Cutting The U.S.-Military Budget!!

But see, you don't say "screw them all". I see you yelling and screaming about republicans, but rarely about democrats, who do the same thing!

No, the bail out of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was not Bush's. You are confusing 2 separate events. The second bail out of private sector business, was supported by Bush, and I disagreed with him on it. The first was a democrat bill, supported by dems, writen by dems, passed by dems.

And it was the bail out of a problem caused by dems refusing to deal with Fannie Mae, and Franklin Raines when the republicans brought up the issue repeatedly. That is 100% the fault of the democrats. Zero fault anywhere else. No one else had to do with that situation.

You are missing the point. The reason I'm pointing out the other spending is because our constitution says there are specific things that we should be spending on, and nothing else.

Right now the "nothing else" part of the budget is 4 times larger than the constitutional things we should be spending on.

In the 2009 budget, we are spending $3.226 Trillion.
Of that, only $800 Billion is national security and military.

Think about that.
$2.426 Trillion dollars is going to things, that for the most part, are not constitutional. Things we constitutionally should not be funding anyway.

Yet, here the leftists among us want to focus are cost cutting on 24% of the budget, that is constitutional, and ignore the massive fraud and waste in the 76% of the budget, that isn't constitutional to begin with.

Do you not see a problem here? Here's a thought... let's focus on the unconstitutional spending first, then deal with the prime directive of the federal government, in military spending. You think maybe we can afford a vacation spot for our fighting military men and women after we slim the budget by $2.426 Trillion dollars of unconstitutional spending? Why yes, yes we can. Hope and Change my friend. Constitutional style. :D

so wasteful spending, so long as you see it as constitutional is OK? You just dont like the other programs, but waste is waste is waste. Pork is pork. But when the pork comes out of something you like, you dont seem to care that much.

Werbung:
Cynthia McKenny is running as an Independent. Why don't you know that if you are one?

go do your research before you talk ok? INDEPENDANCE PARTY, Not a independent Candidate. Nader is a independent, he has nothing to do with he INDPENDANCE PARTY. The Independence party is Centrist not Liberal. Now go back to your mindless rants lacking in facts ok

No I didn't research that one. R-E-A-D my previous post. Why don't you go play with your "shells". Sounds like you need to! LOL

so wasteful spending, so long as you see it as constitutional is OK? You just dont like the other programs, but waste is waste is waste. Pork is pork. But when the pork comes out of something you like, you dont seem to care that much.

Is that what I said? I said let's deal with unconstitutional spending first, then move to cutting constitutional things. Why is this such a hard concept? Maybe you are the one that doesn't care so much about the massive wasteful spending of unconstitutional programs.

No, I disagree with you there. Pork on things prohibited by the constitution to fund, are much worse than pork on things that are the constitutional duty of the federal government. Why?

Because they shouldn't exist to begin with! Medicare is unconstitutional. So let's not beat around the bush about pork, and cut the whole program, instead of trying to trim up an entire pork program.

It's like trying to trim the fat off of a bit of rotting meat. The entire program is unconstitutional. Let's save a ton of money and kill the whole thing.

Instead, we're trying to trim the fat from a lean prime rib. The military is a good thing, and is the constitutional duty of the federal government.

What this really boils down to is, you and those of the same ideology on this issue, are a penny wise, and a dollar stupid. You are more worried about that little 24% of the budget that is constitutional, than you are about the 76% of the budget that is all crap and unconstitutional. You are going to save us a few billion on a few things here, and then blow $2.426 Trillion on crap. Bad plan!

oh joy lets gut our military and then we can be panty waste weak as france and other like countries.

got to love this hope and change crap
Yeah.....Republicans are alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about National $ecurity. :rolleyes:

"Since returning to public office, these disturbing patterns have continued. In a scathing exposé of Halliburton's military contracts, for example, the New York Times revealed that the vice president's old company had been the main beneficiary of the Pentagon's rush to build anti-terrorism military bases around the world."

Werbung:
No, the bail out of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was not Bush's. You are confusing 2 separate events. The second bail out of private sector business, was supported by Bush, and I disagreed with him on it. The first was a democrat bill, supported by dems, writen by dems, passed by dems.
Yeah.....we need to give The Marketplace more of an ability to Regulate Itself. :rolleyes:

Back