Hope This Trend Continues

Greco

Early voting is now underway in 30+ states. Several hours ago I read an Associated Press news story that the numbers showing up are massive and at record levels. That will probably continue and include the voting that will occur on November 4th.

On one of the political message board sites I came across this post and thought you might find it interesting....

I'm a middle-class white guy living in Jacksonville, Florida. I've got a wife and two kids. Because the kids had no school today, I took a vacation day from work, and took the kids downtown to vote early. Fifty-nine minutes later, two smiling children and I proudly sported "I Voted" stickers.

But I didn't vote for Obama.

I voted for my ancestors, who believed in the promise of this country and came with nothing as immigrants. I voted for my parents, who taught in the public schools for decades. I voted for Steve, an acquaintance of mine from Kentucky (killed by an IED two years ago in Iraq). I voted for Shawn, another who's been to Iraq twice, and Afghanistan once, and who'll be going back to Afghanistan again soon -- and whose family earned eleven bucks a month too much to qualify for food stamps when the war started.

I voted for April, the only African-American girl in my high school -- it was years before it occurred to me how different her experience in our school must have been. I voted for my college friends who are Christian, Jewish, Mormon, and yes -- Muslim. I voted for my grandfathers, who worked hard in factories and died too young.

I voted for the plumber who worked on my house, because I want him to get a REAL tax break. I voted for four little angels from Birmingham. I voted for a bunch of dead white men who, although personally flawed, were willing to pledge their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor, and used a time of great crisis to expand freedom rather than suspend it.

I voted for all those people and more, and I voted for all of you, too. But mostly, I voted selfishly. I vote for two little kids, one who has ballet in an hour, and one who has baseball practice at the same time. I voted for a world where they can be confident that their government will represent the best that is in this country, and that will in turn demand the best of them. I voted for a government that will be respected in the world. I voted for an economy that will reward work above guile. I voted for everything I believe in.

Sure, I filled in the circle next to the name Obama, but it wasn't him I was voting for -- it was every single one of us, and those I love most of all. Who else is there to vote

Werbung:
Early voting is now underway in 30+ states. Several hours ago I read an Associated Press news story that the numbers showing up are massive and at record levels. That will probably continue and include the voting that will occur on November 4th.

On one of the political message board sites I came across this post and thought you might find it interesting....

I'm a middle-class white guy living in Jacksonville, Florida. I've got a wife and two kids. Because the kids had no school today, I took a vacation day from work, and took the kids downtown to vote early. Fifty-nine minutes later, two smiling children and I proudly sported "I Voted" stickers.

But I didn't vote for Obama.

I voted for my ancestors, who believed in the promise of this country and came with nothing as immigrants.

Were your ancestors illegal aliens? Then you voted for obama.

I voted for my parents, who taught in the public schools for decades.

Were your parents in the teachers' union - which has destroyed public education in this country, and caused us to be ranked last behind developed countries in math and science, and now probably some third world ones, with worse to come? Then you voted for obama.

I voted for Steve, an acquaintance of mine from Kentucky (killed by an IED two years ago in Iraq). I voted for Shawn, another who's been to Iraq twice, and Afghanistan once, and who'll be going back to Afghanistan again soon -- and whose family earned eleven bucks a month too much to qualify for food stamps when the war started.

Are you ready to throw away the victory that Steve and Shawn have sacrificed to achieve? Then you voted for obama.

I voted for April, the only African-American girl in my high school -- it was years before it occurred to me how different her experience in our school must have been.

Her experience probably continues to be different - hired and promoted over more qualified white people at every step of the way - just like obama. If you support anti-white racial discrimination, then you voted for obama.

I voted for my college friends who are Christian, Jewish, Mormon, and yes -- Muslim.

If you don't give a crap about the fate of christians in arab countries and jews in israel and muslims languishing under the rule of islamofascist dictatorships, then you voted for obama.

I voted for my grandfathers, who worked hard in factories and died too young.

If you want socialized medicine, whereby lots of grandfathers will be told that their surgery "is not available" or "nothing can be done" or will die too young waiting on an eight-month queue for surgery, then you voted for obama.

I voted for the plumber who worked on my house, because I want him to get a REAL tax break.

If you want most plumbers' income "redistributed" to non-workers, then you voted for obama.

I voted for four little angels from Birmingham.

If you are obsessed with long-gone irrelevent events from the distant past, then you voted for obama.

I voted for a bunch of dead white men who, although personally flawed, were willing to pledge their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor, and used a time of great crisis to expand freedom rather than suspend it.

If you revile the temporary suspension of freedoms to save the country in wartime by, among many other presidents, Washington, Lincoln, and Franklin Roosevelt, then you voted for obama.

I voted for all those people and more, and I voted for all of you, too. But mostly, I voted selfishly. I vote for two little kids, one who has ballet in an hour, and one who has baseball practice at the same time. I voted for a world where they can be confident that their government will represent the best that is in this country, and that will in turn demand the best of them. I voted for a government that will be respected in the world. I voted for an economy that will reward work above guile. I voted for everything I believe in.

