Ground zero mosque

CHAINSAW

I would like to take an informal survey regarding the apparent controversial “Ground Zero Mosque” issue. What are your feelings on this issue?

First, I would like to offer my opinion of this very controversial issue; do the owners of the building have the “right” to build this “Community Center” at the proposed location? Of course they do. We can’t pick or choose which portion of the Constitution we wish to comply with. Is the proposed construction at the proposed site a “good idea” or respectful of the feelings of New Yorkers, Americans in general, and most importantly the families of those killed that fateful day? NO!

I personally think it is a bad idea to develop the “Community Center” at its currently proposed location. There also seem to be quite a few questions about the real propose of the building, where the actual funding is coming from and the principal “actors” in this Center. I also, from a visceral standpoint am sick and tired of having to bow to “political correctness” so as not to offend any person, persons or groups. Why do we always have to bow to everyone else’s wishes and they don’t give a damn about our feelings, traditions or morals?

Do I think that the opposition to this “Center” is racially based? I certainly hope not, though I am sure that some people base their opposition on racial or ethnic concerns.

Just like the proposed burning of the Quran by a Right Wing fringe religious group in Florida is a VERY BAD IDEA, they do have the right to take their proposed action.

Cooler heads need to prevail. However, one key question, in my mind, is where is the REAL funding coming from? That is something that really needs to be investigated and cleared up 100% before any construction begins, if it does at all.

Werbung:
Build it and enjoy is some are pissed, so be it. They have the right to worship and study and evn just relax and socialize with people of there Region regardless of where they are. The same people appose to it, would never say well we should not have a christian center there...to any Site in the Middle east, or in the US....

as for the idiot book burner from the 1700's...he even says he knows very little about the book. And he plans to show the extremist Terrorist...that he to can help there cause and inflame tensions, drive poor angry Arabs and Muslims into the hands of extremist...and also Burn a holy book sacred to Millions of Moderate and Peaceful Muslims.

With both debates, peaceful Muslims lose...Extremist win, and Christians look like little hypocritical children.

Also if I was a terrorist in S.A. I just found a new low security target...the idiot is puting the members of his church at risk...for what is nothing more then a publicity stunt...

And Dont forget to burn the Koran in 3 days! 9/11 anniversary.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/08/national/main6846316.shtml]

image004.jpg

Do Christians riot, burn, kill, terrorize when some fool decides to denigrate the Bible? Do Hindus, Buddists, or Jews commit heinous acts when their beliefs are maligned? All who have capable minds know they do not. And why? Because people of those religions are tolerant and believe in the golden rule.

The one religion incapable of criticism is Islam. Whenever their book or prophet is smeared they commit all kinds of heinous acts. It is obvious to any thinking person that Islam needs reform to eliminate their intolerant factions. This will never happen if they are always appeased and treated with kid gloves. I suspect the liberal weak kneed response to Muslim terrorism will only lead to more Muslim terrorism. But, that's just me...

There was considerable outcry by Christians when DF liberals claimed Piss Christ was art. And...of course liberals everywhere claimed the artist was protected by the First Amendment and even given awards. Would Liberals do this for Piss Mohammad??? Well...we know the answer.

So, I guess we can conclude liberals think dumping on Christianity is commendable even warranted, but do not do it to Islam. Is this not hypocritical?

220px-Piss_Christ_by_Serrano_Andres_%281987%29.jpg

Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition,[1] which is sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Do Christians riot, burn, kill, terrorize when some fool decides to denigrate the Bible? Do Hindus, Buddists, or Jews commit heinous acts when their beliefs are maligned? All who have capable minds know they do not. And why? Because people of those religions are tolerant and believe in the golden rule.

The one religion incapable of criticism is Islam. Whenever their book or prophet is smeared they commit all kinds of heinous acts. It is obvious to any thinking person that Islam needs reform to eliminate their intolerant factions. This will never happen if they are always appeased and treated with kid gloves. I suspect the liberal weak kneed response to Muslim terrorism will only lead to more Muslim terrorism. But, that's just me...

There was considerable outcry by Christians when DF liberals claimed Piss Christ was art. And...of course liberals everywhere claimed the artist was protected by the First Amendment and even given awards. Would Liberals do this for Piss Mohammad??? Well...we know the answer.

So, I guess we can conclude liberals think dumping on Christianity is commendable even warranted, but do not do it to Islam. Is this not hypocritical?

Gipper dont you know you have to tolerate when people want to do wonderful art like putting Jesus in urine. If they want to put human feces on a statue of Mary we need to understand its just art, and we need to be grateful that we have a government willing to pay for such art.

We have to learn to tolerate if they want to put a Mosque on ground zero but we have to be sure to attack and call the man hateful things who is fed up and is going to burn some Quran's at the same time as making sure we show respect for those who want to burn bibles and American flags.

I get dizzy just thinking about it

Build it and enjoy is some are pissed, so be it. They have the right to worship and study and evn just relax and socialize with people of there Region regardless of where they are. The same people appose to it, would never say well we should not have a christian center there...to any Site in the Middle east, or in the US....

as for the idiot book burner from the 1700's...he even says he knows very little about the book. And he plans to show the extremist Terrorist...that he to can help there cause and inflame tensions, drive poor angry Arabs and Muslims into the hands of extremist...and also Burn a holy book sacred to Millions of Moderate and Peaceful Muslims.

