Did Obama's short list just get shorter?

Pandora

At first Edwards denied the affair but just now.....Breaking news!!

Edwards just admitted it was true. He has been having an affair, though he says he did not love the woman he stayed with her for the sake of their baby.

I wonder if he is off the short list for VP ?

Werbung:
At first Edwards denied the affair but just now.....Breaking news!!

Edwards just admitted it was true. He has been having an affair, though he says he did not love the woman he stayed with her for the sake of their baby.

I wonder if he is off the short list for VP ?

You've got a few things wrong here. First off, I don't believe Edwards was ever on any short list. Democrats are notorious for not going with losers of previous elections. Secondly, I'm not sure where you got that "he stayed with her for the sake of their baby" stuff as he currently denies that the baby is his.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/100/story/114247.html

You've got a few things wrong here. First off, I don't believe Edwards was ever on any short list. Democrats are notorious for not going with losers of previous elections. Secondly, I'm not sure where you got that "he stayed with her for the sake of their baby" stuff as he currently denies that the baby is his.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/100/story/114247.html

I got it from cnn about 5 min before I posted. I have been flipping from CNN to FOX to pmsnbc and the story seems to be a bit differnt from each network. but apparently he will have a meeting tonight to clear up more of the story.

I think he was on an old short list up until about 3 weeks ago. Though I am sure the short list was pretty long. When I do my weekly polls he is one of the picks for who I think should be picked for vp. Only in the very last poll I did was his name not an option.

I do wonder though if this will help or hurt is political future. With the D party I can see it going either way :)

He was my boss's first pick but he settled for Obama.

John Edwards was never on Obama's short list for VP. Everyone knows that... there was no buzz at all about Edwards on any ticket.

But I like John Edwards myself. I think in a lot of ways these consensual adult affairs are used to hit someone over the head just because they're in politics when if they were in any other vocation it would just be a personal "work it out or divorce matter".

That said if we must beat people about the head and face :)... out of old John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Senator Obama. Senator Obama seems to be the only one that hasn't skirt chased while married or been subjected to infidelity from the other half.

I really like Senator Obama!

John Edwards was never on Obama's short list for VP. Everyone knows that... there was no buzz at all about Edwards on any ticket.

But I like John Edwards myself. I think in a lot of ways these consensual adult affairs are used to hit someone over the head just because they're in politics when if they were in any other vocation it would just be a personal "work it out or divorce matter".

That said if we must beat people about the head and face :)... out of old John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Senator Obama. Senator Obama seems to be the only one that hasn't skirt chased while married or been subjected to infidelity from the other half.

I am glad you like Obama. It has to be better to actually like someone rather than loathe one a bit less than you loathe anohter..

and I agree you wont find Obama in a sex scandal with any women :p

I got it from cnn about 5 min before I posted. I have been flipping from CNN to FOX to pmsnbc and the story seems to be a bit differnt from each network. but apparently he will have a meeting tonight to clear up more of the story.

I think he was on an old short list up until about 3 weeks ago. Though I am sure the short list was pretty long. When I do my weekly polls he is one of the picks for who I think should be picked for vp. Only in the very last poll I did was his name not an option.

I do wonder though if this will help or hurt is political future. With the D party I can see it going either way :)

He was my boss's first pick but he settled for Obama.
cuz republicans would never ignore it later cough couhg Newt, Rudi.....

and shocking if Fox has a story different.

][]John Edwards was never on Obama's short list for VP. [/B]Everyone knows that... there was no buzz at all about Edwards on any ticket.

But I like John Edwards myself. I think in a lot of ways these consensual adult affairs

:rolleyes: Note how "betraying your wife" becomes "consensual adult affairs" in morality-free libspeak.

Actually this has the potential to help Obama by highlighting McCain's similar behavior....screwing around on your disabled wife.

cuz republicans would never ignore it later cough couhg Newt, Rudi.....

and shocking if Fox has a story different.

I do not think Newt could get elected anything after what he did.
and as you can see Rudi didnt get past first base with the voters in 08.

There will always be some who do not care about a persons past, like some repubs like david duke but most do not.

some dems still adore teddy even after every seedy thing he did in his life. Kerry too.

Lots of dems stood up and said no way to teddy when he tried to run
many stood up and said no way to kerry

If I were a dem and edwards was in Obama's place, I dont know that his affair would effect my vote. Continuing to lie would though.

:rolleyes: Note how "betraying your wife" becomes "consensual adult affairs" in morality-free libspeak.

Oh GOD YES! We all no Conservative/Republicans don't cheat (with women maybe).:D

You know Lib you're so Holy I bet if a murderer said 2 + 2 = 4 you'd try and use that as an argument against math, huh...:D

Trying to carry on an adult conversation though... No one is saying it's right. But that doesn't change the fact that it only takes such a professional toll in the political spotlight. That's all I'm saying.

But since you bring morals up... wonder why it is the hookers say they always do more business at the Republican National Convention?

I think we know.;)

ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS

'More business' from GOP

...Too bad for Watson and others like him that Denver didn't land the GOP convention instead, said Carol Leigh, a San Francisco prostitute "over 50" who has traveled to previous Democratic conventions in Los Angeles and Atlanta.

"It would be a lot better for the sex workers if it was the Republican convention," she said.

"We get a lot more business. I don't know if they're just frustrated because of the family values agenda," she said.

When the Republican convention was held in New York in 2004, some sex workers offered limited-time discounts, according to New York Magazine, which ran a feature story titled "The Girls in Their Summer Hot Pants."

Oh GOD YES We all no Conservative/Republicans don't cheat (with women maybe)

I dont think anyone was saying republicans dont cheat too. The point was when it is a republican the dems are right on it like rabid dogs, when it is a dem there are always excuses why it wasnt so bad.

both suck, why cant we at least be consistant that both suck.

I think time will show the dems also have a member who has an issue with cheating but not with women :) that will be excused no less...............

Werbung:
Back