House Republicans to Boehner: "NO tax increases, remember?"

What did Obama do that was so great? Nothing that I can think of. Joe Biden deserves the credit for putting this deal together.

In reality, the government squeezes an extra 4% money out of people earning $400k per year, and promises to make some spending cuts in 2 months. That's hardly what I would call great progress towards solving huge debt problem.

And Obama had absolutely nothing to with the whole process, except delay it until the last moment.
Sure!

President Obama handled the stupidity and nastiness of the GOP (especially the tea party arrogance perfectly.

Not only did he get a great portion of what he said he would do, but he also brought the GOP to their knees. If there is any doubt in yor mind who is leading the country and who failed. . . Maybe it is because you choose to be blind!

now, the GOP wishes they had taken President Obama's offer two years ago. . . And mc Conell who had made it his priority to make Obama fail had to eat crow!

I'm sure you don't like it. . . But I love it!

Werbung:
Well. . .that "no tax increase" didn't work for the GOP this time either!

The "fix" bill passed in the Senate by 89 Yea (including 40 Republicans)
and it passed in the House by 257 Yea, including 85 Republicans, among the Yea was Paul Ryan.

Now President Obama is on his flight back to his vacation with his family in Hawaii. Good for him. He certainly deserves to spend the rest of his vacation in peace!

Well done, President Obama and Vice President Biden. Even McConnell helped with the process!

See what can happen when they cooperate!

It is sad that any American thinks as you do...though I recognize there are many.

The government passes a bill to spend more and cut little, in a government drunk on deficit spending..and you find it admirable....when we have a debt over $16 trillion and annual deficits around $1 trillion.

Yeah cooperation is great.:confused:o_O:confused:o_O

The only bright spot in all this, the 16 Ds in the House and 3 in the Senate who voted against it. That is roughly the number of Ds who care about America.

America is worse than Greece and headed for disaster....and you can't see it.

Sure!

President Obama handled the stupidity and nastiness of the GOP (especially the tea party arrogance perfectly.

Not only did he get a great portion of what he said he would do, but he also brought the GOP to their knees. If there is any doubt in yor mind who is leading the country and who failed. . . Maybe it is because you choose to be blind!

now, the GOP wishes they had taken President Obama's offer two years ago. . . And mc Conell who had made it his priority to make Obama fail had to eat crow!

I'm sure you don't like it. . . But I love it!

Your blind partisanship prevents you from thinking.

Sure!

No idea what you are talking about - tea party was quiet during these negotiations.

For months Obama insisted we tax people above income $250k - he missed that by 100%. Biden did the heavy lifting.

now, the GOP wishes they had taken President Obama's offer two years ago. . . And mc Conell who had made it his priority to make Obama fail had to eat crow! I'm sure you don't like it. . . But I love it!

McConnell wanted Obama to eat a crow? I've never eaten crow, but you love the taste, right?

So 330b in new spending 60b in revenue (that wont materialize) and the gop let the dems own it 100%.

So when there is no spending cut in two months and the Bush tax cuts are now the obama tax cuts that obama is already planning to attack get defaulted on its going to blow up in bos face.

credit rating downgraded yet ?

So 330b in new spending 60b in revenue (that wont materialize) and the gop let the dems own it 100%.

So when there is no spending cut in two months and the Bush tax cuts are now the obama tax cuts that obama is already planning to attack get defaulted on its going to blow up in bos face.

credit rating downgraded yet ?

I love the way you show your support for the people of this country, by rejoicing at the thought of a "possible" down grade, just because you believe ( wrongly) that it would throw dirt on your President!

Come on, even McConnell has given up that "let's make Obama fail" as a priority to take care of the REAL issues this country is facing!

Can't you grow up long enough to leave your hate for President Obama aside long enough to put us ahead as a nation?

dumb question! Of course you can't. . . You are one of those people who still believe that the tea party tail can wag the dog!

How has that been working for you over the last 2 months? LOL!

I love the way you show your support for the people of this country, by rejoicing at the thought of a "possible" down grade, just because you believe ( wrongly) that it would throw dirt on your President!

Come on, even McConnell has given up that "let's make Obama fail" as a priority to take care of the REAL issues this country is facing!

