I Voted Today

Did you catch Jon Stewart's parody of that issue? It seems Romney was appalled that Democrats would do such a thing, it was a terrible strategy, and so on, but then Stewart ran clips of Romney supporting the Republicans having done the exact same thing back in '08, cheered on by, you guessed it, the same Romney.

Political gamesmanship at its finest.

Romney condemned Santorum for calling on democrats to crossover. Obviously the practice is widely used as a strategy of the opposition. I do not recall opponents using the practice before (does not mean its never happened of course). So not the exact same thing. Perhaps that's why its a parody ?

Werbung:
Romney condemned Santorum for calling on democrats to crossover. Obviously the practice is widely used as a strategy of the opposition. I do not recall opponents using the practice before (does not mean its never happened of course). So not the exact same thing. Perhaps that's why its a parody ?
It's a parody because Romney supported the idea of an open primary back in 2008. Now that it is being used against him, he thinks it's a bad idea.

Given the content of your posts thus far, I'm amazed that you would vote for Ron Paul.

but, it's good that you did.

Really? Maybe you should pay closer attention to my posts.

Have I not sided with the Constitution, for individual liberty, free markets, limited foreign military entanglements, lower taxes, smaller government, etc?...all things RP espouses, while condemning liberalism with flare! I suspect you find my condemnation of liberalism hard to take, so concluded things about me that are not true.

This is a good lesson for you to learn from. Conservatives are not evil as you were told in the p-schools..

Have I not sided with the Constitution, for individual liberty, free markets, limited foreign military entanglements, lower taxes, smaller government, etc?...all things RP espouses, while condemning liberalism with flare! I suspect you find my condemnation of liberalism hard to take, so concluded things about me that are not true.

This is a good lesson for you to learn from. Conservatives are not evil as you were told in the p-schools..

Maybe I've missed something but I thought you had been plugging Dr Paul for some time now.

Maybe I've missed something but I thought you had been plugging Dr Paul for some time now.

You haven't missed anything. My good buddy the burnout moderator apparently has.

I would not use the word 'plugging.' More accurately I have posted a few times commending Dr. Paul's positions, but also criticizing some positions as well. There is no perfect candidate. But, IMO Paul is the best of the four GOP candidates.

You haven't missed anything. My good buddy the burnout moderator apparently has.

I would not use the word 'plugging.' More accurately I have posted a few times commending Dr. Paul's positions, but also criticizing some positions as well. There is no perfect candidate. But, IMO Paul is the best of the four GOP candidates.

Well yeah, not a totally whole hearted endorsement but your clear choice of whats left in the mix.

Yes, along with abortion is murder some other things that Paul doesn't stand for at all.

I suspect that, despite the ranting about "liberals", by which you obviously mean anyone who disagrees with your POV in one way or another, you and I have more similar political philosophies than you realize.

Now, does Paul's stance on "social" conservative issues make him a "liberal"?

Makes him the Libertarian that he is.

The curious thing about the Libertarian view is that anyone but hard core Marxists (or Trotskiites) can find much to like. Helps make them attain the success as a 3rd party that they enjoy.

Makes him the Libertarian that he is.

The curious thing about the Libertarian view is that anyone but hard core Marxists (or Trotskiites) can find much to like. Helps make them attain the success as a 3rd party that they enjoy.

Yes, they do. So, why is it that a Libertarian can't get elected?

Yes, along with abortion is murder some other things that Paul doesn't stand for at all.

I suspect that, despite the ranting about "liberals", by which you obviously mean anyone who disagrees with your POV in one way or another, you and I have more similar political philosophies than you realize.

Abortion is murder. When you kill a human being purely for convenience, its murder. Its cold blooded murder. How do you fail to comprehend that?

Paul is anti-abortion. Abortion kills...it eliminates the rights of the unborn. Paul is very much about preventing laws and actions that negatively impact the rights of others. Get it?

