Dr Paul appeals to his traditional base

dogtowner

Staff member
with libertarian call for drug legalization

not that I disagree but either he has given up and just spending the money to preach libertarian ideas or shooting his last foot off.

VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul decried the “war on drugs” Thursday night, telling supporters in Washington state that people should be able to make their own decisions on such matters.

Voters in Washington are likely to decide this year whether to legalize the recreational use of marijuana

“If we are allowed to deal with our eternity and all that we believe in spiritually, and if we’re allowed to read any book that we want under freedom of speech, why is it we can’t put into our body whatever we want?” Paul told more than 1,000 people at a rally in Vancouver, a suburb of Portland, Ore.

Werbung:
with libertarian call for drug legalization

not that I disagree but either he has given up and just spending the money to preach libertarian ideas or shooting his last foot off.

I personally am not opposed to the legalization of marijuana. I don't really care too much one way or another!

But, I do believe that Paul, at THIS TIME, is ONLY using this issue to revive his base and to try to save his campaign which, obviously has NO CHANCE of success.

The issue of legalization of marijuana is certainly not an urgent, compelling issue for anyone, but those who are already using it, legal or not, and has no real place in SERIOUS discussion re: the elections.

There is a time and place for every discussion. This is Paul grasping at straws.

The Libertarian position is and always has been that a woman has the right to have or not have an abortion.

Werbung:
The Libertarian position is and always has been that a woman has the right to have or not have an abortion.
The position of the ungodly is that human lives that are unessential to an individual's happiness are worthless in the eyes of that individual and not worth protecting by law.

Back