Do you read banned books?

Do you read banned books?

• I read only what the Post-Autistic economists deem appropriate.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Screw the Post-Autistic economists! I'll read what I want.

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
Werbung:
I dont know of any books banned in the USA, but there were a number of books banned from the bible and I read those. They were very interesting.

Canada has a huge banned list. I have read a few books on that banned list.

Do you know of any books banned in the USA? if you do I want the list so I can read them.

Naked Swedish Lesbians in Hot Strawberry Jam (Vol 1) is not appropriate reading for a 10 year old................but I wouldn't consider banning it................not until I've looked at it anyway................:D

Sorry you guys carry on.............I've gone off into fantasy land...........what about Naked Swedish Lesbian Economists (Vol 1.)? Would that be considered a bit to radical for the Economist Popular Forum d'ya reckon they'd all have heart attacks at all those exposed unbalanced assets.............

Do you know of any books banned in the USA? if you do I want the list so I can read them.

This website advocates banning books and is working up a list.

At this early stage of the Post-Autistic Movement, the most obvious point of comparison with the Nazis is their campaign to ban academic papers.

250px-1933-may-10-berlin-book-burni.jpg

If you believe that book burning is wrong, join the Campaign to Ban Toxic Textbooks and paste this image in to remind them that book burning has been tried before. You will have to give them a real e-mail address, though you can use a pseudonym so you won’t be associated with these loathsome people.

This website advocates banning books and is working up a list.

At this early stage of the Post-Autistic Movement, the most obvious point of comparison with the Nazis is their campaign to ban academic papers.

250px-1933-may-10-berlin-book-burni.jpg

If you believe that book burning is wrong, join the Campaign to Ban Toxic Textbooks and paste this image in to remind them that book burning has been tried before. You will have to give them a real e-mail address, though you can use a pseudonym so you won’t be associated with these loathsome people.

I am sure that Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto: by Mark Lavin will be on this list sooner than later :) I better buy a few copies now while I can!

No, I don't read banned books. I live in the United States, where we have a section in the supreme law of the land that says we have freedom of speech, and, therefore, any book banning would be unconstitutional. There are no banned books here.

Were they to try to ban a book, however, I'd want to read it just to see what all of the fuss is about before writing my Congresspeople and protesting the latest assault on that supreme law of the land.

No, I don't read banned books. I live in the United States, where we have a section in the supreme law of the land that says we have freedom of speech, and, therefore, any book banning would be unconstitutional. There are no banned books here.

Were they to try to ban a book, however, I'd want to read it just to see what all of the fuss is about before writing my Congresspeople and protesting the latest assault on that supreme law of the land.

Some schools however continue to ban certain books.

Some schools however continue to ban certain books.

Of course, there are books not appropriate for children. If the parents don't agree with those banned books, what's to keep them from reading them at home?

Schools are not democratic.

I know. I taught in them for 38 years. My classroom was an absolute dictatorship most of the time.

They did get to choose between kickball and basketball for PE once in a while.

Steal this Book by Abbie Hoffman
The Communist Manifesto
The art of Guerila warfare, by Che
all of my Rage against the Machine CD's
just a few things I own and have read or listen to that have been banned by Radio and or school and other places in the US.

Banned in the US?

I did not think any book was banned in the US, except possibly a book on how to make bombs or something.

Just a question and without going into the great debate!!!, but is "The Origin of Species" still banned in any of these southern bible bashing towns?

I believe the residents like to thump their Bibles, rather than bash them, but anyway they'd like to see that horrible atheistic tome replaced with a good Christian version of the Garden of Eden containing both human and brontosaur living in harmony around 6,000 years ago.

Werbung:
Banned in the US?

I did not think any book was banned in the US, except possibly a book on how to make bombs or something.

The "US" does not, but often many local groups, schools, cities, ect have banned these books...also many suspect that under the Patriot act sales, or checking books out at the library can get flagged as someone to watch more...

Back