You continue to claim that I think anyone who disagrees with me is a lib. I disagree with some of the positions held by posters like Gen and Alias, but I don't call them libs. I disagree with some positions held by Ron Paul, but do not think he is a lib. So, once again, you are wrong.

Are you a lib?

Yes, they do. So, why is it that a Libertarian can't get elected?

I'd venture to say two things:
- the dope thing
- the isolationist thing

right or wrong that seems to be a tripping point at least at a national level. helps explain why they do pretty well at lower levels where these things do not come into play.

Abortion is murder. When you kill a human being purely for convenience, its murder. Its cold blooded murder. How do you fail to comprehend that?

Paul is anti-abortion. Abortion kills...it eliminates the rights of the unborn. Paul is very much about preventing laws and actions that negatively impact the rights of others. Get it?

You continue to claim that I think anyone who disagrees with me is a lib. I disagree with some of the positions held by posters like Gen and Alias, but I don't call them libs. I disagree with some positions held by Ron Paul, but do not think he is a lib. So, once again, you are wrong.

Are you a lib?
As usual, I'm not wrong. Ron Paul may be anti abortion, but he is anti federal laws against it, which is the same place I stand on the issue. I already know you consider it to be cold blooded murder, which is why it is surprising that you would support a candidate that is against passing a law against it.

Am I a lib? Well, since "lib" means "anyone who disagrees with the Gipper, I'm a lib on some issues and not on others. On the "social conservative" issues, I'm a lib, as is Dr. Paul, I believe.

(at least given your definition)

or, feel free... what is your definition of "lib" if I'm wrong?

As usual, I'm not wrong. Ron Paul may be anti abortion, but he is anti federal laws against it, which is the same place I stand on the issue. I already know you consider it to be cold blooded murder, which is why it is surprising that you would support a candidate that is against passing a law against it.

Am I a lib? Well, since "lib" means "anyone who disagrees with the Gipper, I'm a lib on some issues and not on others. On the "social conservative" issues, I'm a lib, as is Dr. Paul, I believe.

(at least given your definition)

or, feel free... what is your definition of "lib" if I'm wrong?

Ron Paul is against abortion, with a cavaet being IMMEDIATELY after rape. Watch this...

And this were he states moving abortion to the states will immediately END the baby murder law you find nothing wrong with.

He has stated many times, "abortion is an act of violence." Which of course it is, but some people fail to comprehend this.

And, did you already forget that you have defined what a Liberal is in my view?. You have stated it many times on this forum....anyone who disagrees with me is a liberal...that is the definition you have given. Of course, like most things you spout, it is wrong and I proved it wrong in my previous post. But, you probably forgot that too.

But, I will give you credit for admitting you are a lib. Nothing is more disingenuous than a lib who refuses to admit they are a lib. Much like a commie not admitting they are commie...like most of the D Party you no doubt vote for.

Werbung:
Ron Paul is against abortion, with a cavaet being IMMEDIATELY after rape. Watch this...

And this were he states moving abortion to the states will immediately END the baby murder law you find nothing wrong with.

He has stated many times, "abortion is an act of violence." Which of course it is, but some people fail to comprehend this.

And, did you already forget that you have defined what a Liberal is in my view?. You have stated it many times on this forum....anyone who disagrees with me is a liberal...that is the definition you have given. Of course, like most things you spout, it is wrong and I proved it wrong in my previous post. But, you probably forgot that too.

But, I will give you credit for admitting you are a lib. Nothing is more disingenuous than a lib who refuses to admit they are a lib. Much like a commie not admitting they are commie...like most of the D Party you no doubt vote for.

Dr. Paul's position on abortion is the same position I've taken on this forum, and the same position John Kerry took in '04: Abortion is wrong, but it is not in the purview of the federal government to outlaw it.

That's the only viable position for someone who is in favor of a smaller and less powerful federal government.

Now, it seems that there is some confusion as to political philosophies. I stated mine in my very first post on this forum. Of course, that's gone now due to the change in software, so I'll start a new thread and re post it.

Back