Hate speech has Austrian editor in hot water

Werbung:
dogtowner, There are Australians who had this attitude. But no all Moslem slash seats? I doubt it

Austria, not Australia :D

The editor allready apologized because he made up incidents of which Police and other forces on-site saw no evidence.
Darn it, spell check bit me on Austria !
Point is, this is no crime, it's opinion. If it caused harm then it might be slander. Has to be demonstrated.

Werbung:
Christoph Biro, the chief editor of the "Kronen Zeitung", will retire of his own accord for some time from the editorial board. I think this editor had no intention of denigrating Syrian refugees but this Austrian paper is a right-wing tabloid, which is usually demagogic and sensationalist by nature. It was part of his job to write sensational and provocative editorials but he admitted that some claims he had made are not factually accurate.

Biró speaks of a fault: "I am a journalist for 39 years I have learned to distinguish facts from evidence and to assess the evidence to obtain background information is one of the craft In my column on Sunday but I have lost the sense of proportion course.... also among the refugees black sheep and bad incidents. also, I personally have in this respect experienced a disappointment after my wife and I have given Syrians German lessons in our holiday. This disappointment has probably played a part. That was a mistake as it has not yet happened to me in 39 years. mistakes happen? Yes, but this is particularly unfortunate. You have to have a special sensitivity on this issue. And I can miss. "

Back