The guy has a right to burn the book if he wants, if we are going to make a constitutional issue over the whole thing.

With both debates, peaceful Muslims lose...Extremist win, and Christians look like little hypocritical children.

I don't think you can argue that it is solely Christians who oppose the Mosque.

Also if I was a terrorist in S.A. I just found a new low security target...the idiot is puting the members of his church at risk...for what is nothing more then a publicity stunt...

Same can be argued about the building of the mosque.

The guy has a right to burn the book if he wants, if we are going to make a constitutional issue over the whole thing.

I don't think you can argue that it is solely Christians who oppose the Mosque.

Same can be argued about the building of the mosque.

I never said they don't have the right to....Just that they are ingroant mindless ...other words I can't say....

They are the vast majority though...I am sure you can find some Jewish people to....

Difference is...one act is designed to anger and attack a different Religion...the other simple to be able to get together and practice there own...

I never said they don't have the right to....Just that they are ingroant mindless ...other words I can't say....

They are the vast majority though...I am sure you can find some Jewish people to....

Difference is...one act is designed to anger and attack a different Religion...the other simple to be able to get together and practice there own...

I will say that I find it somewhat telling that in the lead up to this event (which I can agree is pointless) that the US is checking security at embassies, and basically stating they think there will be retaliation for this action.

Can we honestly say that if a group got together and burned the bible we would have the same reaction? I think it is the reaction of "moderate" Muslims that is critical here.

I think that is the underlying issue over the community center near ground zero. If it was a different Imam, one that has not made the some of the inflammatory statements, I do not think it would be such an issue.

I will say that I find it somewhat telling that in the lead up to this event (which I can agree is pointless) that the US is checking security at embassies, and basically stating they think there will be retaliation for this action.

Can we honestly say that if a group got together and burned the bible we would have the same reaction? I think it is the reaction of "moderate" Muslims that is critical here.

I think that is the underlying issue over the community center near ground zero. If it was a different Imam, one that has not made the some of the inflammatory statements, I do not think it would be such an issue.

you mean the Imam who was touted for his moderation and sent to the Mideast by Bush Co...who was on tv with Glenn Beck talking about Tolerance and all that ( before Beck had to go against him becuse it was a good way to fire up his crowd?

you realy think this has anything to do with him? Not one bit...Fox News and the rest needed a Fire up the Right , scare white Christian voters to the polls story...and they would make sure they could spin it the way they wanted.

And again, yes, some Terrorist groups may attack back...that does mean we should desecrate a holy book to millions of moderates... Should I go Burn Bibles to protest that KKK? And you ask what would Christan do if the same happened, would embassy go on higher alert? First try going to Ireland, see what Religious events put Security on Alert From attacks by Christians ( not as much anymore, but yes still)

also , since its Sept 11...I would think maybe they are at higher security...regardless of the book thing.

you mean the Imam who was touted for his moderation and sent to the Mideast by Bush Co...who was on tv with Glenn Beck talking about Tolerance and all that ( before Beck had to go against him becuse it was a good way to fire up his crowd?

I mean the Imam who won't condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization, and who partly (rightly or not, but given the location is a problem) blames the US for 9/11.

So yes, we are talking about the same Imam.

you realy think this has anything to do with him? Not one bit...Fox News and the rest needed a Fire up the Right , scare white Christian voters to the polls story...and they would make sure they could spin it the way they wanted.

This issue is not going to be a major issue on election day...

And again, yes, some Terrorist groups may attack back...that does mean we should desecrate a holy book to millions of moderates...

I don't care if they burn it or not. I might think it is a bad idea, but they have the legal right to do so.

Should I go Burn Bibles to protest that KKK?

If you want to.

And you ask what would Christan do if the same happened, would embassy go on higher alert? First try going to Ireland, see what Religious events put Security on Alert From attacks by Christians ( not as much anymore, but yes still)

Embassies worldwide do not evaluate security procedures because of a religious event in Ireland... nor did they ever.

also , since its Sept 11...I would think maybe they are at higher security...regardless of the book thing.

Well since the State Department specifically cited the upcoming book burning, I would tend to disagree with your assessment.

I mean the Imam who won't condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization, and who partly (rightly or not, but given the location is a problem) blames the US for 9/11.

So yes, we are talking about the same Imam.

This issue is not going to be a major issue on election day...

I don't care if they burn it or not. I might think it is a bad idea, but they have the legal right to do so.

If you want to.

Embassies worldwide do not evaluate security procedures because of a religious event in Ireland... nor did they ever.

Well since the State Department specifically cited the upcoming book burning, I would tend to disagree with your assessment.

