask. I simply say agnostic and try and deflect the conversation to something else because I hate other people trying to tell me what to believe in.

You have because you've come on to this assumed higher place of knowledge and understanding and have tried to convince people that the actual personal practice of religion is wrong and unwise. And to say you hate other people trying to tell you what to believe in, yet you believe in nothing is sheer stupidity. I was tempted to say it was foolishness but a fool doesn't know what's good for them when you profess to know you do yet your own understanding is elementally meaningless and non-existant.

I appreciate you pointing that out to me but in truth, I am neither entirely bombastic nor entirely modest. There are times when I've relished in my own accomplishments to extremes and other times when I didn't profess the slightest bit of superiority or superior knowledge atall. I maintain that I am not a better man than most you will meet because of pride but because of a self-consuming remorse.

Yeah, you're the sorriest guy I've ever seen.

Color me skeptical, Justinian, but isn't "remorse" (especially "all-consuming" remorse) supposed to involve acts of contrition, not unilateral verbal assaults on other cultures and beliefs?

Werbung:
You have because you've come on to this assumed higher place of knowledge and understanding and have tried to convince people that the actual personal practice of religion is wrong and unwise.

Yes, I have come on here to tell people my views because this isnt the real world, this is a place to tell people your views and beliefs.

If this place is pathetic to you, as you sarcastically call it a higher place of knowledge, why do you stay here? If you truely are a better man that I ever will meet, and you don't think anyone here is worthy of your time, leave. Leave this place to people who enjoy a debate rather than hate it.

Back