You keep throwing this statement around..indeed all Democrats do... yet they must just forget to express the context behind that statement - I'll post it for you below:

"
McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
NJ: Does that mean endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?​
McConnell: If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him.
NJ: What are the big issues?​
McConnell: It is possible the president’s advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I imagine, find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him.​
NJ: What will you seek from the president on the tax issue?​
McConnell: At the very least, I believe we should extend all of the Bush tax cuts. And I prefer to describe this as keeping current tax policy. It’s been on the books for 10 years. Now, how long that [extension] is, is something we can discuss. It was clear his position was not [favored] among all Senate Democrats. They had their own divisions. I don’t think those divisions are going to be any less in November and December."​
I have no doubt this will not change your thinking or use of the statement. Let us also remember that he made this statement in October 2010 -- when the mood of the country was clearly on his side. He made a political statement -- you blew it out of proportion and context.​

Well. . .that "no tax increase" didn't work for the GOP this time either!

The "fix" bill passed in the Senate by 89 Yea (including 40 Republicans)
and it passed in the House by 257 Yea, including 85 Republicans, among the Yea was Paul Ryan.

Now President Obama is on his flight back to his vacation with his family in Hawaii. Good for him. He certainly deserves to spend the rest of his vacation in peace!

Well done, President Obama and Vice President Biden. Even McConnell helped with the process!

See what can happen when they cooperate!

We bought two months before we have the exact same problem all over again. What makes you think in the next two months it gets solved, when they had a year leading up to this and couldn't solve anything?

Leadership at its finest apparently means kicking the can down the road....again.

We bought two months before we have the exact same problem all over again. What makes you think in the next two months it gets solved, when they had a year leading up to this and couldn't solve anything?

Leadership at its finest apparently means kicking the can down the road....again.

Hey. . .it was your friends and the GOP who were accusing President Obama of WANTING to go over the Cliff. . .and now you are complaining that we didn't"

Again. . .bad will!

As I said before, I would probably have preferred to go over the cliff, but I am not unhappy with the compromise, just because it cuts the GOP and the tea party down to size. . .which was badly needed to go ahead.

And, if we can't come to a compromise about cuts over the next two months. . .guess what? The GOP will be blamed, and with good reason!
EVERY Democrat, from President Obama all the way down to someone like me TOTALLY AGREE That spending cuts are necessary! (although you guys seems to NEVER hear that part, even when it is said very clearly by the President every time he speaks, even when he said it even during the campaign leading to his election).

The trick is to not throw the elderly and the poor under the bus, but assure that WASTE and CORPORATE WELFARE goes first. . . .and everyone (except Exxon, and the Koch brothers, of course) will be happy!

You keep throwing this statement around..indeed all Democrats do... yet they must just forget to express the context behind that statement - I'll post it for you below:

"
McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
NJ: Does that mean endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?​
McConnell: If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him.
NJ: What are the big issues?​
McConnell: It is possible the president’s advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I imagine, find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him.​
NJ: What will you seek from the president on the tax issue?​
McConnell: At the very least, I believe we should extend all of the Bush tax cuts. And I prefer to describe this as keeping current tax policy. It’s been on the books for 10 years. Now, how long that [extension] is, is something we can discuss. It was clear his position was not [favored] among all Senate Democrats. They had their own divisions. I don’t think those divisions are going to be any less in November and December."​
I have no doubt this will not change your thinking or use of the statement. Let us also remember that he made this statement in October 2010 -- when the mood of the country was clearly on his side. He made a political statement -- you blew it out of proportion and context.​

Thanks for reminding me of that! I had the pleasure to listen to that McConnell speech to the Heritage foundation on 11/4/2010 again, and, although it was awfully long, it was VERY entertaining. . .I believe you should listen to McConnell's words again in their entirety! It is the PERFECT example of how delusional and arrogant the GOP and the tea party really have been over the last 4 years, but ESPECIALLY since 2010, and how that delusional mind set has contributed to the failure of the Republicans in 2012!

I think, today, McConnell has finally realize that, and this is probably why he HELPED to bring the "fix" compromise to an overwhelming by-partisan senate (with 40 Republican senators voting Yea!). Maybe he went back and listened to this speech again, and finally he realize how very WRONG he had been.

And. . . surprisingly, maybe the WHOLE of the Heritage foundation may be ready to take a different approach. . .after all, Senator De Mint (SC) who is leaving the Senate to become the head of the Heritage Foundation was one of the 4 Republican Senators who ABSTAINED from voting on the "fix." He has been the "tea party" unofficial leader for the last 3 years or so. . .and he didn't have the nerve to vote "Nay!"