It does not have to be a issue, its about getting the base angry and fired up to get them to the polls....they don't realy care why they go, so long as there people go...if they have to attack some other Religion for it, so be it.

and Where did he blame the US for the attacks? I know he has said our policys are the cause...But its hard to say US policy is not the reason...Yes the Direct cause is, the terrorist, we know that, but our policies are what drive them...so yes we have to understand that our policy does in fact cause these attacks to happen. Even if our Policy is correct ( and often its not)

If US Policy was to not support Dictators in the middle east, and have our troops there, Sept 11 does not happen. we are not just targeted at random.

yes we have to understand that our policy does in fact cause these attacks to happen.

I'll be adding that statement to the archives...

Clearly cops cause crime, if it were not for their policy of chasing, catching, and incarcerating criminals, there would be no crime.

And the shop keeper who gets robbed, it's his own damn fault for his policy of having things worth stealing in his store.

Let's also not forget that farmers cause hunger, plumbers cause water pipes to burst, firemen cause fires, electricians cause power outages, doctors cause illness, and dentists cause people to get cavities...

The policies of these evil bastards must be stopped! :D

While I do not support, embrace, or endorse the International Burn a Koran Day, and it is meant to unnecessarily provoke (and does a disservice to the efforts of those of us who oppose Islam but do not engage in offense like this), I view it as far less offensive than those who burn an American Flag on regular occasions all over America. The American Flag is far more holy to me than a book which inspires mass murder of all of those who do not adhere to the strictest observance of Islam and its sharia (and often the mass murder of rival Islamic factions).

I also see the burning of the Koran as far less offensive than “art” sponsored by the U.S. government, such as “Piss Christ,” featuring a cross in a bottle of urine. But Hillary Clinton and Eric Holder never spoke out against that. Neither did the mainstream media. Instead of saying to the Islamic world, “this is what America is about–we say and do what we want, no matter how offensive,” they are cowering to those who have already vanquished us on the anniversary of the planned event. Cowering to the enemy never works. It eggs them on. - Debbie Schlussel - http://www.debbieschlussel.com/

I could not agree more. But, liberalism is all about appeasing those who hate America (just like some libs do)....

When the Islamists murder thousands of Americans...again, what will the kooky libs say? No doubt it will be "we deserved it" or "our policies caused it...."

Liberalism is a mental disorder and it's their policies which get AMERICANS KILLED!!!

I could not agree more. But, liberalism is all about appeasing those who hate America (just like some libs do)....

When the Islamists murder thousands of Americans...again, what will the kooky libs say? No doubt it will be "we deserved it" or "our policies caused it...."

Liberalism is a mental disorder and it's their policies which get AMERICANS KILLED!!!

Why no Islamic attacks on Cuba, Canada, Poland, Norway, Finland, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Honduras, Switzerland, Sweden, Belize, Panama, Mexico, Japan, Romania, Bulgaria, Iceland, etc., etc.?
Because they hate our "freedom" (but do not hate Canada's)?
I would really like to know why they attack us as opposed to other countries.

Werbung:
Why no Islamic attacks on Cuba, Canada, Poland, Norway, Finland, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Honduras, Switzerland, Sweden, Belize, Panama, Mexico, Japan, Romania, Bulgaria, Iceland, etc., etc.?
Because they hate our "freedom" (but do not hate Canada's)?
I would really like to know why they attack us as opposed to other countries.

Oh yes. Therein lies the problem.

Many Americans do not know we are at war with Islam. They started the war...well they tried with the first WTC bombing, but Bubba ignored it. Then our embassies and the USS Cole...and still Bubba ignored. So, then comes 9/11...and lots of dead Americans.

WE ARE AT WAR you DF liberals. (well in past wars some liberals were traitors....so I guess since history repeats itself, some libs will be traitors again)

And, lets understand the fallacy of "moderate" Islam. Yes, many American Muslims are moderate. But, Islam is NOT moderate. Moderate Islam is a myth. And this is proven by their actions every day, but some refuse to see the truth or even side with our enemies...aka traitorous liberals.

Wake up you fools before you get your heads cut off.

Every “moderate” Muslim is a potential terrorist. The belief in Islam is like a tank of gasoline. It looks innocuous, until it meets the fire. For a “moderate” Muslim to become a murderous jihadist, all it takes is a spark of faith.

It is time to put an end to the charade of “moderate Islam.” There is no such thing as moderate Muslim. Muslims are either jihadists or dormant jihadists – moderate, they are not.

by Ali Sina, FaithFreedom.org, March 14, 2010

Islam is not tolerant because Muhammad was not tolerant. This does not mean all Muslims are intolerant. There have been many Islamic rulers who were tolerant, but they went against the canons of Islam, as many do today. That is why the jihadists who follow the true Islam are attacking these Muslim rulers.

Unlike the crusaders who wanted to convert everyone to Christianity, the jihadists don’t want to convert everyone to Islam. They want to establish the Caliphate and dominate the world. In an Islamic state, ruled under the Sharia, non-Muslims, particularly the people of Book, (Jews and Christians) are protected, as long as “they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (Q: 9:29). This is no different from Nazism. Hitler did not want to convert everyone to Arians, nor did he want to exterminate all mankind. He wanted to dominate the world.
http://formermuslimsunited.american...10/03/13/exposing-the-myth-of-moderate-islam/

Back