Freedom of the Egyptian People

JayMick

The people in the United States have been speculating whether democracy in Egypt is actually in our best interests. I don’t have that answer, but I know regardless of the final outcome, supporting the people’s right to choose their own leaders is the only right thing for us to do. I am proud of the Egyptian people and I have found real hope to believe in a better future for all of humanity based on their amazing fortitude, discipline, and restraint they showed us during their revolution.

In my life time I have been affected by many events and news stories, but watching these young Egyptian people fight for their rights against a tyrannical dictatorship has inspired and humbled me like nothing else ever really has.

A lot of the coverage seems to be focused on the violence and I think that takes away from the fact that these protesters are leading a peaceful revolution. I have never seen or heard of another country that won its freedom with so few deaths that took place. The unity of the protesters and their amazing ability to endure so many challenges should teach the American people a thing or two. They proved that even though people disagree, they can still unite behind the things that make them alike. And that unity doesn’t take away from their personal freedoms, but instead it enhances them. The unity of the people spawns freedom in their society.

We live in a cynical country and we tend to focus on the negative, but I think we need to take some time and really appreciate what we are witnessing. This is the beginning of the end of the political dictatorships and democracy’s greatest victory. And it wasn’t achieved through American force, Western influence, or violence but instead it was the indomitable will of the Egyptian people that changed the world as we know it.

So today I bow to you: the people of Egypt. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity and I wish you the best with your new found freedom. Stay true to the values that got you here, because it is very easy to lose your way when you taste power for the first time. So I say to you, “Happy Independence Day”. Let your reign be one of peace. Egypt, I salute you!
-JMC

Werbung:
The people in the United States have been speculating whether democracy in Egypt is actually in our best interests. I don’t have that answer, but I know regardless of the final outcome, supporting the people’s right to choose their own leaders is the only right thing for us to do. I am proud of the Egyptian people and I have found real hope to believe in a better future for all of humanity based on their amazing fortitude, discipline, and restraint they showed us during their revolution.

In my life time I have been affected by many events and news stories, but watching these young Egyptian people fight for their rights against a tyrannical dictatorship has inspired and humbled me like nothing else ever really has.

A lot of the coverage seems to be focused on the violence and I think that takes away from the fact that these protesters are leading a peaceful revolution. I have never seen or heard of another country that won its freedom with so few deaths that took place. The unity of the protesters and their amazing ability to endure so many challenges should teach the American people a thing or two. They proved that even though people disagree, they can still unite behind the things that make them alike. And that unity doesn’t take away from their personal freedoms, but instead it enhances them. The unity of the people spawns freedom in their society.

We live in a cynical country and we tend to focus on the negative, but I think we need to take some time and really appreciate what we are witnessing. This is the beginning of the end of the political dictatorships and democracy’s greatest victory. And it wasn’t achieved through American force, Western influence, or violence but instead it was the indomitable will of the Egyptian people that changed the world as we know it.

So today I bow to you: the people of Egypt. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity and I wish you the best with your new found freedom. Stay true to the values that got you here, because it is very easy to lose your way when you taste power for the first time. So I say to you, “Happy Independence Day”. Let your reign be one of peace. Egypt, I salute you!
-JMC

well said

I guess it will be official to the public today. Congrats once again Egyptian people.

I remember reading about Egypt as a case study. They are really poor people who will never feel what liberty is. 94% of them are concentrated along the Nile, and their main industry is irrigation, what is more, the suffer from overcrowding and a lot of shanty towns sprawl.

They have no money to roll over nor capital :(

Werbung:
I remember reading about Egypt as a case study. They are really poor people who will never feel what liberty is. 94% of them are concentrated along the Nile, and their main industry is irrigation, what is more, the suffer from overcrowding and a lot of shanty towns sprawl.

They have no money to roll over nor capital :(

helps explain the high unemployment which produced the fodder for this display. maybe they'll get something for their trouble but it looks like take II for what happened 30 years ago when the last coup put Mubarek in power.

Back