Here's what socialized healthcare will become in the U.S.

HankHill

"Oh! It won't happen like this in the United States." say the blinded, liberal zombies that follow their Messiah to the graveyard.

Look back on how our gubment has been run and what it runs, whether it be Rep or Dem, you know the gubment is run like crap. I think we can all agree on that.

Now imagine a health care system run by this gubment...

Here's what we can look forward to:​

Werbung:
Your link is hilarious. As I live in New Zealand, I scrolled down to find out how "bad" our system is and found out ..nothing.

For some strange reason, New Zealanders prefer spending money on health and education rather than war and throwing more money at corporate crooks and thieves.

Comrade Stalin

......so go on then add some substance to the post!!

Um, I made 2 points:

1. Liberals are mindless zombies that follow their evil master without question.
2. Our government is way to big, convoluted, and corrupt to manage a health care system, let alone a hot dog stand (reference social security, economy, and many more).

Then I give a link to horror articles about other countries health care fiasco's to inform my fellow forumerers abooot what they can expect in the future.

Look how both Bush and Obumbler handled the latest crisis of the economy. Hurry hurry rush rush, sign this bloated bill and that bloated bill, and pass through a flurry of pork barrel spending, which will do nothing to help the economy, but will help to further the pocket books of their friends.

Then I give a link to horror articles about other countries health care fiasco's to inform my fellow forumerers abooot what they can expect in the future..
.... so through horror stories you show what.... that doctors ain't perfect...... that healthcare systems ain't perfect.....

Do you think that the CDC should be shut down for example?

I think the point being made was that Government never does anything well. You can't even find a dentist in the UK? That's pretty lame. Dentistry isn't exactly a horribly expensive thing. I paid for mine just a month ago. It was barely $200.

Yet in the government controlled system, you can't get a dentist to help you, and the UK pays nearly double what we do, in taxes. Explain that?

Saying doctors are not perfect, is a pretty lame excuse in my mind. I have a choice of a dozen dentists in this area, that will treat me like a valued customer. They are begging to have the chance to get to be my dentist, because they want my business.

Yet in your system, they are saying, sorry no new NHS patients... bye!. Why? Because you are not the customer in NHS. NHS is the customer. Government is the customer. Their pay checks are not dependent on happy customers... just a government.

toon012607.gif

.... so through horror stories you show what.... that doctors ain't perfect...... that healthcare systems ain't perfect.....

Do you think that the CDC should be shut down for example?
You have national medical don’t you?

What is it like? My sister loves the idea of free medical but I told her if we had "free" medical here she would not like it.

Currently she goes to a number of doctors. Fibromialga? Some new disease that makes your joints hurt or something, then the chiropractor for her back and also the allergy doctor and the general doctor for aches and pain and anti depressants for the depression that the other stuff gives her. She even has a doctor who treats her with healing stones and incense. She goes to the doctor more than anyone I know.

If we change to "free" medical they will say to her

Before we treat you for allergies quit smoking
And when she has back pain they will say lose 20 pounds and if you’re still in pain come back (and then they will probably tell her to lose another 10 or be more active.

And they won’t pay for the guy who treats her with healing stones and incense. But she does not believe me.

Can you guys go to the doctor for everything from a ingrown toenail to being healed with healing stones all for “free” ?

You have national medical don’t you?

What is it like? My sister loves the idea of free medical but I told her if we had "free" medical here she would not like it.

Currently she goes to a number of doctors. Fibromialga? Some new disease that makes your joints hurt or something, then the chiropractor for her back and also the allergy doctor and the general doctor for aches and pain and anti depressants for the depression that the other stuff gives her. She even has a doctor who treats her with healing stones and incense. She goes to the doctor more than anyone I know.

If we change to "free" medical they will say to her

Before we treat you for allergies quit smoking
And when she has back pain they will say lose 20 pounds and if you’re still in pain come back (and then they will probably tell her to lose another 10 or be more active.

And they won’t pay for the guy who treats her with healing stones and incense. But she does not believe me.

Can you guys go to the doctor for everything from a ingrown toenail to being healed with healing stones all for “free” ?

Fibromyalgia is not officially recognized as a disease. Currently she can go to any doctor she wants to see and many of them will do whatever they can. Under a national system she would not be allowed to see a doctor outside of the system and the ones in the system would absolutely tell her she was not covered.

The same would be true for anyone who wants medical marijuana.

Or who wants a homeopathic treatment.

Or who wants two hearing aids instead of just one.

Or a vasectomy. But not the pill - go figure.

Artificial legs that look like legs versus metal hooks.

Here is an article that is filled with things the Canadian system does not cover. And some of them are pretty basic:

http://www.american.com/archive/2008/december-12-08/the-trouble-with-canadian-healthcare

The gist of that article (and they prove it well) is that Canadians get a health care system that is no better than ours at a greater cost. What the article stops short of saying is that they get that inferior system at the cost of their liberty.

Fibromyalgia is not officially recognized as a disease. Currently she can go to any doctor she wants to see and many of them will do whatever they can. Under a national system she would not be allowed to see a doctor outside of the system and the ones in the system would absolutely tell her she was not covered.

The same would be true for anyone who wants medical marijuana.

Or who wants a homeopathic treatment.

Or who wants two hearing aids instead of just one.

Or a vasectomy. But not the pill - go figure.

Artificial legs that look like legs versus metal hooks.

Here is an article that is filled with things the Canadian system does not cover. And some of them are pretty basic:

http://www.american.com/archive/2008/december-12-08/the-trouble-with-canadian-healthcare

The gist of that article (and they prove it well) is that Canadians get a health care system that is no better than ours at a greater cost. What the article stops short of saying is that they get that inferior system at the cost of their liberty.

