can a republican win weiners seat?

Werbung:
Today is the special election and so far the exit polls say they are just about even. This is a very very democrat district, why is an unknown republican with no money even close?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/276093/new-poll-race-weiners-seat-tied-patrick-brennan

Without knowing the candidates, it's hard to say.

Voters don't always vote for the party. Sometimes, enough of them vote for the candidate they think can do the best job, regardless of party.

How does heavily Democratic California wind up with a Republican governor every so often? Schwartznagger was a Republican, though not very conservative one, but Reagan? How did Reagan win the California governorship?

Sometimes issues and personalities matter more than party. IMO, issues and personality should always be the determining factor.

Without knowing the candidates, it's hard to say.

Voters don't always vote for the party. Sometimes, enough of them vote for the candidate they think can do the best job, regardless of party.

How does heavily Democratic California wind up with a Republican governor every so often? Schwartznagger was a Republican, though not very conservative one, but Reagan? How did Reagan win the California governorship?

Sometimes issues and personalities matter more than party. IMO, issues and personality should always be the determining factor.

He is an unknown with little to no money, heck I read his name but forgot it already, the votes should be counted by now I should check out who won

i just think its weird that an unknown with no money can even compete in a very very democrat district

at least scott brown got a lot of publicity on talk radio and fox news, this guy hasn't even gotten that

so even if he does not win it shows me that an unknown without a whole lot of money can compete at least sometimes

The Democratic candidate is a clunker. He's made some bad mistakes in the campaign, including not being upset about the $4 trillion debt. He was surprised to learn its actually $14 trillion. He is seen as a machine guy and is not particularly popular or well known.

The Democratic candidate is a clunker. He's made some bad mistakes in the campaign, including not being upset about the $4 trillion debt. He was surprised to learn its actually $14 trillion. He is seen as a machine guy and is not particularly popular or well known.

do you know who won?

it seems to me that is what they said when scott brown won in mass.

the other candidate wasn't up to snuff

The Tea Party people will put a republican in weiners seat. and FYI i love Fox News
smiley_tongue_fierce.gif

So, you don't think it is strange that a republican is doing so well in a really democrat district?

no, there is alot of anger in general, and its following a scandal...and everyone is always for the unknown guy...because unknowns are empty vessles that the voted fills with there own ideas...its only when they become known and there problems and where they actually stand on the issues come out that they turn away.

Take a moderate voters...no you...a right down the middle moderate..
he has to vote for
A. A canidate who has angered him on a few issues but more then 50% of the time still is on the right side of the issues for them...but they are very mad about a few of those issues he did not agree with

Now they can Vote for them....or the unknown from the other party...They may lean to the other guy...

Now they find out that he is fairly far to the extream while the other guy is slightly off from center but not to far...and turns out that on 75% of the issues he does not agree with them ..and a few are key issues....Now knowing this info that was not known before...what happens...they vote for the one they are not happy with but is still pretty close..

the one you don't know has no faults because you know nothing...

no, there is alot of anger in general, and its following a scandal...and everyone is always for the unknown guy...because unknowns are empty vessles that the voted fills with there own ideas...its only when they become known and there problems and where they actually stand on the issues come out that they turn away.

Take a moderate voters...no you...a right down the middle moderate..
he has to vote for
A. A canidate who has angered him on a few issues but more then 50% of the time still is on the right side of the issues for them...but they are very mad about a few of those issues he did not agree with

Now they can Vote for them....or the unknown from the other party...They may lean to the other guy...

Now they find out that he is fairly far to the extream while the other guy is slightly off from center but not to far...and turns out that on 75% of the issues he does not agree with them ..and a few are key issues....Now knowing this info that was not known before...what happens...they vote for the one they are not happy with but is still pretty close..

the one you don't know has no faults because you know nothing...

So you think the scandal from A. wiener would make them go the other way? I wouldn't vote for or against a new guy based on what the old guy did but I guess that could be for some folks. I think both are fairly unknown candidates. The news report said even in that district obama support was lower than 48, I think that plays into it but I have no way to know for sure.

Werbung:
Back