1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

BUSHCO vs. Consistancy

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

"President Bush has long touted clean coal technology as a potential solution to global warming. In 2006, he insisted that the United States is “spending quite a bit of money here at the federal level to come up with clean-coal technologies.” During Monday’s State of the Union address, Bush said, “Let us fund new technologies that can generate coal power while capturing carbon emissions.”

Yet just 24 hours after his SOTU declaration, Bush’s Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman indicated the White House was pulling the plug on the ambitious FutureGen project..."

At least he's maintaining his Momentum. :rolleyes:

2. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Maybe its just me, a genuine Bush dissident, but with his lame duck status, I am just ticking time until he is gone. I find quite a bit of irony in the Bush desire to get things on the right path for the next President. He gets his most lofty legislative ambitions in the very year they never will.
    Considering the election year, war time, very very little controversial legislation will go anywhere.

3. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

.....Just one o' the many benefits of being a War-Time President; everything-else is relegated to Trivial-status. :mad:

4. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

....While our "credit-card" balance keeps growing!!