1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

car insurance less in Alberta than B.C.

Discussion in 'World Politics' started by UShadItComing, Aug 7, 2008.

1. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

2. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

When everyone drives a dogsled, how many car accidents can there be?

3. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Hwy 63 between Edmonton and Fort McMurray is one of the most heavily traveled and dangerous highways in Canada. Of course we all know what is located in northern Alberta....oil in the form of the tar sands.

4. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Well, why don't they route some of the dogsleds elsewhere? :p

5. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

Have you travelled that highway? I have but I never did it when it was busy. I was able to choose when to leave Syncrude/Suncor/Ft.Mac.

By dogsled of course.

6. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Let's compare evidence. I brought actual quotes from companies operating in Canada. I brought evidence of statements and quotations from real customers of ICBC. I brought detailed reports from organization that exist in B.C. with data on the differences.

You have one single web site, that I can't find an author on, I can't find any citations for, no supporting evidence. No collected data, or first hand experience. No quotes from customers. No comparative data, not so much as a single example of anything. Only a statement of hearsay that BC is one of the three cheapest (not even a hint at evidence of that), and that insurance costs between $945 to $1400, (not a single comparison to anywhere else, and no citation to support it) both of which are 75% higher than my insurance.

Now, to be honest, I'll buy that is possible premiums are cheaper in B.C., you just have to provide much better support than this un-supported, un-verified, non-credible source.

I prefer real customer statements. I value the word of the public over the word of some unnamed web site. I prefer real stories and quotes over some disconnected news article opinion page.

Better yet, tell me the car you drive, and the rate you pay, and I'll compare on my own... we can trust you unlike all those other Canadians right?

7. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

You must be right Andy because you always are and I have found the missing link! (no pun intended)

Now all you have to do is click on the links below the paragraph on Canada. First for Alberta and then for B.C. And don't get that backwards cause that's where I went wrong.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/08/07/swat-team-raids-mayo.html

8. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

Now when I try to help Andy prove his point he starts to ignore me!