1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Help please!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and questions' started by Mr. Carpenter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

Does anyone know how to post an Excel spreadsheet in the Forum?

I've been doing an economic analysis of the US Government that spans them time from immediately before the Great Depression (1929) all the way through last year, and I wanted to share it, as it very clearly shows what has happened to our economy over the past 80 years.

2. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

When you are writing the post, go to the "Manage Attachments" button. You will find it in the "Additional Options" box below the "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons.

3. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

Thanks, but it doesn't allow uploading of Excel files.

4. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

An Excel sheet potentially is a very dangerous file, it can contain macros that can download harmful code. That said, we already allow Winword files that are dangerous, too, so I have added the option for Excel files.

I appeal to all forum members: use anti virus programs and keep them up to date, that's the least you can do for your own safety.

5. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

Thanks Walter. My purpose in wanting to post this is simply so that everyone can see what the actual numbers have been in order to help avoid some of the contention about who spent what when. I intend to keep on updating it with specific governmental expendatures over time, so if anyone wants to know how much is being spent on anything in particular, feel free to ask.