Does the US Government Have the Right to Kill American Citizens with Drone Strikes

If we have won the war against Al Qaeda and their affiliates, then who exactly is it you assert these drones are targeting? And if they are targeting Al Qaeda and their affiliates, then how can you argue the war is won and over?

It is not a "war on terror", certain powers have been granted to target certain groups.

Isn't that what its supporters have been calling in, the "war on terror"?

If it's really a war against Al Qaeda, it must be about over by now, unless, of course, we're going to take on the Taliban or the Muslim Brotherhood, or some other group.

and if it's a "war on terror", then it never will be over. There will always be terrorism, as well as drugs and poverty.

Werbung:
True.
but, if the war is over, then there is no need for drone strikes, is there?

No, I think Gipper hit the nail on the head: The war on terror, like the war on drugs and the war on poverty, is about increasing the power of government. Why else would anyone put up with the government having the power to kill with no oversight?

The war is over when they stop fightings...now when we stop. How many drone strikes where done before Sept 11? And one of the reasons why they did attack...is because they felt we where a paper tiger...and we had a history of getting hit and running away. Beirut attack...bombed a marine barracks killing hundreds...we ran away. The Blew up 2 Embasee's...we made a pin prick attack and they watched as the President got attacked for it...The Bombed the first Word Center attack...we did nothing....Iran Blew up Khobar Towers 19 and wounding a few hundred. Black Hawk dawn, witch they played a role in ...we ran away.....and did not fight back....We showed weakness and they learned from fighting the USSR...that they could take down a world power....And all that happened with no drone strikes...And no troops in Afghanistan...no attacks in Pakistan.

Isn't that what its supporters have been calling in, the "war on terror"?

If it's really a war against Al Qaeda, it must be about over by now, unless, of course, we're going to take on the Taliban or the Muslim Brotherhood, or some other group.

and if it's a "war on terror", then it never will be over. There will always be terrorism, as well as drugs and poverty.
It must be over? why must it? did they surrender? are they not around anymore? They don't have a whole new base nation in Mali? Yemen is al Qaeda free? The Taliban who we also went to war with as they supported them are gone? I guess I missed the memo. Bin Laden is dead...the group is not.

It must be over? why must it? did they surrender? are they not around anymore? They don't have a whole new base nation in Mali? Yemen is al Qaeda free? The Taliban who we also went to war with as they supported them are gone? I guess I missed the memo. Bin Laden is dead...the group is not.

Their leader is dead, most of their members are dead, they are in disarray. The war should be over.
There is no one left with the power to capitulate anyway.

But, this is the perfect sort of war to increase the power of government. No one is involved in fighting except the military. It is a war t hat has no clear goal, and hence, no end. It has gone on for 11 years and counting already. It is a total back burner issue for most of us, so no one is agitating to end it. It's an illustration of the slogan "war is peace". Remember where that one comes from?

Their leader is dead, most of their members are dead, they are in disarray. The war should be over.
There is no one left with the power to capitulate anyway.

But, this is the perfect sort of war to increase the power of government. No one is involved in fighting except the military. It is a war t hat has no clear goal, and hence, no end. It has gone on for 11 years and counting already. It is a total back burner issue for most of us, so no one is agitating to end it. It's an illustration of the slogan "war is peace". Remember where that one comes from?

This isn't a war with al Qaeda or the Taliban. It's a war with radical Islamists.

This isn't a war with al Qaeda or the Taliban. It's a war with radical Islamists.

There is no war declared against radical Islamists -- the authorization to use force did in fact come with some parameters.

There is no war declared against radical Islamists .

Your right, we haven't declared war against radical Islamists. We never declared war against Russia or China either. But we fought wars against communism, and we lost that battle. Half the democrat party embraces communism.

Court deals blow to CIA drone secrecy

For now, the Central Intelligence Agency can still maintain its official silence on whether it uses armed drones. But a new court decision Friday could force the agency to provide some information about what kind of records they have on the subject and spell out why it’s not required to say more about them.

In the first judicial blow to secrecy surrounding the Obama Administration’s armed drone program, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit unanimously rejected the CIA’s claim that it could refuse to confirm or deny whether it possesses any records related to drone strikes.

typical lack even knowing the issue....

again..

a terrorist is about to blow up a building full of people and is about to to pull the trigger...would you be upset if they shot him with a Rifle? no

somehow if a drone did it, you shit yourself and think Hitler taking over...same thing.

How would you feel about the government shooting someone who they say is plotting to blow up a building simply because they said he was a dangerous person?

It seems to me there is a vast difference between shooting a criminal about to commit a violent act and shooting someone because the government has decided that person is a criminal.

Werbung:
How would you feel about the government shooting someone who they say is plotting to blow up a building simply because they said he was a dangerous person?

It seems to me there is a vast difference between shooting a criminal about to commit a violent act and shooting someone because the government has decided that person is a criminal.
Wow ....
I am sure you are so far above POS intellect to answer that question!

Back