Here is the link to that speech if you are interested

http://www.heritage.org/events/2010/11/mitch-mcconnell

Hey. . .it was your friends and the GOP who were accusing President Obama of WANTING to go over the Cliff. . .and now you are complaining that we didn't"

Again. . .bad will!

I am not complaining that we didn't -- I did not want to go over the cliff. It was however YOUR friends, such as Democratic Senators Patty Murray and Chuck Shumer who openly called for going over. Even Warren Buffett came out and said essentially that going over was not a big deal.

As I said before, I would probably have preferred to go over the cliff, but I am not unhappy with the compromise, just because it cuts the GOP and the tea party down to size. . .which was badly needed to go ahead.

And, if we can't come to a compromise about cuts over the next two months. . .guess what? The GOP will be blamed, and with good reason!
EVERY Democrat, from President Obama all the way down to someone like me TOTALLY AGREE That spending cuts are necessary! (although you guys seems to NEVER hear that part, even when it is said very clearly by the President every time he speaks, even when he said it even during the campaign leading to his election).

The trick is to not throw the elderly and the poor under the bus, but assure that WASTE and CORPORATE WELFARE goes first. . . .and everyone (except Exxon, and the Koch brothers, of course) will be happy!

We had a full year to come to an agreement on these issues -- this issue was established as the "fix" to the last problem, and here we are kicking the can down the road. Do you seriously expect anything to have changed in two months?

As for Obama wanting spending cuts -- yes, he always brings that up -- but has never actually gotten into any details of what those really are. Obama has the "balanced approach" rhetoric down, but in practice, that has amounted to nothing as of yet.

Thanks for reminding me of that! I had the pleasure to listen to that McConnell speech to the Heritage foundation on 11/4/2010 again, and, although it was awfully long, it was VERY entertaining. . .I believe you should listen to McConnell's words again in their entirety! It is the PERFECT example of how delusional and arrogant the GOP and the tea party really have been over the last 4 years, but ESPECIALLY since 2010, and how that delusional mind set has contributed to the failure of the Republicans in 2012!

I think, today, McConnell has finally realize that, and this is probably why he HELPED to bring the "fix" compromise to an overwhelming by-partisan senate (with 40 Republican senators voting Yea!). Maybe he went back and listened to this speech again, and finally he realize how very WRONG he had been.

And. . . surprisingly, maybe the WHOLE of the Heritage foundation may be ready to take a different approach. . .after all, Senator De Mint (SC) who is leaving the Senate to become the head of the Heritage Foundation was one of the 4 Republican Senators who ABSTAINED from voting on the "fix." He has been the "tea party" unofficial leader for the last 3 years or so. . .and he didn't have the nerve to vote "Nay!"

Here is the link to that speech if you are interested

http://www.heritage.org/events/2010/11/mitch-mcconnell

The first remarks came in October to to the National Journal, and the speech just was the same political rhetoric. It basically amounted to, if the President shows a willingness to compromise, we will work with him. He really has not shown that willingness...except in rhetoric...never in practice.

The first remarks came in October to to the National Journal, and the speech just was the same political rhetoric. It basically amounted to, if the President shows a willingness to compromise, we will work with him. He really has not shown that willingness...except in rhetoric...never in practice.

Dear, there was a lot more in that speech than what you heard! There was a lot of "we won and the people have given us a very firm mandate, and we have to do what we promised to do, and since in 2012, 23 Democratic senators will be up for re-election, they will have to come to our side and agree to work on our policies, or they will lose their seats, and we will get both the Senate and an even greater majority in the house.

Obviously, this is a paraphrase. . .but I'm sure if you listen you'll hear it!

No wonder he looked so shocked on November 7, 2012!

Werbung:
Dear, there was a lot more in that speech than what you heard! There was a lot of "we won and the people have given us a very firm mandate, and we have to do what we promised to do, and since in 2012, 23 Democratic senators will be up for re-election, they will have to come to our side and agree to work on our policies, or they will lose their seats, and we will get both the Senate and an even greater majority in the house.

Obviously, this is a paraphrase. . .but I'm sure if you listen you'll hear it!

No wonder he looked so shocked on November 7, 2012!

You are approaching it from the wrong angle. It is a political commentary, that is consistently if he will truly work with us, we will find common ground with him. As for the election predictions, in November 2010, that commentary makes political sense at the time. Times obviously changed between 2010 and 2012, but that doesn't mean his comments were out of line at the time.

Back