Cutting The U.S.-Military Budget!!

Mr. Shaman

THIS seems a good-place to start!!!​

"Taylor, who had been highly decorated for his service aboard the USS Antietam, was the chief of military police at BNAS, commanding a staff of about seventy MPs. Shortly after his arrival at BNAS, he came to recognize that rather than serving a strategic military purpose, the base functioned mainly as a taxpayer-subsidized vacation spot for high-ranking officials.

"We're not running a military installation," Taylor told ABC. "We're running a Howard Johnson's."

In accordance with Taylor's claims, the IG report counted an inordinately high number of officer and VIP visits for a base that had one plane and no ships, and that was, according to ABC, "a cold war military relic that has outlived its usefulness."

Werbung:
Oh yeah, that would be my first choice! :rolleyes:

Let's keep the pork barrel stuff. Let's keep the recreation and gyms in the prisons and cut these "respits" for those putting their lives on the line for us all! Who do they think they are having a place to go relax?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh yeah, that would be my first choice! :rolleyes:

Let's keep the pork barrel stuff. Let's keep the recreation and gyms in the prisons and cut these "respits" for those putting their lives on the line for us all!
I'm thinkin' a Chief Of MPs would have better evaluation-criteria, than you.

(Hope you didn't wrinkle your flag, there.) :rolleyes:

oh joy lets gut our military and then we can be panty waste weak as france and other like countries.

got to love this hope and change crap

No lets cut spending, but not one of the biggest chunks of spending, also one that is full of wast, no ignore that. So you can fly your little flags and say we stupport the troops more then you, even if we support them by funding things we dont need and wast. You want smaller goverment , you better talk about military spending then, ships we build that we dont need ( even the pentagon says we dont need) to buy votes for some congressmen, money wasted on programs that dont work, and money taken from where we need it ...Medical care for our troops, better pay for our troops, and just out tax dollars wasted..

but no dont cut any spending on military ,even if you cant even come up with a good reason we need it, just spend to spend .

No lets cut spending, but not one of the biggest chunks of spending, also one that is full of wast, no ignore that. So you can fly your little flags and say we stupport the troops more then you, even if we support them by funding things we dont need and wast. You want smaller goverment , you better talk about military spending then, ships we build that we dont need ( even the pentagon says we dont need) to buy votes for some congressmen, money wasted on programs that dont work, and money taken from where we need it ...Medical care for our troops, better pay for our troops, and just out tax dollars wasted..

but no dont cut any spending on military ,even if you cant even come up with a good reason we need it, just spend to spend .

If you want to talk about waste, how about Franklin Raines and Fannie Mae, that your lefties in congress supported as it crashed, then bailed out after Raines milked the bonuses while fudging the numbers and left town with the cash? If you want to talk about waste, I'll be more than happy to spam the forum with money wasted by democrats.

No, we spend on the military, because unlike all the crap Obama wants to blow money on, military and defense is the one single most important and constitutional duties of the federal government.

Of course, the constitution dismissing Obama, and those that support him, don't care. Which of course will lead to a tyrannical government, but they will of course blame republicans for their actions.

If you want to talk about waste, how about Franklin Raines and Fannie Mae, that your lefties in congress supported as it crashed, then bailed out after Raines milked the bonuses while fudging the numbers and left town with the cash? If you want to talk about waste, I'll be more than happy to spam the forum with money wasted by democrats.

No, we spend on the military, because unlike all the crap Obama wants to blow money on, military and defense is the one single most important and constitutional duties of the federal government.

Of course, the constitution dismissing Obama, and those that support him, don't care. Which of course will lead to a tyrannical government, but they will of course blame republicans for their actions.

im sorry did I ever support Fannie mae or anything? Nope
Whos plan was that bail out that helped them? Wait started at the Bush White house I belive
I would have them them all go under screw them all
, but that just me, you know a liberal.

And so since the military is important as if you read any post by me you would know I agree with, that means we dont ever ever ever look into wasteful spending by it? we spend more on the Military then the next like 10 nations total, but we cant ask if its spent right now can we? no got to support the troops. and by troops I mean congressmen who pass junk bills and pork add ons to military programs that are failed, way off budget, and or not needed anymore....but nooo that's UnAmerican now , must hate the troops if you say he you know what, that system does not work, lets end it and cut the funds and save the tax payers some money.

also what do I care if you point out spending by Dems? I dont know how many times I have to say it, I am not a Democrat. I am a Independence party member who works against them, in every race, outside of president as we don't have anyone running for President ( almost did)

I am ok with cuts in the military where they can AFTER they cut the crap in other areas in social programs.

I dont know if I even think we should cut the military, but for sure we need to find the waste in the military and put that money to the troops who need medical help or new armour or what ever they need

im sorry did I ever support Fannie mae or anything? Nope
Whos plan was that bail out that helped them? Wait started at the Bush White house I belive
I would have them them all go under screw them all
, but that just me, you know a liberal.

But see, you don't say "screw them all". I see you yelling and screaming about republicans, but rarely about democrats, who do the same thing!

No, the bail out of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was not Bush's. You are confusing 2 separate events. The second bail out of private sector business, was supported by Bush, and I disagreed with him on it. The first was a democrat bill, supported by dems, writen by dems, passed by dems.

And it was the bail out of a problem caused by dems refusing to deal with Fannie Mae, and Franklin Raines when the republicans brought up the issue repeatedly. That is 100% the fault of the democrats. Zero fault anywhere else. No one else had to do with that situation.

And so since the military is important as if you read any post by me you would know I agree with, that means we dont ever ever ever look into wasteful spending by it? we spend more on the Military then the next like 10 nations total, but we cant ask if its spent right now can we? no got to support the troops. and by troops I mean congressmen who pass junk bills and pork add ons to military programs that are failed, way off budget, and or not needed anymore....but nooo that's UnAmerican now , must hate the troops if you say he you know what, that system does not work, lets end it and cut the funds and save the tax payers some money.

also what do I care if you point out spending by Dems? I dont know how many times I have to say it, I am not a Democrat. I am a Independence party member who works against them, in every race, outside of president as we don't have anyone running for President ( almost did)

You are missing the point. The reason I'm pointing out the other spending is because our constitution says there are specific things that we should be spending on, and nothing else.

Right now the "nothing else" part of the budget is 4 times larger than the constitutional things we should be spending on.

In the 2009 budget, we are spending $3.226 Trillion.
Of that, only $800 Billion is national security and military.

Think about that.
$2.426 Trillion dollars is going to things, that for the most part, are not constitutional. Things we constitutionally should not be funding anyway.

Yet, here the leftists among us want to focus are cost cutting on 24% of the budget, that is constitutional, and ignore the massive fraud and waste in the 76% of the budget, that isn't constitutional to begin with.

Do you not see a problem here? Here's a thought... let's focus on the unconstitutional spending first, then deal with the prime directive of the federal government, in military spending. You think maybe we can afford a vacation spot for our fighting military men and women after we slim the budget by $2.426 Trillion dollars of unconstitutional spending? Why yes, yes we can. Hope and Change my friend. Constitutional style. :D

Werbung:
Back