Creating the Carbon-Credit Bubble

Cap and trade has failed in Europe. Green jobs in Spain kill 2 jobs for every 1 job created.

What the hell is this govt doing? This is simply another way to force Americans into doing what the politicians think is best for us.

At the same time, they will cause jobs to leave the U.S. to go to the countries where there are no cap and trade regulations.

It is unbelievable that our govt is even considering something at a time when the U.S. needs jobs now more than ever.

I think this Administration has its head up its @ss as far as the eye can see and has no way of pulling it out.

Werbung:
Yes that is the entire reason for it To slow greenhouse gases and to conserve energy resources. It's very similar to when the government mandated that the production of leaded gasoline be stopped or that their had to be expensive catalytic converters placed on all vehicle exhaust systems.

Happens all the time.

There is no loan... this isn't about loans... have no idea where you're coming up with this stuff... this is a type of regulation plain & simple.

Well we've made some progress already. You finally called it a mandate (or regulation).;)

It's bigger as a single thing, yes. But it's in the natural progression of things of this sort. It was hugely opposed getting rid of leaded gas. Car manufacturers swore that this deadly pollutant had to be in the mix. Same with not wanting to have to install catalytic converters... now both unleaded gas & catalytic converters are the cleaner standard and in use on every car sold now for decades. Same with scrubbers or any of the other 1000's of antipollution regulations put on the books.

As we find new problems we address them.

You are missing my whole point. My point is not about the carbon that will be limited, it is about the carbon trading market that will be established to trade carbon credits. That is where problem will be for what I am talking about.

Of course Cap and Trade has other problems, but I am focusing solely on the carbon credit exchange market that will arise from this legislation. It will be a market worth billions or even trillions, and it will be backed with no tangible assets. That is a recipe for disaster.

Werbung:
You are missing my whole point. My point is not about the carbon that will be limited, it is about the carbon trading market that will be established to trade carbon credits. That is where problem will be for what I am talking about.

Of course Cap and Trade has other problems, but I am focusing solely on the carbon credit exchange market that will arise from this legislation. It will be a market worth billions or even trillions, and it will be backed with no tangible assets. That is a recipe for disaster.

So politicians and their friends get to make billions by making and trading nothing? What a sweet deal.

Back