Hollywood and Washington, D.C.

mamab

How much do you think the money from Hollywood will come into play this go 'round? Do you think it'll greatly affect the outcome?

Werbung:
This time it is a little interesting because the money seems to be spreading out between the Democratic candidates. Instead of one strong candidate, the Hollywood group seems to be supporting a few different candidates. What does this mean? Hard to tell this early. At the very least, it means that Hillary doesn’t have as much money as people might have thought she would have by now.

I think that this year there are alot more involved in alot of different issues. So I would imagine they could get quite a bit of money from the celeberties depending on what the candidate stands for on certain issues.

At this stage in the game, I think it's a toss-up. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this from the celebrities as it gets closer to election time.

What ever happened to the campaign finance reform? Seems I remember there being some kind of limits to it. Don't those limits apply this go round?

I think you are right that there was a campaign finance reform but I am sure they will find a way to funnel the money to their candidate in some way.

Werbung:
I don't think you will see Hollywood money as being a big issue until the Democratic Party settles on one candidate. Once there is one avenue for the money to flow to, then it might be an issue. Of course, I hear less from Hollywood these days than I did in the Clinton era - either they are getting better at keeping a lower profile or the enthusiasm is not what it was way back when.

Back