"he spoke in shorthand" Carney re BO SC comments

dogtowner

Staff member
wouldn't it be better to just admit you screwed up ?

but of course we are talkin g about Obama who cannot ever admit such a thing.

I'll put the whole bit here but the money line is at the end (video at link)

White House press secretary Jay Carney tells the press corps that President Obama's attack on the Supreme Court was misunderstood because he was speaking in "shorthand" since he is a former professor of law.

Henry: The president is a former constitutional law professor. One of his professors is Laurence Tribe. He now says, in his words, the president “obviously misspoke earlier this week”, quote “he didn’t say what he meant and having said that in order to avoid misleading anyone, he had to clarify it.” I thought yesterday you were saying repeatedly that he did not misspeak. What do you make of the president’s former law professor saying he did?

Carney: The premise of your question suggests that the president of the United States in the comments he made Monday, did not believe in the constitutionality of legislation, which is a preposterous premise and I know you don’t believe that.

Henry: Except this is from Laurence Tribe, who knows a lot more than you and I about constitutional law.

Carney: What I acknowledged yesterday is that speaking on Monday the president was not clearly understood by some people because he is a law professor, he spoke in shorthand.

lets just accept that Obama knew he was not in a lecture hall and said exactly what he intended to say and has learned that there do seem to be a few limits on his irresponsible and unconstitutional behavior.

Werbung:
Back