I am lucky then

I hate doctors and only go to them to shut other people up who think we all need to see a doctor for everything.

I recently dislocated the cartage in my rib and tore the muscle, I knew I did and I knew how to treat it but my family and everyone at worked nagged me till I went to the doctor. The doctor told me exactly what I already knew and the cure was exactly what I was already doing.

So this new health care will get everyone off my back when I get sick because I know how to take care of myself and I don’t care to see a doctor for it. But most people who like to go to the doctor for every ingrown toenail will not be very happy with Obama care.

I do wish though there were at least two systems. Obama care for those far too stupid to manage on their own with all of the rules you list.

And what we already have for those who don’t want the kind of health care that Obama offers.

I am afraid we will all get stuck with obama care and my daughters needs wont be met because someone else decided it was to expensive or unnecessary.

Firstly, yes, a government run health care system would be an expensive disaster in the US.

Secondly, what is currently being discussed is not a government run health care, but single payer insurance, subsidized by the government.

That is two different things altogether.

Thirdly, the US spends more on health care than any other nation on Earth. You can argue that we have the best health care on Earth to go with the expense, but I doubt you'll convince anyone.

Finally, if you add the 18% of GDP we spend on health care to the 20% the federal government spends, then add in state and local taxes, are we really paying less overall than other nations?

Now, I did this one other time to make a point. It's time for another "would you change from universal care to to a US system if you could" thread. Look for it soon.

No fair voting if you actually live in the US.

The Health Care is the best in the world. Bar none. The Best

The beurocracy to obtain health care is not. That's where the focus needs to be.

Get rid of waste, and beurocracy and you will be fixing the problem to obtain cost effective health care.

Fibromyalgia is not officially recognized as a disease.

In America, we are continuing research..for now, until we go the government route...thankfully for that research we have this information on fibro. Just 5 years ago it was considered a psychiatric issue.

Central nervous system research on fibromyalgia:
Alterations in pain-related chemical transmitters have been reported in the spinal fluid (particularly substance P, nerve growth factor, serotonin, norepinephrine, and corticotropin releasing factor)
Elevated levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which are substances that form a communication link between your body’s immune and neurological systems, have been found by many research teams
Different brain imaging techniques by several research centers have all shown that the blood flow and metabolic processes in the brain are significantly disturbed
Almost all people with fibromyalgia report difficulties staying asleep (e.g., the natural processes in the brain that maintain sleep appear to be disrupted)
The autonomic nervous system, whose control center resides at the base of the brain to communicate with the CNS to regulate the peripheral tissues, is not functioning properly
Research on the primary pain control system in the spinal cord indicates that it is not filtering out or dampening incoming noxious signals from the peripheral tissues
Several research studies pertaining to memory function tests show that people with fibromyalgia have an impaired ability to concentrate
Research findings show that the peripheral tissues are also involved in producing the symptoms of fibromyalgia:
Muscles are often tight and knotted with myofascial trigger points (areas in the belly of muscles that refer pain to other regions and cause restrictions in range of motion)
High levels of a nitric oxide-producing enzyme was documented by one research team to help explain why patients have exercise intolerance
Excessive levels of oxidative chemicals that irritate the tissues were found in the connective tissues in the tiny space between the muscle fibers
Reduced blood flow to the muscles as well as a reduction in the number of capillaries supplying nutrients to the tissues were confirmed by different research teams ... these findings are hypothesized to be caused by the malfunctioning in the autonomic nervous system
Why do all of the above abnormalities exist in people with fibromyalgia? This is why research in this area is imperative.

The cause of fibromyalgia is not yet known.
However, various triggering events are thought to precipitate its onset. A few examples would be an infection (viral or bacterial), an automobile accident, an injury, surgery, or the development of another disorder, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or hypothyroidism. These triggering events probably do not cause fibromyalgia, but rather, they may awaken an underlying physiological abnormality that is already present. In addition, several research studies are ongoing to determine the genetic (or inheritable) component of fibromyalgia.

Firstly, yes, a government run health care system would be an expensive disaster in the US.

Secondly, what is currently being discussed is not a government run health care, but single payer insurance, subsidized by the government.

That is two different things altogether.

Thirdly, the US spends more on health care than any other nation on Earth. You can argue that we have the best health care on Earth to go with the expense, but I doubt you'll convince anyone.

Finally, if you add the 18% of GDP we spend on health care to the 20% the federal government spends, then add in state and local taxes, are we really paying less overall than other nations?

Now, I did this one other time to make a point. It's time for another "would you change from universal care to to a US system if you could" thread. Look for it soon.

No fair voting if you actually live in the US.

no its better we pay more then the rest of the world to cover less people....screw those who dont have a job that pays for part of there health care...and lets force companies to have to pay half just to make it affordable ( still debateable) to most of its workers...then when you get sick...you can sue your health care proivder who now does not want to pay....its a great system.

dont forget republicans also also like to see it made so that if they screw up, you cant sue anymore.

Werbung:
.......the system has its faults like any complex organisation but generally its excellent!

There are a lot of stories that get linked on this site in order to prove a negative, which is fine! However, until you have experienced it first hand then its meaningless. For example Andy posts comments like this........

Yet in your system, they are saying, sorry no new NHS patients... bye!. Why? Because you are not the customer in NHS. NHS is the customer. Government is the customer. Their pay checks are not dependent on happy customers... just a government.

.........they're posted out of ignorance because its not understood and perhaps he's frightened of the unknown, I don't know the reason but again that's fine its an oppinion. But the reality is that anybody and everybody has access to a first class world renowned medical service in the UK. As I say its not perfect nothing is but having lived in many countries round the world it comes second to the German system which is one of the best in the world.

Back