If you support a statist society, where merit is unrewarded, where skin color counts for plenty, where the most helpless are defined out of the human family and destroyed, where free speech is suppressed, where the borders aren't controlled, where the country is balkanized, where appeasement reigns in a time of increasing world threats, where medical care is run by the kind of people who now run the DMV, where the favor of leaders of countries who despise us is curried, where US sovereignty is incrementally conceded, where government is the be all and end all, then you voted for obama.

Sure, I filled in the circle next to the name Obama

[sic]

If you support a loser, then you voted for McCain. If you love to spread lies, then you voted for McCain. If you're IQ is on a par with house pets, then you voted for McCain. If you hate America, then you voted for McCain. If you really love old, drolling guys with a bad comb-over, then you voted for McCain.

If you support a loser, then you voted for McCain. If you love to spread lies, then you voted for McCain. If you're IQ is on a par with house pets, then you voted for McCain. If you hate America, then you voted for McCain. If you really love old, drolling guys with a bad comb-over, then you voted for McCain.

You spew hatred, insults and lies. If this is what you stand for, and you voted for Obama, then I am against Obama.

Well of course you are. You probably found yourself detailed quite a few times in the above post. McCain needs a few votes so he won't be totally embarassed. You're backing a loser, but that's what will make winning one for America so sweet.

I've seen this so many times here - when cornered with the facts, Obamabots either throw the race card, or start spewing insults.

Just FYI... This was originally posted over at the DailyKos.

I voted for a bunch of dead white men who, although personally flawed, were willing to pledge their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor, and used a time of great crisis to expand freedom rather than suspend it.

This line is so insulting to anyone with intelligence or the slightest comprehension of what our founders where trying to accomplish. By his own admission, Obama seeks to greatly expand the size and scope of government - thereby reducing freedoms and in some cases, suspending them. Government is not "the good" of society, we the people are, its our job to create the good, not to pass the responsibility off onto government bureaucracies... Government is a necessary evil that's being unnecessarily grown to oppressive levels with each successive election and will one day consume us entirely.
picture.php

"A Government Big Enough to Give You Everything You Want is Powerful Enough to Take Everything You Have" — Thomas Jefferson

Obamabot stupidity is obama's greatest campaign asset. Notice the tone used for "white men" - as if that ipso facto were a dirty word. And imagine the office held by Washington, Adams, and Jefferson occupied by obama! The mind reels. :(

I've seen this so many times here - when cornered with the facts, Obamabots either throw the race card, or start spewing insults.

Yet that is all you were capable of.......shall I show you?

(Were your ancestors illegal aliens? Then you voted for obama.)
racial

(Were your parents in the teachers' union - which has destroyed public education in this country)
insult

(hired and promoted over more qualified white people at every step of the way)
racial

Thanks for showing your true colors

Obamabot stupidity is obama's greatest campaign asset. Notice the tone used for "white men" - as if that ipso facto were a dirty word. And imagine the office held by Washington, Adams, and Jefferson occupied by obama! The mind reels. :(

My mind reels that there are actually people of your ignorance voting....

Yet that is all you were capable of.......shall I show you?

(Were your ancestors illegal aliens? Then you voted for obama.)
racial

(Were your parents in the teachers' union - which has destroyed public education in this country)
insult

(hired and promoted over more qualified white people at every step of the way)
racial

Thanks for showing your true colors

The points I made blew WAYYYYYY over your head - another thing that happens with Obamabots. Let's see if I can make it plain enough so even YOU will get it.

The original poster said he was voting in support of his ancestors who undoubtedly came here LEGALLY, as did the vast proportion of immigrants before the current era, when about 20 million illegal alien invaders are here, and five million more every year. Thus, an Obambot raising his immigrant ancestors in a piece supporting Obama, who will do NOTHING about the invasion, drips with IRONY. Get it? Get it? :rolleyes:

There is NO DOUBT AT ALL teachers unions have destroyed government education in this country - wanna debate that? My guess is not.

And you think pointing out racial discrimination against white people is an INSULT? What the devil are you talking about?????

There is NO DOUBT AT ALL teachers unions have destroyed government education in this country - wanna debate that? My guess is not.

Wrong again genius....

I think you should explain EXACTLY how teachers unions have "destroyed" government education. Seems to me that ol GW has taken so much money from unions that i would have thought you would be in favor of unions since your head is so far up the "republican ass".

And you think pointing out racial discrimination against white people is an INSULT? What the devil are you talking about?????

I am talking about the poison "spewing" from your mouth that clearly shows in the tone of every post you make, because if it is not "pro-white", it is not acceptable in your view. You're just a pwt bigot that has nothing better to do than bandwagon on the right-wing "me me me" attitude.

In a battle of wits, you "my friend", are unarmed.

BTW I am a white guy. what a rube.........

This disgraceful behaviour makes a mockery of a right millions have died for.

Grow up

Werbung:
come on man, is that the best response you can come up with?

That is exactly why the american public is tired of the right wing rhetoric:

"We have no valid response therefore we will call you names and slander you"

Then again, its the only platform you have left to stand on.........

Back