Economic misery index continues improv8ng

pjmret

Thanks Joe

The misery index — the sum of the unemployment rate and the inflation rate — is ending 2023 at 6.8%. That's its lowest point since the pandemic hit in March 2020 and well below the 8.3% average for the century to date.

Why it matters: Unemployment and inflation are the two great causes of real (rather than merely vibes-based) economic misery.

The bottom line: The double whammy wrought by COVID-19 — first a huge spike in unemployment, and then a big rise in inflation — now seems to be over, with both indicators reverting to low levels indicative of a healthy economy

Werbung:
Thanks Joe

The misery index — the sum of the unemployment rate and the inflation rate — is ending 2023 at 6.8%. That's its lowest point since the pandemic hit in March 2020 and well below the 8.3% average for the century to date.

Why it matters: Unemployment and inflation are the two great causes of real (rather than merely vibes-based) economic misery.

The bottom line: The double whammy wrought by COVID-19 — first a huge spike in unemployment, and then a big rise in inflation — now seems to be over, with both indicators reverting to low levels indicative of a healthy economy

Democrats and other misguided officials shut down churches, schools, and businesses against the advice of American conservatives and the result was disastrous just as conservatives had predicted. Inflation is the result of excessive printing of money by the government to pay for excessive spending above tax receipts, and the inflation is here to stay. We will never be able to pay off our debt so the Cloward-Pivens of this world are seeing their hoped-for destruction of the US economy approaching.

Democrats and other misguided officials shut down churches, schools, and businesses against the advice of American conservatives and the result was disastrous just as conservatives had predicted. Inflation is the result of excessive printing of money by the government to pay for excessive spending above tax receipts, and the inflation is here to stay. We will never be able to pay off our debt so the Cloward-Pivens of this world are seeing their hoped-for destruction of the US economy approaching.

the results were disasterous? how so? what would have happened otherwise? present credible evidence to back up your claims. but you wont, liar. lol

and inflation is back down to 2 to 3 percent, which is the goal, so why are you still whining? oh because you can't seem to stop whining. lol

the results were disasterous? how so? what would have happened otherwise? present credible evidence to back up your claims. but you wont, liar. lol

and inflation is back down to 2 to 3 percent, which is the goal, so why are you still whining? oh because you can't seem to stop whining. lol

US consumer prices continued to rise last month — but the Fed probably won’t raise rates​

By Bryan Mena, CNN
5 minute read
Updated 1:10 PM EDT, Wed September 13, 2023

US inflation accelerated in August for the second-straight month, pushed up by rising gas prices. However, core inflation, which strips out volatile food and energy prices, continued to slow, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released Wednesday.
The Consumer Price Index, a closely watched inflation gauge, rose 3.7% in August from a year earlier, up from July’s 3.2% rise. That’s slightly hotter than the 3.6% annual rate economists were expecting, according to Refinitiv. On a month-to-month basis, prices rose 0.6% in August, compared with a 0.2% gain in July.

However, core inflation slowed to 4.3% from 4.7% for the 12 months ending in August, its slowest pace since September 2021, and an indication that the Federal Reserve’s 11 rate hikes are working their way through the economy. Monthly core inflation rose by 0.3% in August, picking up significantly for the first time since February. Fed officials pay closer attention to core inflation.

Yes as I said current monthly inflation is falling and is now 2 to 3 percent which is why rate increases are over and rate cuts are forecast

See the annualized quarterly rates core pce is 2.73 this is the feds preferred rate

This is why consumer confidence is up the fed beat inflation without a recession

Yes as I said current monthly inflation is falling and is now 2 to 3 percent which is why rate increases are over and rate cuts are forecast

See the annualized quarterly rates core premium is 2.73 this is the feds preferred rate

This is why consumer confidence is up the fed beat inflation without a recession
prices at the pump are still nearly double what they were under Trump, regardless of how numbers crunchers describe inflation.

1703245291451.jpeg

Post the average price of gas under Trump and prove your claim liar
I bought gas in 2017 0r 2018 for less than $2.00/gal. I never intended my comments to be inserted into charts of average prices of gasoline over several years or in multiple locations. I paid less than $2.00/gal myself under Trump and paid more than $4.00/gal myself under Biden.

I bought gas in 2017 0r 2018 for less than $2.00/gal. I never intended my comments to be inserted into charts of average prices of gasoline over several years or in multiple locations. I paid less than $2.00/gal myself under Trump and paid more than $4.00/gal myself under Biden.
So that anecdotal story proves nothing liar lol

more good news for patriots, more bad news for biden haters from this morning's PCE results:

“More importantly, the six-month annualized average rate of inflation is now up 1.87%, indicating easing inflation pressures in contrast with the 4% pace of core inflation during the first six months of the year,” Joe Brusuelas, principal and chief economist at RSM US, wrote in a note on Friday. “These data are consistent with a strong and growing economy bolstered by income gains above inflation and a dynamic labor market as inflation eases.”

Werbung:
Thanks Joe

Lol dumb ass he created it in the first place lol

Back